TB: can we stop flooding the game mode with new characters?

Deadheat
78 posts Member
edited July 2018
As much as I like these new toons and their mechanics, it’s super frustrating to see all these unfarmable characters showing up in platoons for TB! Especially when you want the same unfarmable toon in 3 different platoons! I remember several TB at the beginning of the year where it was quite an easy task to get all 6 platoons filled. Now? Good luck finding 3-9 people who spent money getting a new toon to 5*, let alone spending $300 getting a new character to 7*.

Replies

• The original purpose of the platoons was to make use of the lesser used toons, but when cg realized they had a perfect cashgrab opportunity they just couldn't help themselves.
  • Deadheat
    78 posts Member
    Of course this was moved. Whatever. Looks like this has been discussed before and, of course, devs want to be greedy and keep a paywall up. This game is becoming less fun with each and every “pay us!” I find.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It has been discussed before, and it's not going to change because it's a revenue source. Just have to accept that fact and move on. Our guild has accepted that we can't fill platoons at a certain point, and we potentially get a few less stars as a result. It's just a fact of the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Deadheat
    78 posts Member
    I agree. I’ve stopped spending on this game long ago because of practices like this though. From what I can tell, it’s only going to get worse as they flood the game with KOTOR characters soon. I’m mad enough with the others issues that I’d like to quit, but the game is fun if you ignore the greedy practices. However it’s hard to ignore them when they’re literally incorporated into every facet of the game.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    CG has made a few changes to address this. Not sure if you saw the earlier versions of TB, but new characters would sometimes be needed in quantities of 10. Now they're exclusive to just a couple of platoons after the first 3 phases. At every phase you can find usually 4, but sometimes only 2 or 3, platoons that are void of P2P toons.

For example, we had the new MiFa in 3 platoons in ships. We were fortunate to have 1 at 5*, so we went 4/6. We were able to go 4/6 in the other platoons by needing 1 Nest, 1 Qi'ra, and 1 Holdo.

Once you get to 5* required toons, you shouldn't expect to go 6/6 in platoons. Aim for 4. You'll always have 2 platoons available with no "pay" to farm toons.

it annoys me too, but I accept it as a part of the challenge / revenue generating features of the game.
  • I do what I can. That's it.

Don't spend any more time or effort on it. Not farming stuff that's otherwise of no use to me nor paying for it.

That's for the silly sausages who fork out thousands for intangible characters in a game that will one day shut down. Learned my lesson in Force Collection thanks kindly, though "Konami" was a warning.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The point bonus for filling 4/6 vs 6/6 is negligible. Platoons don't have 2 b filled in order to complete all waves, it just makes it easier. Choose the squads u use wisely, gear them, mod them well, don't auto and you'd b surprised. It's not like all 6 platoons require new toons. Usually only 2/6.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    2 b filled?

Ugh. Come on man.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    2 b filled?

Ugh. Come on man.

Think of all @Poxx can achieve in the time he saves by not tapping the extra 2 keys there!

His point, and yours, are good though. 6/6 makes combats a fraction easier than 4/6, but it certainly doesn’t guarantee that people will complete the combats. It’s a shame when dropping a few combat waves is enough to cost a guild a star, but my advice to the OP is to come to peace with it and move on.
  • Deadheat
    78 posts Member
    my advice to the OP is to come to peace with it and move on.
    Will do!