The Road Ahead: July 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

  • TVF
    27507 posts Member
    Sorry if I missed if somewhere, but the post says materials to slice mods will be obtained through mod battles. Does the include mod challenges, or will we have to dedicate limited Cantina energy to an otherwise useless area to obtain slicing materials?

    I am a bit concerned that new modes are being added (Ship table, slicing farming) but crystal income isn't being raised. The economy of the game felt pretty stable prior to these updates; I worry this is now going to skew very heavily toward P2P and make it impossible for F2P to have a chance at being competitive.

    So far, the ship table is a bonus. You get free energy every day that you didn't have prior to the update.

    I say "so far" because they can always dump a Vet Han or Vet Chewie panic farm toon there in the future, and suddenly you're required to spend more crystals to get Revan. But for now, the ship table is not a drain on resources at all.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    ...
    Looks interesting! Sooo, when do we get Revan? I mean someone has to ask... lol

    REVAN... Why no REVAN... *sigh*

    Because maybe later?

    Maybe when more people have Traya? Maybe?
  • NicWester
    7732 posts Member
    People wetting themselves about KOTOR (I still don;t really know what it is) reminds of me hipsters wetting themselves about a band's "early stuff".


    Yeah yeah we get it :P you're cool.

    It's more like people wetting themselves about GI Joe being put on iTunes or whatever. It's not cool, it's nostalgia.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    27507 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Apparently I'm the only one who would prefer canon characters.

    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care about what toons are or aren't available in the slightest. I know it's a weird attitude, but all I care about is how good the toon is and how good the team is.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    7732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you talking about a mod you obtain that is green at the time you obtain it, with speed as the one secondary showing? In this case, the speed upgrades one time, 100% of the time.

    This is what I'm talking about, and I have definitely seen speed not be increased. This isn't some Mandela Effect nonsense, it happened several times when I farmed mods (now I'm farming characters with Cantina energy, so I only buy mods and don't bother buying greens) and I remember them distinctly because I really, really wanted that double dip of speed and then ended up selling it for jank instead.

    The only explanation I can think of is that I take all mine from 1 to 15 in one shot. Maybe there's a difference in the way the secondaries are put in if you do it in one go or if you do it in steps of 3, I don't know. All I know is what I've seen with my own eyes and frustrations.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed if somewhere, but the post says materials to slice mods will be obtained through mod battles. Does the include mod challenges, or will we have to dedicate limited Cantina energy to an otherwise useless area to obtain slicing materials?

    I am a bit concerned that new modes are being added (Ship table, slicing farming) but crystal income isn't being raised. The economy of the game felt pretty stable prior to these updates; I worry this is now going to skew very heavily toward P2P and make it impossible for F2P to have a chance at being competitive.

    So far, the ship table is a bonus. You get free energy every day that you didn't have prior to the update.

    I say "so far" because they can always dump a Vet Han or Vet Chewie panic farm toon there in the future, and suddenly you're required to spend more crystals to get Revan. But for now, the ship table is not a drain on resources at all.

    The gear drops on that table are quite good. I suppose it's not too different from buying gear in Shipments, but the opportunity is there for spenders to gain an advantage by farming gear through refreshes from that table. Plus RI hardware, if you're devoted to ships. I don't think it's a big deal - yet - but am hoping there's been some thought on how to keep the in-game econony healthy.
  • TVF
    27507 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you talking about a mod you obtain that is green at the time you obtain it, with speed as the one secondary showing? In this case, the speed upgrades one time, 100% of the time.

    This is what I'm talking about, and I have definitely seen speed not be increased. This isn't some Mandela Effect nonsense, it happened several times when I farmed mods (now I'm farming characters with Cantina energy, so I only buy mods and don't bother buying greens) and I remember them distinctly because I really, really wanted that double dip of speed and then ended up selling it for jank instead.

    The only explanation I can think of is that I take all mine from 1 to 15 in one shot. Maybe there's a difference in the way the secondaries are put in if you do it in one go or if you do it in steps of 3, I don't know. All I know is what I've seen with my own eyes and frustrations.

