Things I'd wish I'd known when I started playing SWGOH

2Next

Replies

• my big mistake was ignoring mods when I started and when I finally decided to go after mods I was not looking for speed and getting bad mods.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I wish I had known how important zeta abilities were in arena from the beginning. For too long I put off getting the dark side ships needed to get Executrix to 5* and unlock the fleet ability challenge. And that meant most of the top 50 in my arena shard had zeta abilities before I started to farm them.
    Something I have kept in mind, though, is it’s possible to overcome most deficits with time and focus. And that has helped a lot with staying in the top 50 without spending.
  • i wish i'd known sooner that generally the best use for crystals is to buy more energy for farming. it took far too long for me to realize how valuable that is.

I think I may have just discovered this reading your comment, so instead of buying shards from crystals should get them refreshing? Farming vets at moment so don't want to waste anymore if I don't have to. Never did the maths to be honest
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I wish I would have known not to install the game.

Seriously, though, I wish I had known to be a bit more casual and not to take it so seriously.

I also wish I had known the first few days of mods would have been the most important.
  • Ren_Urso wrote: »
    i wish i'd known sooner that generally the best use for crystals is to buy more energy for farming. it took far too long for me to realize how valuable that is.

I think I may have just discovered this reading your comment, so instead of buying shards from crystals should get them refreshing? Farming vets at moment so don't want to waste anymore if I don't have to. Never did the maths to be honest

That is why I still have around 3000, I do as many refreshes as I feel like doing planning around when I know I'll get bonus crystals. That said there's no such thing as panic farming in my game, there is literally nothing in the game I need "right now". I'll maybe blow a refresh if I'm close to a full gear piece though, I've been through 300 crystals trying to get one more stun gun etc before.

GW is no longer reliable in that regard as node 12 is increasingly often unreachable (thanks Oba....Nest).
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • hardvig
    73 posts Member
    I just realised another thing:

I wish I'd known that retreating in GW lets you keep all the chars you entered into that fight with :)
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Ren_Urso wrote: »
    i wish i'd known sooner that generally the best use for crystals is to buy more energy for farming. it took far too long for me to realize how valuable that is.

With 3 refreshes a day, you can get on average 10-11 vet shards in 24 hours (120 natural regen +45 bonus + 360 refresh energy = 525 energy, 525/16 = 32.8 battles, 32.8*0.33 drop rate = 10.94). So about 30 crystals/shard. In shipments, they are 80 crystals/shard.
  • hardvig wrote: »
    I just realised another thing:

I wish I'd known that retreating in GW lets you keep all the chars you entered into that fight with :)

Good for manipulating the RNG for sure. Retreat, swap a toon or two, enter, retreat again and put back who you had before.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Wish I understood how important that time zone setting was. Would have set it to Greenland time so that I could take #1 in the arena everyday with little to no competition. Instead I’m in Central Timezone and have to compete with approximately 100x more people because CG fails to balance the arena payout hours.
  • - I collected garbage toon such as Mace and Jedi Consular (granted: their ships are important too) and kept putting valuable gear and credits into them.
    - I started my Phoenix grind a bit too late.
    - I spent millions of credits on garbage mods
    - I joined a good guild way too late and missed out on valuable gear and shards (Han Solo and General Kenobi)
    - And so on, and so on...
  • Buying Rey every time that she showed up in the Guild shop. I now have Rey at 6* & 80/100, and her ship at something like 4* & 40/65 . . . I will end up with a lot of extra Rey's from the node where you get her and her ship.
  • hardvig
    73 posts Member
    Buying Rey every time that she showed up in the Guild shop. I now have Rey at 6* & 80/100, and her ship at something like 4* & 40/65 . . . I will end up with a lot of extra Rey's from the node where you get her and her ship.

Did the same thing with Kylo Ren Unmasked :D