Having Gold Mods at level 50

I played up to level 60, messed up ships and decided to start over. One thing I noticed during that run was that once I hit level 50, all of my Squad Arena opponents had lots of Gold Mods for their heroes, some of them level 15. How did they do that? What do I need to do now (I'm level 42) to be able to do that?

Replies

• Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    You might get 4 or 5 Gold mods with 5* quality when you unlock them at level 50.
    Most of people that you will see in arena or in GW will be "****".
  • this is about to change, but keep in mind currently all mods are gold once they hit level 12. doesn't mean they started out that way.
  • I just watched a video on mods. One thing I hadn't known is that mods turn color as you increase their level. So a 1* white mod becomes a 1* gold mod when you spend the 12.3K credits to take it to level 12. So if a player had 30 1* mods, he could spend 369K credits to take them all to gold and then all of his heroes would have gold mods.

In other words, never mind.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    That's all going to change with the upcoming mod rework so it'll be far less confusing moving forward.
  • @GuntherBovine There are a couple of ways to get five star mods. Some people will buy them with crystals. It's likely that any non-health sets you see at this point in the game are exactly that. You can also complete the five dot Health Mod challenge after you've progressed far enough through the Mod Battle table. Because the credit crunch is a very real thing at that early stage, be extra judicious around paying to level up mods that do not contain secondary attributes when you get them (so-called Gray mods or E level mods). Their secondary stats unlock at levels 3,6,9 and 12, but will be inferior to higher level mods (those that start with between 1 and 4 secondary attributes at level 1).

I actually started one account with 4 dot mods in arena as a compromise between decent stats and leveling cost. Another strategy is to just level 5 dot mods to level 12, so you can get the benefit of any secondary attributes at about 1/3 of the cost of leveling to 15.
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    He will still get few 5* Gold level mods when he unlocks them at level 50 and do few missions that he might get asked to do.
    It will take about half million credits to level them up to level 15.
  • Thanks to everyone who replied
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    If you level any mod to lvl12 it will be "gold" color. Be it white, green, blue or purple at start.

You cannot see the difference between a lvl1 gold mod and a lvl1 grey mod leveled to 12+ from the color. However the secondary stats from the lvl1 gold mod at lvl12+ will be far superior. At lower level high protection and attack power may be great - at high end you will want just speed.

You can get mods from either events, mod challenges, the mod store (very expensive) and mod packs. You will need quite some cash to level up especially 5 star mods (about 500k), lower star mods are considerably cheaper (dont remember price for 1* - but i think it was like 30k?).

Short overview:
    Grey > Green > Blue > Purple > Gold
    Grey mod - gets every 3 level a new stat and a new color
    Green mod - 1 start secondary, improves at lvl3 the secondary stat and gets a new secondary at lvl6, lvl9 and lvl12
    Blue mod - 2 start secondaries, improves at lvl3 and 6 one of the two secondary stats and gets a new seconday at lvl9 and lvl12
    Purple mod - 3 start secondaries, improves at lvl3, lvl6 and lvl9 one of the three secondary stats and gets a new secondary stat at lvl12
    Gold mod - 4 start secondaries, improves at lvl3, lvl6, lvl9 and lvl12 one of the four secondary stats, doesnt get any additional stats
    At lvl15 only the primary stat will get maxed out and the big set bonus will get unlocked (if all required mods are at lvl15)