G11+ Ezra Sabine + ....

Red23
11 posts Member
While Phoenix may have found some role in TW, as a f2p player, who didn’t watch the Rebels cartoons, the thought of wasting any important gear (cuffs, carbs, stun guns) on boring toons, that I have know attachment to, pains me.

That being said, I’m trying to help my guild with STR and thrawn seems crucial with fracture, unresistable defense down, and potential role on akbar led teams.

Ezra has an awesome kit, and several uses, so I have no problem gearing him to G12. Sabines armor shred also can be helpful in raids, so again, might as well gear her up.

My question is this... with those characters at G11/G12 how weak could the rest of the squad be to still unlock thrawn at 7*? Let’s assume no zetas for now...

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I think you might need to gear kanan decently even if only to soak a few hits and give ezra and sabine counter attack as long as he lives.

The real problem with relying on only 2 heavily geared characters is that you are up against thrawn who can fracture them and then you have only one heavily geared character left active while the other team rips your support up.

If relying on two heavily geared characters you need to do as much damage while phoenix healing factor and counter attacks and other supports from shared uniques are active.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    For all of the more substantial events, consider G8 your floor, even with a couple exceptionally powerful units.
    Still not a he.
  • If the rest of your Phoenix are at least gear 8 you should be good as long as you have the uniques omega'd.

If you're using Sabine, choose chopper as your taunting tank at the very least for his unique, it'll keep the weaker members.

Sabine will help ezra kill stuff gooderer (that is now a word because I said so), along with her other shenanigans.

Sadly even by the time Thrawn resurfaces my Sabine will probably only be at 5 *.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Red23
    11 posts Member
    @Naraic @YaeVizsla @Hellsteeth30

Thanks for the quick responses. This was my first post ever, so pretty stoked to get some useful feedback in 5 minutes...

Unfortunately it sounds like I won’t be able to get to 7* during the upcoming thrawn event, but I’m hoping that I can unlock him and maybe get to 6* as a start, especially with some gear on chopper.

I’ll update this thread with the minimum requirements for each tier as I hit them. Thanks again all!
  • My Ezra, Hera and Chopper are at G9.

However I'll be needing about 180 MK V stun guns for Zeb and Kanan. Unless I'm very fortunate with the shard shop (nothing I'm desperate for in the GW store) and/or raids there's not much chance I can get them up to 9.

Got the speed up on them a fair bit but not enough.

Not sure if I can make 80 even in time. Never mind 82 for choppers unique which is key.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Theres a big difficulty jump between 6 star and 7 star so i would not be surprised if you get 6 star.

Also if chopper is semi developed its a good thing, his unique will heal ezra and sabine and he can taunt and remove buffs (very inportant for the deathtroopers)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I had Phoenix, outside of Zeb for palpatine last time, at literally nothing other than unlocked and level 30-40 about 6-7 weeks ago.

I decided after earning Palpatine that Thrawn would be my next target. I've done nothing (outside of gearing my arena squad with higher stuff than Phoenix needs) except pour credits, refreshes and ability mats into Phoenix. Haven't spent a dime on anything else, except 3 new mods for my FOTP and the credits for gear.

Now they're ready outside of 3 million to take Ezra, Hera and Chopper from 6*-7*. Went for broke and Omega'd all basics ( - Hera), all uniques, Hera's leader, and Ezra's 2nd special.

Cannot wait to refocus on something else after.
  • Red23
    11 posts Member
    Wow great call on the deathmarks. Those things can be brutal. At this point, I’m just hoping this mod management system is released by the event. Moving everything around by hand is brutal and it sounds like I’m gonna need all the help I can get with this skeleton crew
  • A safe recommendation to get 7* Thrawn is 3 characters at gear 9 or higher, and the other 2 (typically Zeb & Kanan due to gear difficulty) at gear 8 or higher; everybody at 180 speed or faster except Kanan, 50% potency on Zeb, and as much protection on Kanan as possible.

For the Sith raid, though, you’d essentially want them all maxed out with zetas.
  • Red23
    11 posts Member
    Stuck at 6 until next time. Was able to 6* thrawn with the following:

G11 Ezra
    G9 Sabine (6 Star)
    G8 Hera (6 Star)
    G7 chopper
    G7 Kanan

Used mods with ~60-80 Speed for each
  • Yeah, they need the gear and omegas to get through.

I had G9/10 across the board barring Zeb (not keen on blowing 100 stun guns on him) and all but two uniques omega'd.

Zebs unique did it for me in the end after many tries. Now I need never bother about him again. He certainly pulls his weight but he does enjoy his carbanti.
  • I was able to get Thrawn at 78 (obviously no omegas on their uniques) with Phoenix (minus Sabine for being a terrible farm). Ezra and Hera were G10, Chopper G9, Kanan and Zeb at G8. General health mods on everyone, Potency on Zeb.

It took several tries for sure, but was able to to get it eventually. Probably would have been even easier had I been higher level and not had to fight the huge level difference as well.

I definitely got lucky the last time. Was able to revive Kanan successfully twice, and Chopper once. Only Ezra, Hera and Zeb survived. I feel like you HAVE to get Potency mods for Zeb at the very least since you need all of his debuffs sticking.