Defence of Dathomir Tier I

Hey guys,

I was wondering what is recommanded gear lvl and speed for tier I of this event?

Replies

• Options
    Depends on what faction you plan to use. IT doesn't need a lot of speed and can probably get by with all G8. Do you have a SWGOH.GG profile? I can take a look and advise.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    FO + Daka clears it at G8 pretty easily. Just a long battle. Keep enemy Daka stunned because if she heals everyone she actually heals the altar too, which sucks. And you can't critically hit the altar so just bring in heavy damage dealers or stacking debuff killers (Vader, Boba etc). Can't debuff the altar either so don't try.

Use your Daka to stun their Daka and heal either right before you fight the altar or right near the end of the altar portion.
  • Options
    I think what’s more important than gear level is the squad. I run Palp, sion, Baze, Chirrut, and Thrawn. You could probably get by with g8 no zetas on that team if you have it. Thrawn is good to fracture Daka, but you could also use someone to stun her. Rex is good instead of Baze (he’s there for his AOE on the altar which deals damage equal to 25% of its health, Rex does the same with his special) and really any healer instead of Chirrut works.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Don't let Daka heal. Whether it's stun, fracture or ability block. AoE works really well just like it does versus NS in Arena.

When the altar shows up hit it as hard as you can.

As much as everyone rags on her usefulness, Phasma is excellent for the altar section: grant everyone TM. Advantage is wasted but you get double the turns to attack it almost.
  • Options
    @Rebel_yell @Vendi1983 @DaPowerfulJedi but guys you are all talking about ghosts of dathomir, I asked about Mother Talzin event, Defence of Dathomir :D
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That is true. My mistake. Only because it went live today that I figured that's what you meant. Sorry!
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    As much as everyone rags on her usefulness, Phasma is excellent for the altar section: grant everyone TM. Advantage is wasted but you get double the turns to attack it almost.

Who rags on Phasma? zPhasma lead FO squad brutalizes this event. They are great.

• Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Rebel_yell @Vendi1983 @DaPowerfulJedi but guys you are all talking about ghosts of dathomir, I asked about Mother Talzin event, Defence of Dathomir :D

dag nabbit. you're right. The first time it came out I cleared it with G11 Assajj (zeta unique) and everyone else was G8. NS Acolyte was 5* at the time too. The event special is very useful and can pretty much clear it on its own. Use it liberally.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    I always forget about the event specials on the assault battles.... Ugh. And then I grumble to myself that it shouldn't be that hard.

Duh...
  • Options

Whoops, sorry!
    I think you can do it with g8 or g9, no gear on zombie required and +30 speed. Make sure to use the event ability to daze Dooku and always kill the shield droid before it gives everyone the extra protection, unless Asajj is off cooldown and she can use her special. I’ve never had trouble with either tier.
  • Options
    I soloed it with a gear 11 assaj with no zetas and bad health mods i guess. Obviously, i had others but they died before lol. It's way easier than endor escalation atleast. :v
    G8 for all should be enough. Don't gear zomb more than g2.