Rebel Roundup needs another tier

Ariella
219 posts Member
edited July 2018
(Please move to appropriate forum if this one isn’t it).

It’s my second time playing this event with G11 Imperial Troopers and I remain a bit disappointed by the difficulty of the top tier.
Chaze dropped like flies, Phoenix barely countered, Biggs didn’t bother regaining turnmeter, Wedge and Lando AOE’s hardly even tickled, ATF hardly even scratched and Han Solo didn’t even shoot first.
I’m sure it’s great fun for lower level players and a welcome source of shard currency for Vets. But hopefully a higher difficulty level is in the pipeline?
It would be a genuine challenge to take on realistic versions of those characters!

Replies

• CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    By default, all PvE units only use the level 1 version of their abilities and don't have Leader abilities. Sometimes we override this, but not frequently. I'm pretty sure no team currently in existence could win 8 consecutive battles if all the enemies had fully upgraded abilities with Zetas. The Phoenix encounter alone would be a nightmare. If you're looking for a challenge, try mixing up who you use. There aren't plans for any more tiers for this event at this time.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yeah, beat it with BH next time :)
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    By default, all PvE units only use the level 1 version of their abilities and don't have Leader abilities. Sometimes we override this, but not frequently. I'm pretty sure no team currently in existence could win 8 consecutive battles if all the enemies had fully upgraded abilities with Zetas. The Phoenix encounter alone would be a nightmare. If you're looking for a challenge, try mixing up who you use. There aren't plans for any more tiers for this event at this time.
    Hi there, sorry I missed your reply to this at the time but since the event has come back around again, I hate to say it but I think you've misjudged the game mechanics here.
    You've given us 2 factions with which to complete this challenge: Imperial Troopers & Bounty Hunters.
    What do they both have in common? Each faction has a method to regenerate protection.

So if I use Troopers as an example, every time an enemy is killed, Veers kindly restores protection for the team. What this looks like in reality is that my 3 Gear 11 Troopers (Veers, Starck and Snow) and 2 Gear 12 Troopers (Shore and Death) enter every single phase of the bonus round with maximum protection.

So your assertion that this is playing 8 consecutive fights with what you expect might be a battle worn team is way off. I'm going into each round with full health, full protection AND turn meter.
    It's a cake walk.
    And frankly with Bossk, it's no different for BH's.

There are significantly more challenging events - take for instance the Jedi vs. Separatists event - prior to the release of Bastila this was genuinely difficult for a lot of players, not least due to the exceptionally upgraded General Grievous round.
    But this Rebel event, which includes soooo many iconic characters, is a real let down because they don't utilise any of their most powerful skills. It upsets me that say Han Solo doesn't counter attack, because it means literally zero strategy is required - the whole thing can be auto'd. Is that really what you're aiming for here?

And while I do take your point that you don't want it to be so overpowering that it cannot be completed, crikey you do have control of their health and armour, you can make them as tanky or paper thin as you like. But buy failing to give them the full range of abilities they would ordinarily be able to access, it just lacks any real immersion and is kind of pointless as a chunk of content.

Don't get me wrong it's not the biggest issue in the world right now. I just wish you had a bit more ambition for it - and if you've learnt anything from the Sith raid, your player base WILL find a way to get the job done, no matter how hard you make the challenge!

• Its another simple event of select team, click auto, come back later.

You say we should play around with teams if its too easy. First issue with that is we want the event to be a bit of challenge. why should we make that challenge ourselves? If we get first in arena should we put one of our characters as CUP to make it harder?

Secondly how are we really supposed to mix it up? You give us Imp troopers and BH and the only options. Yes we can do half of each but thats not really mixing it up is it? Or are you saying with the BH maybe I should include my lvl 1 Aurra because there isnt much point gearing up marquee characters until I can farm them?
  • i thought you said u planning mythic tier for every assault battle...we really need it, this bonus tier can be played on auto with g11 troopers except the last round, when auto fail only like 50% times. give us more challenge and zetas and omegas!! pls...:D