    You are the only one then, I don't know what to tell you otherwise. No one else has reported it, I've never seen it, and all mod guides and explanations contradict it. I'm quite sure you're mistaken.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    27507 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed if somewhere, but the post says materials to slice mods will be obtained through mod battles. Does the include mod challenges, or will we have to dedicate limited Cantina energy to an otherwise useless area to obtain slicing materials?

    I am a bit concerned that new modes are being added (Ship table, slicing farming) but crystal income isn't being raised. The economy of the game felt pretty stable prior to these updates; I worry this is now going to skew very heavily toward P2P and make it impossible for F2P to have a chance at being competitive.

    So far, the ship table is a bonus. You get free energy every day that you didn't have prior to the update.

    I say "so far" because they can always dump a Vet Han or Vet Chewie panic farm toon there in the future, and suddenly you're required to spend more crystals to get Revan. But for now, the ship table is not a drain on resources at all.

    The gear drops on that table are quite good. I suppose it's not too different from buying gear in Shipments, but the opportunity is there for spenders to gain an advantage by farming gear through refreshes from that table.

    This is true, but it will always be the case. Spenders will always be able to speed up the process, that's what they pay for.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    7732 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Read other comments, man. Read literally any mod guide available via Google. The chance for a green mod to upgrade its existing secondary stat at level 3 is 100 percent. It happens every time. It is literally not possible for a green mod that begins with secondary speed to not improve that stat at least once. I’ve never heard of a single bug report to the contrary. So you are either saying there is a bug that has only ever affected you and not any of the millions of other people who play the game, or you are suggesting every single person who has ever written a mod guide, not to mention the devs themselves who have repeatedly explained this, are wrong and you alone have the correct information.

    I choose option 3. You don’t understand how mods upgrade. There are tables out there. Seriously, go look at one.

    I know how mods work, that's why I was so surprised and disappointed whenever it happened. If I didn't know how they work I'd have just accepted it and moved on without reporting a bug because I would have assumed everything was working normally. Go do an advanced search, I've mentioned seeing this before in other threads.

    I know what I've seen, I know how annoyed I've been when it's happened. If you don't believe me, that's fine, I don't care.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    7732 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Apparently I'm the only one who would prefer canon characters.
    I'm fine with any character being added, really. Star Wars is big enough and the fans are so many that every character is going to be SOMEONE'S favorite character. Hell, my favorite characters are Kit Fisto (That name! That smile!) and Zam Wessel (That name! That informing the look and mechanics of the Imperial Agent Sniper in the MMO!) and they're in, so why not make someone happy?
    You can get Kotor for like 5$ off steam. It is considered one of the greatest RPGs ever... Not just star wars... all RPGs ever. All time. It introduced a younger generation who were too young to truly enjoy the original trilogy to the depth of the star wars universe.
    Considered one of the greatest RPGs ever--by people who played it when it was relatively new. Don't underestimate the importance of context. I know enough people who have watched Ghostbusters for the first time as adults to know that old things don't age well. Even something innovative like KOTOR is going to suffer because the best bits of it have been redone and recycled into later games and done better.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't like it or trying to be a wet blanket. I'm glad the folks who are fans are getting the thing that they want. I'm just saying why there's folks who read the news and thought "Meh."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • StarSon
    4930 posts Member
    I am a little confused still. If we get a Tier E mod, will we see what all the secondary stats will be (not the values, just which stats will show up) without slicing it and without leveling it? Or do we need to slice or level to know what the stats will be? There is a lot of conflicting statements on that.

    @CG_SBCrumb
  • TVF
    27507 posts Member
    There's a lot of conflicting statements on everything lol, even within a single paragraph.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    7732 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you talking about a mod you obtain that is green at the time you obtain it, with speed as the one secondary showing? In this case, the speed upgrades one time, 100% of the time.

    This is what I'm talking about, and I have definitely seen speed not be increased. This isn't some Mandela Effect nonsense, it happened several times when I farmed mods (now I'm farming characters with Cantina energy, so I only buy mods and don't bother buying greens) and I remember them distinctly because I really, really wanted that double dip of speed and then ended up selling it for jank instead.

