5 top 10 HSTR finishes since update

and I’ve still yet to make a single new part. One time I was fifth, time before last, 4th. Is this what other people are seeing or am I the lone exception to gutter trash drops?

Replies

• TVF
    36528 posts Member
    am I the lone exception to gutter trash drops?

Have you seen T1-T6?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Your not alone, top 10 in 4 raids in a row and 4 partial pieces no complete pieces yet. I was under the impression it was supposed to finish one off before starting another but that was wishful thinking.

I know the 1-6 crowd is **** but the Heroic raid got nerfed just as hard with this upgrade.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    Your not alone, top 10 in 4 raids in a row and 4 partial pieces no complete pieces yet. I was under the impression it was supposed to finish one off before starting another but that was wishful thinking.

I know the 1-6 crowd is **** but the Heroic raid got nerfed just as hard with this upgrade.

1-6 didn't get nerfed. They've always been bad.
  • TVF wrote: »

Have you seen T1-T6?

No
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    and I’ve still yet to make a single new part. One time I was fifth, time before last, 4th. Is this what other people are seeing or am I the lone exception to gutter trash drops?

I've had 3 finishes in top—10 and 2 in the 11—15 range. Didn't craft a full piece yet. Didn't win a fully crafted g12+ piece yet (however, I won 2 g12 pieces so far).
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Have you seen T1-T6?

No

Be happy then.

Have you seen T1-T6?

No

Be happy then.

T1-6 aren't important. They never have been, if you look at the game in the long term the all guilds will have the heroic on farm. Happens with the rancor, HAAT and sith raid will surely follow suit. Heroic will always take precedence over the other tiers because it's what guilds will be doing forever
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    The hill is many times higher to climb for STR, and we're given no supplies for our journey. But ok.

Have you seen T1-T6?

No

Be happy then.

T1-6 aren't important. They never have been, if you look at the game in the long term the all guilds will have the heroic on farm. Happens with the rancor, HAAT and sith raid will surely follow suit. Heroic will always take precedence over the other tiers because it's what guilds will be doing forever

So the starter guilds automatically start HPit? No, they progress thru tiers to get better. And why? To get gear to progress teams.

Sith Raid does not follow this progression. Doesn't matter if "one day" many guilds have Heroic on farm, there will always be new players, new guilds.

Have you seen T1-T6?

No

Be happy then.

So the starter guilds automatically start HPit? No, they progress thru tiers to get better. And why? To get gear to progress teams.

Sith Raid does not follow this progression. Doesn't matter if "one day" many guilds have Heroic on farm, there will always be new players, new guilds.

Rewards for all non heroic tiers in all raids have been terrible. Sith raid is no different

Have you seen T1-T6?

No

Be happy then.

Rewards for all non heroic tiers in all raids have been terrible. Sith raid is no different

And yet people progressed with such "terrible" Pit and AAT rewards to get to Heroic.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Have you seen T1-T6?

No

Be happy then.

... and new players progress much faster today than new players did 2 years ago. Access to gear and characters is much easier today than back then. There are a lot more sources. Many more events. Much easier access to two heroic raids (ok, AAT wasn't even in the game two years ago). New players don't compete with the players already doing heroic STR.

It's all good.

Have you seen T1-T6?

How irrelevant.

Yeah sure, T3-T6 need to be fixed, but that doesn't mean T7 doesn't need to.

Moreover, T7 affects all. As all guilds, if they keep playing, will reach T7 once. And no one is going backwards to lower tiers.

As for OP, yeah rewards are terrible. Sadly, i wasn't fortunate enough to be in a hsith guild before the reward "fix". Bumps to see that 20-50 rank people in previous structure got full crafted pieces, whereas getting top 10 now reaps **** rewards for me.

It's only going to get worse tho. Currently, g12+ pieces are being given out in abundant numbers. You may not realise it, but with each top 10 finish, you are accumulating 50% salvage minimum for each g12+ piece. So when you *do* get a g12+ ready, they are gonna come in a heap.

And they'll probably "fix" rewards again, when more guilds become hsith, so that guilds who couldn't do it now get punished too.

The problem with current system is that it favors top rewards, and *THEN*, it has to pass an rng test. Total ****.
  • I mostly finish top 3, and have crafted 2 g12+ gears. A third is craftable if i buy the remaining cuffs and medpacs gear from shipments.

That said, finishing top 3 so far hasnt netted me a fully crafted piece. I can only be happy that i actually got matching pieces over the different raids. The gear requirement to craft is also quite ridiculous.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Seeing something similar here, while some of my guild mates have reported having crafted a piece or two already. Random rewards are random.
  • I've had a few top 30 finishes (bad raiding times) and a top 10. I already got two crafted pieces. It seems good luck then
  • We have run 5 hstr, I've finished top 10 all 5. I've nearly finished my 4th g12+ gear. 2 of which were fully crafted. Must be luck.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You should see the rewards outside the top 10....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    It’s pretty terrible for outside top 10. I feel asleep once and missed p4. I probably needed the sleep at the time more than the gear.

I haven’t really counted how many top 10 finishes I’ve had since the rework. I have four full pieces now. Two full pieces dropped in consecutive raids and I was able to craft two.
  • I've finished top 10 every raid since the changes went into effect. ~50% of the time in the top 3. Received 1 full G12+ piece and haven't received the salvage to complete any other.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I've finished top 10 every raid since the changes went into effect. ~50% of the time in the top 3. Received 1 full G12+ piece and haven't received the salvage to complete any other.

This.

Stupid rewards system. Rewarded previous 30-50 rank getters with full g12 pieces. Now low chance to get that even at top 10.

My arena mates who started farming earlier got more g12 gear because of this dumb system. Even though i rank higher now. :/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Update: My guild has been doing HSith since it was available - I haven't finished in the top 10 yet (frustratingly 2 finishes in 11th since the rework). I have, finally, enough g12+ to complete 1 piece. It's one of the "lesser" pieces (2k health, not 6k) - but it's a g12+. So a non-top 10 finisher can apparently expect one g12+ piece every 6 weeks or so...assuming decent RNG.

So, given that, I'm just curious, can I will my SWGOH account to my children so they can finish gearing up my arena team in 20 years or so?

I'll hang up and wait a week or two for my answer. TIA.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • at some point I imagine they'll move G12+ salvage into the Guild Event Store. They have to, right? right??? Oh god.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    at some point I imagine they'll move G12+ salvage into the Guild Event Store. They have to, right? right??? Oh god.

Of course. As we all know, the point of the game, from CG/EA's perspective, is to make money. At some point, everything is for sale.