Platoon Reqs

Dunedain
89 posts Member
edited July 2018
Is it fair to assume that most guilds will never get 6/6 platoons in all phases in TB due to trend of always including newly released p2p toons as part of the platoon reqs? Did CG or any other dev provide any explanation to justify this? :|

Replies

• Kithryn
    82 posts Member
    Yes, their answer to pay to play characters making platoons nearly impossible was that you would eventually just be able to brute force stars by deployment. They also almost always have two platoons which are always free of new and hard to get characters, so you can always achieve 2/6 platoons in any given area.

Not saying I agree with this mentality, and that it doesn’t suck to open up TB one week like this week and find 6 characters you had to spend money for suddenly reducing your TB progress... but you will slowly... just learn to never rely on platoons.

I mean they purposely release new units right before days 4-6 to increase sales of those characters, so I wouldn’t expect it to change.

Still, I too, would like them to make a change like keeping four platoons in each area free of new units so each new character doesn’t complete devistate platoons for some guilds.
  • Dunedain
    89 posts Member
    Agreed but I was just wondering if an official response was ever given by them because I'm sure this question has been asked before by others. Its poor design for players/guilds
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I doubt an official response was given because none is needed. It's obviously meant to generate revenue, either you pay or you don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dunedain
    89 posts Member
    The question is not about revenue....we all know what the end game is. The question is the design...why create 3 Levels for the Airstrike or Orbital shield etc etc but then you could never max it out and make full use of it? Oh an official response is needed lol....its a bar that is impossible to reach so why does it even exist in the first place? What's to say they just increase the GP to acquire stars in each phase as guilds GP grow?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Dunedain wrote: »
    The question is not about revenue....we all know what the end game is. The question is the design...why create 3 Levels for the Airstrike or Orbital shield etc etc but then you could never max it out and make full use of it?

Elite guilds full of whales / big spenders will be able to fill 6/6. Other guilds need some luck with the random platoons to fill 4/6 or more.

• Dunedain
    89 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Dunedain wrote: »
    The question is not about revenue....we all know what the end game is. The question is the design...why create 3 Levels for the Airstrike or Orbital shield etc etc but then you could never max it out and make full use of it?

Elite guilds full of whales / big spenders will be able to fill 6/6. Other guilds need some luck with the random platoons to fill 4/6 or more.

Sadly there is no luck with "random" platoons....The new Falcon was released in what June?....and in TB its already in Ship platoons. Like really? lol 95% of the player/guilds base can't farm that ship to 7* in a month