    The only explanation I can think of is that I take all mine from 1 to 15 in one shot. Maybe there's a difference in the way the secondaries are put in if you do it in one go or if you do it in steps of 3, I don't know. All I know is what I've seen with my own eyes and frustrations.

    You are the only one then, I don't know what to tell you otherwise. No one else has reported it, I've never seen it, and all mod guides and explanations contradict it. I'm quite sure you're mistaken.

    If it's happening, then I doubt I'm the only one. I'm probably just the only one who noticed because:
    A) The folks to whom it happened don't know how mods work, so they assumed it was working as intended.
    B) The folks to whom it happened stopped working on green mods a long time ago and forgot.
    C) The folks to whom it happened just didn't notice.
    D) It's still happening, but you don't notice when it happens to a blue+ mod.
    E) Some combination of the above.

    The moral of the story, I guess, is to just promote a green mod from 1 to 3, then from 3 to 15.

    EDIT: Oy... I hate how that sunglasses emoji always screws up any multiple choice list.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    27507 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you talking about a mod you obtain that is green at the time you obtain it, with speed as the one secondary showing? In this case, the speed upgrades one time, 100% of the time.

    This is what I'm talking about, and I have definitely seen speed not be increased. This isn't some Mandela Effect nonsense, it happened several times when I farmed mods (now I'm farming characters with Cantina energy, so I only buy mods and don't bother buying greens) and I remember them distinctly because I really, really wanted that double dip of speed and then ended up selling it for jank instead.

    The only explanation I can think of is that I take all mine from 1 to 15 in one shot. Maybe there's a difference in the way the secondaries are put in if you do it in one go or if you do it in steps of 3, I don't know. All I know is what I've seen with my own eyes and frustrations.

    You are the only one then, I don't know what to tell you otherwise. No one else has reported it, I've never seen it, and all mod guides and explanations contradict it. I'm quite sure you're mistaken.

    If it's happening, then I doubt I'm the only one. I'm probably just the only one who noticed because:
    A) The folks to whom it happened don't know how mods work, so they assumed it was working as intended.
    B) The folks to whom it happened stopped working on green mods a long time ago and forgot.
    C) The folks to whom it happened just didn't notice.
    D) It's still happening, but you don't notice when it happens to a blue+ mod.
    E) Some combination of the above.

    The moral of the story, I guess, is to just promote a green mod from 1 to 3, then from 3 to 15.

    EDIT: Oy... I hate how that sunglasses emoji always screws up any multiple choice list.

    If you say so. I've never, ever seen this happen. I've upgraded a ton of green speed secondary mods too.

    And FWIW I've also done both methods, going from 1 to 3 or 1 to 12, and still...nope. Never seen it.

    And this can't happen on a blue mod because there's a 50% chance for each secondary on each roll. By definition there's a chance the speed doesn't roll. Not relevant.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    7732 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Well it definitely wasn't common. I only distinctly remember it happening twice, and feel like it might have happened another two or three times. Often enough to be annoying, but uncommon enough that I didn't bother changing my habits, lol.

    EDIT: It's just my luck that the one exploit I stumbled across turned out to be dumb and pointless. "If you get a green mod without speed as its secondary, you can raise it to 15 and the game might glitch and bump up one of the other three secondaries instead, and that MIGHT be a speed secondary! Or you could just sell the **** thing and only truck with blues and better in the first place."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2235 posts Member
    When the road ahead doesn’t mention anything about the Sith raid
    p5tps1a67fpq.gif

    why would they mention the sith raid?
    Another excellent update. Mod help.... so badly needed!

    The toons? Bastilla?!?! battle meditation and she has the double bladed yellow light saber, a first double bladed light sider in the game?.... cannot wait. I am gonna whale out on both toons as for once I will be ready for them!

    Bastilla has gotta be a legendary toon as she has her battle meditation and she helps in the fight against revan to turn him to the light and she is considered one of the best.

