Slave 1, Tie advanced, KRU, TFP, etc STILL can't win Moff Cap ship 5* in tier 4

The challenges are really a sick joke in 2.0. There are multiple threads complaining how the difficulty is through the roof for these with the stupid 3vs3 format. I can't pass training droids tier TWO nor the credit challenge tier TWO. How can anyone progress in ships?

I tried every possible combo multiple times in 30 tries, 30 f---ing tries, I hate ships so much, I would not bother AT ALL if not for the need for Zeta for other MUCH better parts of the game than this hot mess, and worst of all this hot mess is now holding back the rest of my game and I have fallen WAY behind in the other areas

So the Phantom hits WAY too hard for this level, they all have WAY too much health, they call 3 reinforcements when I am only allowed 2, the nonsense is through the roof, really I think between this and the pitiful and laughable sith raid rewards that keep getting ignored I am done with this **** game.

I have:
- Vader 6* G10 lvl 80 with Omegas, Mods, etc in a 4* ship
- KRU 5* G9 lvl 80 2 Omegas, Mods etc in a 4* ship
- Fett 6* G8 lvl 80 Mods etc in a 4* ship
- GS 6* G9 lvl 80 Mods etc in a 5* ship
- TFP 6* G8 lvl 75 Mods etc in a 4* ship
- Fac 6* G8 lvl 75 Mods etc in a 4* ship

I can barely make a dent in this **** team, and they kill off a ship by end of first turn. They stealth, taunt with foresight, Falcon comes in, Wedge comes in, Cassian comes in, Biggs taunts all the time and as usual has way too much health, its a sick joke, and this is only tier 4 to get 5* Moff cap ship, just a colossal waste of time and resources ships are, at least 1.0 things like this were more reasonable.

Replies

• Hey there! It is frustrating, but it is doable! I started a thread about it a few weeks ago and was finally able to do it, even at 3 stars! Your ships look better than mine so a little RNG can help get you there. It seriously took me about 65-75 tries before I got it. The guys that responded in my thread had some good advice:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1582529#Comment_1582529
  • Farebearclaw
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And here’s my two quotes from my thread when I finally got it:

“I finally did it and with 3 stars!!! Fleet power 106,377 with Geonosians as starters and TFP and Vader as reinforcements. Vader was my first reinforcement to add damage over time and surprisingly TFP brought the big damage.

Sun Fac was lvl 75, 5 star at gear 8 (ship 5*). Solider 3* (ship 6*) and Spy at 4 star (ship 5*) are both 74 and gear 8 too, but I put the health mods from the Solo characters on them. I got the mods to lvl 10. My TFP is 7* lvl 75 for ship and toon Vader is 6* lvl 80 and ship at lvl 78. Both of them have 5* ships. I hope that helps!”

Edit: to further elaborate if I remember correctly, target Biggs as much as possible (especially with the Geos synergy) to wipe him out then head for Phantom. If you get the right RNG/luck you can quickly take him out. Then it gets a little easier.

Another method I tried and got really close with was using KRU, TFP and FOSFTP and would try my best to stun Biggs and Phantom with KRUs basic and FOSFTP to use his assist special and picked KRU to attack.

Hang in there though, it’s tough but those Zetas are most definitely worth it!

PS...the Zeta challenge itself is pretty hard too, but luckily you can use DS/LS ships
  • jackaldo20
    128 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Highly recommend you get your pilots to g9-g10 and 7* before attempting the challenge if you want it to be easy. Your pilots are undergeared.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And that is unfair for a challenge that's theoretically rated at lvl 75 and 4 star ships.

My vader and TFP are gear 10 and 9, ships at 5* lvl 15 mods. Fett's 9/7 lvl 15 mods, tarkin 10/7 15 mods and just off that i lose one of the three ships before i get a single turn. They're all lvl 84 and ships lvl 80/81 (tarkin's 83). I can barely get to my geo soldier and FOTFP reinforcements before being totally wiped.
  • Yes, why would we need almost maxed out ships to pass a tier TWO credit challenge, this is sooo sooo dumb.

Also, I HAVE one of the best ships with pilot G10, Vader, and then two other pilots G9, they practically get taken out like they are not even there, it is so stupid. They really didn't test this crap at lower levels obviously.

I can't make any headway on the tables either, I did manage to beat 4A normal finally 3* where there is a MUCH needed purple mat, my ships are crying for these, do you think that is farmable? NOOO. 0 for 17, thanks CG. I is one big catch 22, my ships are stuck and can NOT progress, and that also stops the progression of the rest of my game. I quit this game for 2 years before, and I am going to do again, too frustrating

@Farebearclaw Thanks I found your thread before, thing is I don't have SPY and he is the key to the bug trio. I will probably farm him later on, I can not afford to ATM as I need other things from there