Darkside still dominating arena and Yodas, Nest are not up to par.

Hello Devs,
It feels like the game itself is anti-Lightside in general. Gamechangers hype up new toons and reworks like Yodas and Nest as being arena worthy. So far, having them at G12 and maxed zetas I and my Lightside colleagues still see a wall of EP-Thr / EP-SiTR with the Trio sith at top 30+. It sounds like the Sith/Darkside will drag on for many months to come. It's tiresome. Where is the balance in Lightside arena vs the current situation? The other example of the game being bias towards darkside is the insulting title award the lightside Hoth 45/45 stars get to call themselves. This is a Lightside battle against darkness and yet, even if the Lightside wins LS TB, the game still calls them, 'Rebel Scum'. Why? Why is the game biased towards evil and not truly balanced?

Replies

• big_bad
    97 posts Member
    Remember when everyone on the forum was complaining about the overwhelming bias towards Lightside? Pepperidge farm remembers.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    You should have been here last year, and half a year before that when Dark Side was hardly existent for the entire time in arena. Only the Maul meta was dominant for a bit. Otherwise lightside was dominant for the entire time pretty much.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    big_bad wrote: »
    Pepperidge farm remembers.

Perfect.

LS had a monopoly on this game for years.

Wiggs era
    Poe era
    Chaze era
    CLS era
    JTR era

When has the DS been dominant ? Except for Maul and Droids a long time ago and u still had to splash LS jawas...so...Maul was it until now. Let the DS reign for a while.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    My arena is mix of Treya teams, Palp teams and JTR teams with some Rex and night sisters sprinkled in... don’t see how that’s not more diverse than ever??? If I slack I slide to 50-60 and if I work hard and burn 50-100 crystals I am top 5 my Nightmare kills most others, my JTR kills Rex and my night sisters kill JTR. Pretty diverse to me.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Foxer wrote: »
    My arena is mix of Treya teams, Palp teams and JTR teams with some Rex and night sisters sprinkled in... don’t see how that’s not more diverse than ever??? If I slack I slide to 50-60 and if I work hard and burn 50-100 crystals I am top 5 my Nightmare kills most others, my JTR kills Rex and my night sisters kill JTR. Pretty diverse to me.

This, definitely. And Nest not up to par? I agree about Yodas, but Nest is beast if she's used right. Consider yourself lucky if your top 30+ is a wall of Palp, you only need a single good squad to compete.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    big_bad wrote: »
    Pepperidge farm remembers.

Perfect.

LS had a monopoly on this game for years.

Wiggs era
    Poe era
    Chaze era
    CLS era
    JTR era

When has the DS been dominant ? Except for Maul and Droids a long time ago and u still had to splash LS jawas...so...Maul was it until now. Let the DS reign for a while.

You also had the Phasma and Dooku metas. Granted, that was before faction synergies, but they were still meta.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    There was also the Nightsisters meta, brief though it may have been.

That said, Palp lead may be the meta, but it's less than half the leads still, which is better than it has been. And a lot of the other teams aren't because they're worse than Palp, but because they're less accessible.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    There's still someone here complaining loudly about the LS bias, lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Corruptor wrote: »
    Why you would play any other lead is dumb anyway besides traya.
    That's some incoherent word soup.

However, there are multiple other solid, viable leads you can run right now.

Arena viable leads right now who are not Palpatine or Traya:
    Grand Master Yoda.
    Bastila Shan.
    Jedi Training Rey
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    Mother Talzin
    Asajj Ventress
    Rex
    Darth Maul (actually does well with the triumvirate and an out-of-faction tank)
    Kylo Ren Unmasked (probably not gonna top the charts in a mature shard, but he'll do alright)

Why would you run one of these?

Because you want to run one of these, and they fare well. It's not dumb. It's a reasonable decision.
    Still not a he.