    Jedi guardian has a double yellow lightsaber

    good point... I completely forgot about her lol

    Why wouldn’t they mention the Sith raid?? Because it’s a road ahead post and the road ahead better include some changes to t1-t-6 of the raid and the poopy rewards. That’s why. But instead, they ignore that dumpster fire and try to dazzle us with new content. Traya has already shown up in my arena and i am usually around rank 50-75. My guild is doing t-5 trying to get ready for HSTR, but with poopy rewards and the chore of getting people to hit the raid is making progress way too slow. It deserves attention.
  • Will there be a level cap increase to 90 anytime soon?
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    So Kotor has an anniversary, what about all the other anniversaries like hmm maybe the Phantom Menace or the clone wars.

    Its beyond me why they ignore the most iconic toons in all of star wars the Jedi...
  • So, once more time they ruined an explanation and the CM makes statements as if he has never touched this game (hey man, you must learn when we are able to know the stats in our mods in the current system). Maybe you should start explaining mods to your employees first, CG.

    The "ironic" part is that they start saying that mods are complicated and the solution is introducing new layers to overcomplicate things.

    We'll be waiting for the clarification of the clarification post:

    "I apologize, the clarification wasn't good enough..."
  • Shiprek
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    People seem to be posting crazy things so I am gonna try to summarize what I think I understand from Carrie's post.

    1) Gold mods are not going to change and can't be sliced. If you only buy gold mods from the mod store nothing changes for you.
    2) All mods will show all 4 stats at level 3 and will retain their Tier (color: Grey, green, blue, purple, gold) while leveling to 15. Same secondaries will be shown at level 1. So by level 3 you will know all the secondaries it will have and can choose to upgrade or sell.
    3) All mods will upgrade a secondary stat the same amount of times randomly based on Tier. (grey = 0, green = 1, blue = 2, purple = 3, gold = 4)
    4) You can slice any tier mod except for Gold (Tier A). You do not have to slice any mod, it is optional. Slicing will allow a boost to any secondary stat once per tier upgrade.

    TLDR: Gold mods stay the same. All mods can be upgraded to gold (Tier A) with slicing materials with increasing cost because of the new slicing materials.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Arcaver wrote: »
    Is the clarity going to include what exactly the mod does? Like what all does the Offense Mod increase and is it better to have an Offense Mod or critical damage mods? I'm still confused on which one is better, and I've been playing for a couple of years now.

    Characters do two types of damage. Physical damage (appears as red numbers when you do damage), and special damage (appears as blue numbers). Both have their own critical rating which is a percentage chance that the attack will critically hit. Whenever that happens the damage appears in yellow numbers, and does whatever damage it normally does multiplied by the character's critical damage stat, which is base 150%.

    If you increase offense you increase the amount of damage done by physical and special attacks. A 10% increase (like you get from an offense mod set) will mean you get a 10% bump up to all attacks, but 15% increase to critical hits, because they are multiplying the original damage by 150%. So you get a little boost to all attacks.

    Critical damage mod sets do nothing if you don't crit. But they give a 30% damage boost if you do crit. So it's a much bigger boost, but only if you crit.

    So, if a character has really high chance to crit, go for crit damage. If they have a low chance, but still do great damage, maybe go offense. Physical attacks usually have a higher critical chance and special attacks usually have a lower one. Other mods, leadership abilities, and many other factors have an effect as well. Plenty of players have made very detailed guilds. A quick google search can tell you more than you'd ever want to know.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: Theres a TLDR at the bottom. Also, theres math. Also, this is my intepretation solely. I am not part of EA and CG amd have as much concrete evidence as you guys.






    There are currently 6 things deciding how good a
    mod is

    1. Level
    2. Tier
    3. Dots
    4. Primary
    5. Speed Secondary
    6. Other Secondaries.

    This change affects 1. 2., 5. and 6.

    Levelling mods will now reveal a new secondary after 3 levels, until 4 secondaries are revealed. After which, it would level 1 random secondary per 3 levels.

