Ship PVE Holotable rewards

When they relesed the new holotable in the first week or so i did farm some nodes on normal for gear and had around 30%-35% drop chance,but recently i feel like the drop chance is aroud 20% or even less.Before if i did 15 battles i would take 4-5 salvage at a minimum but now i take 1-2-3 my max was 4 salvage.And this is really sad i see the new holotable as a second light-dark side 5able but with more expencive energy same as cantina and now with a even lesser chance then the normal table.In my opinion the drop rate should be higher then is right now and maybe even higher the the normal 33% drop chance because im paying 100 cristals(double then normal energy) for 1 refresh and gain the same thing as the normal energy maybe less.. it has no logic so far.Tell me your opinion guys and maybe the devs will see this post too.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Sorta, but sorta not.

I got great drops when it started, but the sample size was small and unsustainable. Last week I got terrible drops, but, again, small sample size and unsustainable. This week it’s been high again.

We need long term, accurate tracking to make a real statement. But it feels, subjectively, like it averages out to being a little better than regular energy drop rates.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree
  • Here is what I have found so far:

% 5-E Normal
    337 Tries 337
    30.3 Stun Gun 102
    35.6 Bino's 120
    5.9 Gold 20
    5.0 Purple 17
    5.0 Blue 17
    2.4 green 8
    16.9 Reinforce 57
    4gq0btd3f53d.png

• Nicholi wrote: »
    Here is what I have found so far:

% 5-E Normal
    337 Tries 337
    30.3 Stun Gun 102
    35.6 Bino's 120
    5.9 Gold 20
    5.0 Purple 17
    5.0 Blue 17
    2.4 green 8
    16.9 Reinforce 57
    4gq0btd3f53d.png

This is very useful thanks for sharing
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    5% for omegas? That seems high compared to my returns, I must have awful luck.
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    5% for omegas? That seems high compared to my returns, I must have awful luck.

I want to agree with you I haven't gotten an omega in well over a week. So either we both have horrible luck or the simple size of 337 is just to small to get an accurate idea of what the actual drop rates are. I mean why would the Reinforcement Materials be dropping at 16.9% of the time compared to only 5.9% of the time for Omega Materials. Doesn't make any since to me.
  • I get significantly more Reinforcement mats versus omegas. I think both % listed here are high, but a 3:1 ratio (favoring reinforcement mats) seems appropriate.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    5% for omegas and 15% for reinforcements sounds right on paper. It doesn't quite feel right with what I experience, but then experiences are prone to confirmation bias.

Like, with a 5% drop rate, if I get 1 from 40 sims, I'm going to feel like the rate is way off--but, really, I'm only off by one. If sim number 41 gave me a second omega, I would be right within the expected return.

The lower the odds of an outcome, the more subjective that outcome becomes.
  • Here’s what I found: farming reinforcements mats is a waste of energy.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Today, I fought 74 fleet battles and earned one ship omega. I refreshed six times after paying a total of 900 crystals to earn a single ship omega.

1/74 is not a good drop rate. 900 crystals for a single ship omega is terrible.

However, I need 100 of them to gear up my Geonosian ships, as you cannot compete in the fleet arena without them, so the madness will continue.

I did receive two total from today’s fleet challenges. That was the bare minimum.

It’s horrible.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I did receive two total from today’s fleet challenges. That was the bare minimum.
    Eep! Don’t do your challenges before the guild event changes over!
  • I don't refresh my energy on ships because we got such low rate of farm on everything and the energy cost its double comparing with normal energy,if you compare it eith cantina the cost its the same but cantina is way more productive then ships i get much higher drop rates and you have unlimited attempts.The ship table should be the same as the normal light-dark side table or atleast keep the refresh at 100 but give us better chances.For 2 weeks i farm 4a normal and i get 2-3 salvages on a 160 energy,even if i got like 3 on 120 wich is 100 crystals i get a much better deal at the shop,the rest of the materials are much lower then that so its hard to keep track of them when you get an omega once every week...
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    342 sims of 5H Normal so far, 45 reinforcement mats and 20 ship omegas. hit rates of 13.2% and 5.8%.

For the equivalent of a 120 energy 100 crystal refresh, I get 1.5 reinforcement mats and 0.7 ship omegas.

So yeah, I have better things to spend my purps on. The ship mats package that ended a week or two ago was actually a better ROI than refreshes.
  • When RNG packs are batter then refreshes something its wrong.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Today, I fought 74 fleet battles and earned one ship omega. I refreshed six times after paying a total of 900 crystals to earn a single ship omega.

1/74 is not a good drop rate. 900 crystals for a single ship omega is terrible.

However, I need 100 of them to gear up my Geonosian ships, as you cannot compete in the fleet arena without them, so the madness will continue.

It’s horrible.

your fault for refreshing more than 3 times
  • theanswer3
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    For me I have not gotten a SINGLE gold in the first 2 battles in level 5 I have completed. I got them when I first beat it, then I have never gotten another one since then. I do 2 refreshes a day on both 5a and 5b. I do get reinforcement mats on a regular basis but absolutely 0 gold ship omega mats.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    It's just RNG ... I've had at least 60+ omegas, but I use 3 refreshes a day, these nodes are the best farms in the game right now 30% drop rate for G11/G12 gear, you should see the omegas and reinforcements as just the icing on the cake.

Specially because some of those gears you can only buy with crystals or GET Tokens which are obviously much more valuable for Wampa and Hoda
  • No idea on omegas but purple mat drop rates are terrible, I know that much.

My ships aren't at getting to level 5 ready yet.

I have about 70-80 omegas from somewhere though........I get kind of tunel visiony if I'm after something in particular.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Specially because some of those gears you can only buy with crystals or GET Tokens which are obviously much more valuable for Wampa and Hoda

I would disagree that this is obvious. I have yet to buy a single shard of either, I spend it all on gear, and I'm doing pretty well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Empiric1 wrote: »

I would disagree that this is obvious. I have yet to buy a single shard of either, I spend it all on gear, and I'm doing pretty well.

It seems like a reasonable conclusion that when Jedi Luke is released, Hermit Yoda will be a requirement for his hero's journey. That would mimic the two current Hero's Journeys. Once it's announced, you won't be able to obtain Hyoda in a reasonable timeframe unless you have 80-90k GET banked. If you're spending it on gear, you likely don't have that much saved up.

For farming, my stance is this: don't spend currency on stuff you can get somewhere easier. GET is rare, and you can't really speed it up. Don't buy standard gear with it. Since Hyoda and Wampa are (99%) only available in that store, they are the most valuable thing to purchase with GET.

Once you've got them both to 7*, then I'd recommend only buying g12 gear salvage - stuff that is very difficult to accumulate otherwise. Even then, I'm actually trying to stockpile up to 75k+ or so in anticipation of the next exclusive character to be released there.

Plus, Hyoda and Wampa are both really powerful characters who bring a lot of value to the table.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I have no stockpile, I spend it all. If one of those characters ends up needed for the next hero, I'll start farming then and I won't get the hero right away. Exactly what happened with me on CLS last year and again, I'm doing just fine.

Either that or the next hero won't require either toon, and I'll be doing better than fine.

But either way, I won't complain. I accept my choices have consequences.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH