Worst farming node

2Next

Replies

• Options
    RNG plays tricks with your sense of reality. I farmed FOX super fast and felt like I was getting great drop rates. Then started on Aayla and haven't had nearly the luck. I have to keep reminding myself that FOX is an 8 energy node and that I was simply running more sims.

All that aside, Death Trooper was my worst. Feel like I was farming him forever across 2 different "double drop" events. On the plus side, during one of those double drop events I got an omega +1!!! Jackpot.
  • Options
    The problem with Sabine, is that there's absolutely nothing else of note as a "consolation prize".

If by some freak accident I decided to farm Holdo (I'm aware she's at least decent before anybody starts), I could get a precious MK V Stun and/or MK V detonator as a prize OR indeed as well as some Holdo shards. With Sabine I get a load of junk I have 100s of anyway as a secondary prize.

Worst. Node. Ever.

In about two years time after the global nuclear war with Germany as primary antagonist and a seven star Sabine is in my possession I shall never farm a hard node again, actually in fact I'm going to spitefully continue farming the Sabine node just to see if the RNG starts trolling me with 5 a day.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The drop rate for shards is about one in three.

That makes the odds of getting zero shards somewhere between twelve and fifteen percent.

On average, one day a week will give you nothing. But if you've ever played a d20 game significantly, you know full well stretches where you just can't roll above a three happen. That does not mean the game is not random, or that it is rigged. It's just a drought.

Humans are biologically bad at statistics, and you must be vigilant against this failing. Confirmation bias is strong. Stubbornly refuse to acknowledge how math works, and you just end up an ignorant buffoon.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Look, the topic is about worst node, an opinion topic essentially.

Observed odds, real odds etc etc doesn't matter. Confirmation bias doesn't even factor in with an opinion, there isn't OBJECTIVELY a worst node as there's no disclosed odds.

You say it's 1-3, how do know? Do you even know if it's the same across all the nodes? is there a sample size you're woring from, compiled a spreadsheet across every single node in the game? If you have, go outside after showing me your findings. For all you know there could be a slight variance in the probability, the much vaunted math(s) you speak of could be out or it's changed since you were farming her if you did.

I have the worst drop rate on this particular node, therefore in my opinion it IS the worst node for the rate of return on energy investment. Now move onto say the Scimitar node in fleet battles, I could get Scimitar shards (quite often do in fact) OR I could get ability mats which I have hundreds of or the much prized MK V stun gun. I often get one of those thrown in too.

Sabine's node is terrible as it's the very first DS node and has nothing else on offer if you don't get the shard. Thereby it's been the worst node for me.

Calling me an ignorant buffoon because your advanced probability class was better than mine won't change my opinion. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

The above wasn't a declaration of war BTW. I've just had a long day ripping into people for not doing their jobs properly, my favourite part of my job in fact. I bring my work home with me sometimes.

/rant

P.S. I saw my first TIE Advanced slot in fleet store for the first time in 3 weeks today too. I'm half tempted to open a fleet store chicanery topic.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    I agree Sabine's node is terrible but not because of drop rates:
    - because it's an early node the gear drops etc suck
    - because the rest of phoenix were so ridiculously easy to farm which makes her even more infuriating in comparison
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Darkrose_One
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have twice gone for a character shard with x20 tries in one go, only to end up with 1-shard (that is crazy bad random bits). I will NEVER EVER ever EVER do that many in one lot again. I normally do three at a time. Frankly I don't trust the random generator.

That is like rolling 20 six sided dice, and looking for 5's and 6's and only seeing one such die!
  • Options
    The vets are by far the worst. I farmed DT and had him 7* within the month. I've been farming the vets for 3 solid months now and I'm only 10 shards away from being done with them. I've used 300 crystals a day on them and now I'm clean out of crystals. Besides the vets I think Sion was the hardest farm, but I did him only in the hard nodes before he went in to ships.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    The other issue with Sabine is she's nowhere else, period. Most of the rest pop up in shops from time to time, but not her. It's the node or bust. There's no other supplement.

I'm about to give up on her again. I'm like 2 shards away from 5* at the moment and it's just a demoralizing farm.

I've gotten 0 shards countless numbers of times. Never got 5, or 4. 3's happen, but it's far from common. I'd wager my average per roll (all 5 at once) is under 1. That's just crap. It'd be easier to take if she popped up in the guild or cantina store or something (like she used to).
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Unless you're tracking your attempts, that average is a feeling, not a statistic, and humans are bad at math.

The drop rate for shards is about a third. That means the chance of getting five shards from five attempts is between half and a quarter of a percent. The chance of getting zero shards from five attempts is about thirteen percent. One of these happening repeatedly is more common than the other.

The average shard drop per day is about one and two thirds.

Farming from zero to 7* with five node attempts per day every day will take, on average, 198 days.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Farming from zero to 7* with five node attempts per day every day will take, on average, 198 days.

Wow. That's really sad. Kinda puts it into perspective @YaeVizsla Takes way too much time and life.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