    Dots are unchanged. The more dots, the more good stuff.

    Tier (the colour of the mod) will be changed as a result of the slicing mechanic. The slicing mechanic only works on 5 dot mods. After silicing a mod, the mod will move up 1 rung of the Tier Ladder.

    (Gray--->Green---->Blue--->Purple---->Gold)

    When slicing, 1 random secondary will be upgraded along with the slicing, to make the mods seem like they were already sliced (no i dont know by how much)


    In these assumption scenarios, i will assume that the bonus for slicing is equal to 1 3-level upgrade.


    E.G. 1
    Before: Green mod with 1 speed secondary.
    100% chance of getting 1 speed upgrade.

    After: Green mod with 1 speed secondary
    By levelling: 25% chance to get 1 speed upgrade
    By slicing: 3 chances of 25% chance to get a speed upgrade
    Percentages of no. of speed upgrades
    0-31.6%
    1-42.1%
    2-21%
    3-4.6%
    4-0.3%
    n.b. Percentages do not add up to 100% because of rounding off.

    Example 2

    purple mod with 1 speed secondary
    Before: 3 chances of 33% chance each to get 1 speed upgrade.
    Percentages
    0-29.6%
    1- 44.4%
    2-22.2
    3. 3.7%

    After: 3 chances of levelling each with 25% chance.
    1 chance of slicing with each 25% chance.

    Hold. Thats the same as in e.g. 1!

    Percentages. See e.g. 1, AFTER.



    TLDR. For all mods with a speed secondary,after the update. there is roughly a 30% chance to get nothing, 40% chance to get 1 upgrade, 20% chance to get 2 upgrades, 4% chance to get 3 and about one in 333 will get 4. Assuming my math and my intepretation is right. If its wrong, @#$/@.

    TLDR (Devs): Give me a test account so i can explain things for you. Maybe. Maybe my version is more complicated and un-understable. @#//@.

    FINAL CONCLUSION: IMHO, now all mods can get god speed, but getting speed is harder to get sometimes. Also, gold mods are completely unaffected. Gray mods might get the most out of this.

    Hold on, you seem to forget to multiply the chance of speed increase by the chance of the drop rate of the required number of salvage pieces from mods battle, you will need them for slicing, so you might want to add a few more decimal after your calculations :D
  • Sith META days are coming to an end with Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindo joining forces with Grand Master Yoda.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Another excellent update. Mod help.... so badly needed!

    The toons? Bastilla?!?! battle meditation and she has the double bladed yellow light saber, a first double bladed light sider in the game?.... cannot wait. I am gonna whale out on both toons as for once I will be ready for them!

    Bastilla has gotta be a legendary toon as she has her battle meditation and she helps in the fight against revan to turn him to the light and she is considered one of the best.

    Ehhhrrrr? Savage? Maul? Jedi guardian?

    @Vinniarth ... Savage and Guardian came after Bastila. Maul was the first on-screen account of doublebladed lightsabers, yes

  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sith META days are coming to an end with Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindo joining forces with Grand Master Yoda.


    Nope it will be Mission and Zaalbar as the new scoundrels to make the horrible new prepared mechanic the meta :)

  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Moderator
    The "ironic" part is that they start saying that mods are complicated and the solution is introducing new layers to overcomplicate things.
    See, I don't think you're looking at it the right way.

    They wanted to build up mods a bit, but they acknowledged that mods were already complicated. So they made sure they made ways to simplify mods (ie, saving modsets, recommendations, auto-fill, etc.) before updating mods with what people might view to be more complication.

    I, for one, think the amount of simplification they're attempting here is much greater than the amount of complication that they're adding with slicing, for a net positive result.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Never played KOTOR, but all the hype has me curious to buy it. Then I remember I have a four year old daughter and a grueling work schedule and ask myself,”When?!”

    *laughs* Maybe I’ll find a way. Regardless, I appreciate the pending updates — especially adding value to previously underpowered mod sets. Here’s to hoping my pile of potency and tenacity mods are a bit more useful in the near future!
Sign In or Register to comment.