Ground Vehicle Battle

Read before say No:

I think this can add another level of gameplay to the game and one that isn't that bad. Star Wars is known for iconic vehicles and I would really like to see some of them make way.

Now this could be integrated in 2 ways:

Every squad can have a support vehicle like a capital ship to a fleet or even like HAAT Raid the AAT.
Or they could have there own battles, I was thinking like a 5v5 or 4v4 battle. Vehicles i was thinking about in the first step were AT-AT, AT-ST, AAT, AT-TE, Speeders, Staps, IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank.

I know it would be hard to implement to the game, caue the difference between ships and ground vehicles is that many people don't have their own. Yes you could make a few connections but no iconic characters have a specific ground vehicle that they would be known for.

Yea and i know that there would be even more things to gear..

What you thinking about this?

Replies

• Fun idea...unlikely to happen I think but fun idea! Thank you!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Give me an Ewok Glider a T-16 and a whole lot of Wamprats and I'm down.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    No.
    1. Look at Fleets.
    2. Cry
    3. Realise CG is incapable of creating a fun entertainment since hm.. the introduction of the phoenix team?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yeah, I spent some time thinking about this as well. They would have to be separate from characters, that's for sure. This connection is already limiting concerning ships and would be even worse with ground vehicles. My idea is that different vehicles (or possibly troop platoons too) could occupy different number of slots, enabling us to either use one huge vehicle (like an AT-AT) or a whole bunch of smaller ones (like speeder bikes) or anything in between. But yeah, it's pretty unlikely to happen in foreeable future.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And how exactly is speculation about nonexistent features "feedback"? This is getting ridiculous...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    And how exactly is speculation about nonexistent features "feedback"? This is getting ridiculous...

Is it not feedback to say, I would like to see X feature in game?
  • There's tons of these threads already. One even made by me. I don't think it could be executed with the small amount of uniques (like "poe damerons x-wing"). Also ships is way lack luster in terms of numbers, and rocky right now.
    This is something I wouldn't look forward too.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Is it not feedback to say, I would like to see X feature in game?

I would say it isn't. To me, feedback is a reaction to something already in place, you can't report back on something that isn't there. Not native speaker, though...
    Also, there is the elephant in the room in form of the thread explicitly titled "feedback" that sits in general. It's almost as if you know that everything moved here gets buried forever.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Speculation and new ideas have been part of the feedback forum since forever. Like half the Characters subforum is asking for new characters or new kits for old characters.
    Still not a he.