Mythic event reward NERF - Mod downgrade & the laughable excuse for it

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited July 2018
First they make the excuse that the description is not clear, like I am sure lots of people were complaining, lol, not, then they remove the mods completely, so when they put back garbage, the garbage doesn't seem as bad because it is better than nothing. I mean come on, is anyone really "buying" this, why don't they just call it a nerf

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/174121/update-on-grand-master-yoda-mythic-event-mod-rewards#latest

As the mod is the least significant component of the rewards - NOT, complete opposite and they know dam well, a good mod is worth 4 million, according to their store....

It is unfortunately difficult to change how first time rewards are displayed in this area - HAH! ****! You are not fooling anyone with that, you don't even have to be a coder to know how ludicrous that sounds, even if it was a little tricky it is just such a poor excuse for what is really a nerf

changing only the first time rewards for Mythic tier events to a Golden Defense Data-Bus (the circle) and a Golden Critical Damage Data-Bus instead of 2 randomly shaped mods. - This is a NERF, plain and simple. Data-bus mods are the least needed, and defense mods are the WORST currently, maybe they will improve, maybe they will still be the worst, no one wants this garbage at any rate and no one uses them.

Players should receive only 2 of one type of mod from the possible list of mods and not all of the mods that were displayed as rewards for completing the Mythic - How does changing the type of mod, solve the so-called "problem" that someone will only get 2 mods instead of all the listed possibilities? Oh right, it doesn't! lol, come on, how ridiculous, no one is buying any of this.

People used to get Speed Arrows with speed primary and sometimes even having a speed secondary, and then other speed mods, crit chance with speed on it, etc, this is a NERF through and through. At the VERY least, they should have AT LEAST made it a health mod not a defense mod which no one will use! At least health mods are somewhat useful, defense are not, and they KNOW it, they admitted it in the "road ahead!" That is a slap in the face AFAIAC.

Very disappointed in this decision and the pathetic reasoning for it. They are hoping this will be all forgotten I'm sure, and will just fade away with minimum complaining. We'll I'm not forgetting, EP & GAT events coming soon and the BEST rewards from it and no longer possible.

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Been sitting on this rant for a while I see.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Speed arrows with speed primary can't have speed secondary
  • Options
    They said in the road ahead that defense will be made better. And I use a defense set (square and arrow) on my Palpatine because I have 30 speed on the arrow and 15 speed on the square, so I don’t care if it’s defense, the speed is what matters. What I’m saying is defense isn’t bad with good secondary and primary stats. Honestly I think the only good mods set right now are speed and Crit damage, the other ones give too small of a boost.
    Also, the defense circle is only first time rewards, the other mods are untouched.
  • Options
    It's 2 mods dude. It literally says right there the change is only for first time completion. You are ranting about 2 mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's 2 mods dude. It literally says right there the change is only for first time completion. You are ranting about 2 mods.

This.

The first time rewards were confusing and needed to be addressed. It was a visual issue, not a coding problem, there is very little space and it would have been hard to fit a concise message there to solve the issue. It has nothing to do with code. It is also only the first time rewards, this was actually a smooth and elegant solution. If they had had that meeting before the message it they were being pulled. They probably could have avoided making that statement.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Everything since patch 2.0 has been trash. Especially the ships
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    2 mods, yes, and those who don't think that is significant, clearly don't understand the importance of them. It is bad enough it is now data-bus only, but also making it a defense mod is just a low blow. Yes sure, if a speed 2nd happens to show up on it, we'll now be "stuck" using a mod we otherwise don't want and is not useful, great yeah

@Kyno I'll quote this bit again for you maybe you missed it: Players should receive only 2 of one type of mod from the possible list of mods and not all of the mods that were displayed as rewards for completing the Mythic - How does changing the type of mod, solve the so-called "problem" that someone will only get 2 mods instead of all the listed possibilities? Answer - it doesn't
  • Options
    BTW - the coding issue I mention was just to adjust how things are displayed, really there is no rocket science here. An example of one solution, all they had to do was come up with a generic "symbol" representing a mod, which shows you will get a mod, but the shape and other things about it are random and therefore unknown. How hard is this really?
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Also, it is not just 2 mods, it is 2 mods x 3 tiers, so SIX mods in total that are affected, PER EVENT, and we have what, 5 or so Mythic events, so we are talking about THIRTY mods here affected, this is huge, but I can understand how those who have already completed the events for the first time don't give a rat's a$$.

