Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd
51 posts Member
edited July 2018
DELETE ME
Post edited by Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd on

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    They are supposed to boost other mod stats, but speed will always be most important.... Especially for teams that use TM control and stun....
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Not the ONLY one that matters, but far and away the most important. Defense and tenacity are almost never worth modding for except for specific toons like sith trooper who doubles his own defense.
  • Although mod stat boosts would seem to be equal and opposite, typically
    Offense > defense
    Potency > tenacity
    And speed > everything

To help characters survive longer, you want to mod them with protection and health. Other than that, speed is the most important stat in the game. It can be mitigated by turn meter gain and/or removal from character abilities, but battles are often won by who can get off fracture, mass stun, mass cloak, isolate, ability block, etc. first.
  • Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    DELETE ME
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Yes, read the most recent road ahead post.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    Not the ONLY one that matters, but far and away the most important.

This.

• Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    IIRC the stats that had a percentage base were gutted after modpocalypse making speed hands down the best stat. There was a case to made for the other stats when you could stack health mods on a squishy toon like maul and make him tanky or make a toon immune to debuffs with tenacity unless the opponent countered with potency mods.

I actually enjoyed the early mods. You could create custom toons with them. The launch was rough and poorly handled though and made a lot of ppl quit because they felt everything they’d worked for raiding was pointless.
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    I think they said they were addressing the mod sets (like defense) that were not good.
  • Depends on the character and team. There are some that don’t need speed because of their kit or their team. Take first order executioner for example. Because his teammate first Order officer is supposed to be very fast, he buffs executioner and executioner doesn’t need speed.
  • Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    DELETE ME
  • Why not remove speed mods?
    Because they give whales an edge that can’t be farmed by ftp easily lol
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Speed IS the most important stat in this game. C'mon! Even LIGHTNING approves!

sgerc6ag6wcz.jpg

See?! ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Why not remove speed mods?

Kind of late for that.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Has the OP played any other turn based games? Speed is king, always has been and always will be. Even other clones to this game have similar concepts. So no, it's practically an industry standard.
  • Vthdrudgjhfgbcgvd
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    DELETE ME