J7000
2059 posts Member
Here is my 75 gallon:

IfaSEga.jpg

Replies

• Yep although now more into marine than anything else cool tank tho
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Don't have one myself, but I always like visiting city aquariums. I remember being drawn to the beluga whales in NYC when I was a kid.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yep although now more into marine than anything else cool tank tho

Thanks it's a little different now. Trying to get some fish to breed.
    Rolf wrote: »
    Don't have one myself, but I always like visiting city aquariums. I remember being drawn to the beluga whales in NYC when I was a kid.

I always loved visiting aquariums
  • That's good looking, I like the plants rather than gravel a lot.
  • I used to have a 75 gallon marine. It was very interesting. We Had to get rid of it during a remodel, as it was a lot of money and work while trying to finance and complete the project. The best part was coming back with a flashlight after a few hours of lights out. The rock is shipped directly from the Fiji islands and all sorts of crazy things crawl out after dark.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    That's good looking, I like the plants rather than gravel a lot.

Yeah it took a year to grow that carpet like that lol
    I used to have a 75 gallon marine. It was very interesting. We Had to get rid of it during a remodel, as it was a lot of money and work while trying to finance and complete the project. The best part was coming back with a flashlight after a few hours of lights out. The rock is shipped directly from the Fiji islands and all sorts of crazy things crawl out after dark.

That's one reason id like a reaf tank with live rock. All the little organisms people don't even think about
  • Tohopka
    97 posts Member
    @J7000 I have a 37 gallon tank. Pirate theme. I'll take a picture later. How did you do that carpet??? I got use to the gravel due to the salt water one i use to have.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    The carpet is made of a hemanthoius specie. Just got to give it enough light and trim it and it carpets easu
  • I have kept fish for years .although quiet new to marine it's still a learning curve all be it an expensive one
  • @J7000 really nice tank carpet. How is the tank doing now? I just got my 55g upgraded to a 75g. I also have a 29g and 20L setup with various corydoras (black corys in the 29g).
  • @Kyno Necro.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3281 posts Member
    edited February 18
    Used to have 4 or 5 tanks of varying sizes, I've had a Lion Fish, Chocolate chip ray, octopus, invertebrates (sp?), cichlids, all kinds of fresh and salt water spiecies. Lot of work but worth it. I miss them. Always wanted a reef tank but they are expensive. Basically two tanks, one is a filter.

• Nihion
    2984 posts Member
    I feel like necro is okay in off topic. I like aquariums, but don’t have my own. If looking for some cool stuff I suggest the massive aquarium in Chicago.
  • ZAP
    3121 posts Member
    Some of those Star Wars themed tanks are cool!

And lol at crying necro to Kyno for a thread like this.
  • TVF
    24355 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    I feel like necro is okay in off topic.

Depends what the rules say though, right?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ZAP
    3121 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Some threads have been allowed to be necro’d and deservedly so, such as that guys progress on his paper model project.

• Nihion
    2984 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Depends on what the rulers do with the rules though, right?
  • I just want to see some fish tanks. Forget the overlords of the forums. #anarchy.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3281 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Oh are talking about invertebrate tanks? I thought someone mentioned spineless and well..