Again, if they would just, at the very least, change the defense mods to health mods the change (aka nerf) would have that much less of an impact.
  • Options
    So, do you want my money? Never!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    2 mods, yes, and those who don't think that is significant, clearly don't understand the importance of them. It is bad enough it is now data-bus only, but also making it a defense mod is just a low blow. Yes sure, if a speed 2nd happens to show up on it, we'll now be "stuck" using a mod we otherwise don't want and is not useful, great yeah

Kyno I'll quote this bit again for you maybe you missed it: Players should receive only 2 of one type of mod from the possible list of mods and not all of the mods that were displayed as rewards for completing the Mythic - How does changing the type of mod, solve the so-called "problem" that someone will only get 2 mods instead of all the listed possibilities? Answer - it doesn't

The problem was there was no succinct way to quote that in game. in game all you saw was a listing of 12 mods all listed as "first time rewards" <-- that is misleading, because in every other case first time rewards highlighted are what you get for completing it the first time.

The in game "rewards" tabe needs to be an accurate representation of the rewards or it can lead to issues. this does not mean that an external location has the answer.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno I'll quote this bit again for you maybe you missed it: Players should receive only 2 of one type of mod from the possible list of mods and not all of the mods that were displayed as rewards for completing the Mythic - How does changing the type of mod, solve the so-called "problem" that someone will only get 2 mods instead of all the listed possibilities? Answer - it doesn't

The problem was there was no succinct way to quote that in game. in game all you saw was a listing of 12 mods all listed as "first time rewards" <-- that is misleading, because in every other case first time rewards highlighted are what you get for completing it the first time.

The in game "rewards" tabe needs to be an accurate representation of the rewards or it can lead to issues. this does not mean that an external location has the answer.

@Kyno I'm really really not buying it, any of it. Someone decided to take away the good mods, and the best "excuse" they could come up with is what they fed us, because we all know what would happen if they announced it as the nerf that is truly is.

It is a BIG one too, this is THIRTY mods in total that are affected, where someone figured the $ amount for them is too high to give away it seems

I mean take the following image for example: xm86992f72f01.jpg

NO ONE, who is in a position to compete in a Mythic event, so in other words someone who has been around for a good while, is going to think they are getting "all those mods". LOL, it is truly laughable that is the excuse they used.

The same goes for the gear in the rewards. They are showing multiple images of gear, yet we all know we are NOT getting all of them, yet this possible "confusion" (which really isn't one any more than mods were) remains unchanged, why is that, more than just a little curious don't you think.

And again, alternative much better solutions were just as easy. At the very least, ditch the defense mod and make it a health mod. Better yet, much better actually, show TWO generic "shaped" mods, like octagon mods which we don't have, which can also be shown mulit-color if rewards can be either purple or Gold. Simple and effective and NOT a nerf, we will get two mods where shape is unknown.

The solution they did just puts anyone coming to these events that much further behind (not unlike the HSTR solution....), and it is huge, because the only difference between two G12 vaders at lvl 85 with the same ability upgrades, is the mods.

• Options
    :'(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@Kyno I'm really really not buying it, any of it. Someone decided to take away the good mods, and the best "excuse" they could come up with is what they fed us, because we all know what would happen if they announced it as the nerf that is truly is.

It is a BIG one too, this is THIRTY mods in total that are affected, where someone figured the $ amount for them is too high to give away it seems

I mean take the following image for example: xm86992f72f01.jpg

NO ONE, who is in a position to compete in a Mythic event, so in other words someone who has been around for a good while, is going to think they are getting "all those mods". LOL, it is truly laughable that is the excuse they used.

The same goes for the gear in the rewards. They are showing multiple images of gear, yet we all know we are NOT getting all of them, yet this possible "confusion" (which really isn't one any more than mods were) remains unchanged, why is that, more than just a little curious don't you think.

And again, alternative much better solutions were just as easy. At the very least, ditch the defense mod and make it a health mod. Better yet, much better actually, show TWO generic "shaped" mods, like octagon mods which we don't have, which can also be shown mulit-color if rewards can be either purple or Gold. Simple and effective and NOT a nerf, we will get two mods where shape is unknown.

The solution they did just puts anyone coming to these events that much further behind (not unlike the HSTR solution....), and it is huge, because the only difference between two G12 vaders at lvl 85 with the same ability upgrades, is the mods.

Did you see how many posts came up about that being a bug, and people saying they didnt get the rewards they are supposed to?

Also, they reduced the rewards for the first time from 2 out of a possible 12, to 2 specific ones. This is the least significant change "nerf" in the game we have seen. It's not like you had any guarantees that the mods would be any better than those 2.
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    Options
    When I see "possible" I never assume I'm getting all that stuff (last photo posted.) Possible means you have a chance of getting some of that stuff. I've been playing 3 years and have seen the possible description on lots of rewards. You can't be serious in thinking that you would get all those mods lol