Now if it wasn't for the shard shop, I'd be screaming obscenities... ALOT!

Skye
795 posts Member
Earlier today just after the refresh I just finished up my Barriss 7 Star grind, getting the very last of 100 of her shards for 7 star, had only needed 4 more today....after buying one cantina's worth of refreshes... Burned through a bunch of daily activities... and then just collected one of my Bronzium data cards.. closed the app

Three hours later... 3 starred the next cantina node after Barriss and then collected my next free Bronzium card... And you know what?!?! I pull a full Barriss character! my first 4* pull from the free Bronzium... Grrr give me back my Cantina energy!! damnit! lol

So 32 excess Barriss shards!! If this happened a month ago... I'd be kicking down EA's or CG's doors and skinning me the programmer who put the RNG in this game... lol (j/king)

So all in all yay! I can afford me 0.00125 Grevious shards! :p
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Jajajajajjajajajajajajajajja dude lmao your luck sucks big time
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    you should still be screaming obscenities. you just 7* the most useless healer that adds nothing to your damage profile and doesn't actually help in regards to stripping debuffs. sure she can heal through immunity big whoop :(

yeah that .00125 grievous shard compensation is.......epic?
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    Lokai wrote: »
    you should still be screaming obscenities. you just 7* the most useless healer that adds nothing to your damage profile and doesn't actually help in regards to stripping debuffs. sure she can heal through immunity big whoop :(

Useful for the Yoda event from what I hear along with Galactic War depth. I'm working on her myself for the Yoda event.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited March 2016

yeah that .00125 grievous shard compensation is.......epic?

Actually she's very useful in the GW.. when you have fast moving jedi on your team... with her as lead, literally every jedi on their move heals for 1,120 health per action... So on characters like Yoda, QGJ, Anakin, Aalya... Barriss actually heals a lot more than other healers. This effect is obviously worse on non jedi and/or slow team-members

but yes I don't use her for damage, I use her to make squishy characters like QGJ and Yoda survive alpha strikes!
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Jajajajajjajajajajajajajajja dude lmao your luck sucks big time
    Tell me about it.. lol

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    she's only useful for long haul type things. so yes she can be helpful in GW and yes she helped in yoda event simply because you need every heal you can get to get the best shot at a RNG win over that little troll they put in that event :)
  • Dayum son. And to think I've been crossing fingers and whispering "Barriss Barriss Barriss" on every Bronzium I've opened the past 3 weeks. :D
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    characters should be useful across more content though. I don't even count a single event, yoda event, as counting in a character usefulness....its a one time thing.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Tell you what-you can give me your Barriss, and we'll call it even?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Dayum son. And to think I've been crossing fingers and whispering "Barriss Barriss Barriss" on every Bronzium I've opened the past 3 weeks. :D
    Oh ****! That doesn't work?!?!?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Ever since i 7* Bariss this has been my greatest fear lol
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Barriss has been a huge success for me in GW. Barriss lead makes my QGJ and Lumi heal like mad passively and are less susceptable to one shots. The Barriss Lumi combo is great for keeping your A team topped off.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    characters should be useful across more content though. I don't even count a single event, yoda event, as counting in a character usefulness....its a one time thing.

You'll actually be surprised how effective Barriss is in offense in the Arena.. against a certain FOTP for example.. as with Barriss leading and having even some glass canons on her team unless that enemy team is using an assist calling character like QGJ, Aalya or Geo soldier and lucked out on calling the FOTP.. he often won't get his advantage by the time he gets to his move. But to use Barriss best, one really needs a full or close to full Jedi team...

That said.. having Barriss in your arena team is like painting a massive "attack me" on your head! but on Offense, she offers the team quite a bit of survivability against teams built on fast alpha strikes. She won't do damage like you indicated earlier... but she will more than likely help your low and moderate health teammates (especially if they are not slow) avoid being killed outright in the first few enemy turns.

The only time I recommend using Barriss in the Arena is when climbing and against certain group combinations... just make sure you swap her out on your last free attack/climb of the day though!

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    Ever since i 7* Bariss this has been my greatest fear lol

Well... how about it happening twice? :D Shard shop or not... I'd definitely be kicking EA's door down!

• Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm seriously not happy with bronze packs and social currency. I mean 900 pulls of that thing it's disappointing every single time. I thought a game was suppose to be fun, instead they send me to the whipping shed 8-9 times a day. Nobody needs as many Mk 1 pieces of gear as I got yesterday Alone from bronze packs. Your time is already limited CG, as soon as BF5 drops I'm so outta this greed fest. So why not make it a fun game instead of this bull. Not even had anything remotely good out of bronze packs in weeks, while they devs drive around in Ferraris. You know it's true.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »

You'll actually be surprised how effective Barriss is in offense in the Arena.. against a certain FOTP for example.. as with Barriss leading and having even some glass canons on her team unless that enemy team is using an assist calling character like QGJ, Aalya or Geo soldier
    The problem here is that most Arena team use at least one (if not more) of the afore mentioned. It's also worth noting that Dooku also gets a lot of play in arena, so his "Jedi stun" presents a major problem for either Barriss or Lumi. Many also run Phasma lead who can also proc additional attacks.

Honestly, I haven't seen a Barriss in the top 200 in arena on my server. That doesn't mean they don't exist - they're just tough to run and hold position. Partly because, as you say, it's like painting "attack me" to have her on your arena team. Her and Chewie.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I user her in the GW as well but only on the second half battles. Using QGJ as lead, I usually get by with just Lumi's heals until battle 6 or 7. Then I bring in Barriss to assist.