Garazeb Stun

I've never seen a suggestion that Zeb be used in teams that dole out daze and expose.He has the only daze on Phoenix, but if you paired him with Resistance, Nest, Deathtrooper he could be doing a ton of stunning.

Is he just not good enough?

Replies

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Not sure but it's cool to see people using unusual mixes. The OP and overused R2d2 has a better stun function since his basic already has 80% chance or something high. And buffs the whole team. Zeb can stun but idk, need a daze or expose setup first and he doesn't buff the whole squad. Zeb can hit harder with his zeta but
  • I wonder if Rex (L), Enfys, Wampa, deathtrooper, and zeb could be a good team? Lots of stuns and daze.
  • The problem is (lack of) speed. Zeb is slow, and has no synergy with resistance mechanics, he just wouldn’t take a turn often enough to be worthwhile. Nest is natively faster, has her own defensive buff if she gets slowed/stunned, and has a high counter chance with Expose built in, so she doesn’t need the synergy to keep up.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    R2 is overused?

Have you seen the meta report?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    R2 is overused?

Have you seen the meta report?

Fail. R2 is currently the 5th most popular character of the top100 squads, according to the meta report.
    Such a bait attempt, yet failing so hard, like always.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I think one of the reasons people don't run mixed squads is because often those characters just have better synergy with other squads, with the exception of characters like Nest, who are general plug and play. So in TW, you are often splitting those toons up to their best teams, and not a lot of people like to risk things in arena.

But I think DT and Zeb could have a good schtick going there, especially with Nest. Although keep in mind that one of the things that makes Zeb great in Phoenix is that two other characters can call him specifically to assist. So maybe throw Ezra back in or Hermit Yoda. You would probably need a general purpose lead such as Rex.
  • And you need some special mods to make Zeb useful. His natural potency is 0, so in order to get anything to stick you will need at least a potency cross, ideally with a potency set, with a lot of speed attributes. One of the most infuriating toons in the game between his low potency and his ability to miss at the most inopportune times.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    This was tested on one of the live streams, might've been ahnalds i don't remember and it just didn't work.