Tweaking my Arena Team to Solo Rancor...advice!

My Arena Team is:
zPalps(L),Vader,Tarkin,Thrawn and TFP.
All are G11, Vader close to 12. All Omegas, 1 Zeta on Palps.

If I dropped Palps and ran this team:
Vader,Magma,Tarkin,Thrawn, TFP
Would it solo or would it need a Zeta on Vader’s Leader ability to do so?

Replies

• Options
    Probably need that zeta
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Needs zader for sure....
  • Options
    Thanks! And would a geared Magmatrooper help more than Palps? Even more TM reduction....
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Turn meter reduction on top of turn meter reduction.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't want to wait CLS to solo rancor then put the zeta on Vader lead. I have been running that squad without the zeta and I have been scoring 7-9m dmg until I got CLS.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.... Solo is all about manipulating tm and having good speed
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Earlier this year, some poster on these forums claimed to have soloed it with Vader lead without the zeta. It may be doable, with a slow TFP and Vader (they don't have any TM reducing abilities apart from that small chance through Vader's lead), and fast Tarkin, Magma and Thrawn. However, I wouldn't count on it without that zeta.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Earlier this year, some poster on these forums claimed to have soloed it with Vader lead without the zeta. It may be doable, with a slow TFP and Vader (they don't have any TM reducing abilities apart from that small chance through Vader's lead), and fast Tarkin, Magma and Thrawn. However, I wouldn't count on it without that zeta.

Ive only seen it with the zeta on ebb and flow to help tmr.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

But it IS possible then? The zeta on Ebb and Flow still helps the OP's arena team whereas the zeta on Vader's lead doesn't. He may want to try this then.
  • Options

But it IS possible then? The zeta on Ebb and Flow still helps the OP's arena team whereas the zeta on Vader's lead doesn't. He may want to try this then.

Maybe worth trying this first.....Ebb and Flow is my planned next Arena Zeta.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

Yeah its definitely possible. One of my shardmates did it with that team and zeta on ebb and flow. A bunch of guys in our shard went for vader for their second zeta and he was delighted to go for thrawn and be and still be able to solo.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    That's great insight, Naraic :—)
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There’s also a difference between being able to solo and being able to auto, so make sure you’re asking if the team can auto. Soloing is great but having to do it manually gets super old after 1-2 rancor’s. Back when I was first trying to auto I noticed that Tarkin never used his aoe, thus never removing tm. I wasn’t using him in an empire team though.

You can also make other mix and match teams with characters like jyn, first order Officer, bb8, first order executioner etc. The key is just tm removal. Once you have enough tm removal to keep rancor from taking a turn everything else is just gravy. First order Officer is amazing for rancor teams because he only does two things: 1) removes 50% tm and gives everyone 15% tm, 2) gives another of your tm removal characters 100% tm. Those are the only two skills he casts over and over .
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Also if you pair foo with jyn you can put just about any other 3 characters with them. Jyns truncheon strike has a 2 turn cooldown so if you get your speeds right it goes like this: jyn removes 100% tm, foo removes 50 tm, jyn attacks, foo gives jyn 100% tm, jyn removes 100% tm. Rinse and repeat.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    There’s also a difference between being able to solo and being able to auto, so make sure you’re asking if the team can auto. Soloing is great but having to do it manually gets super old after 1-2 rancor’s.

Very good point ikky. Personally i assumed reccomendations for solo are just that. The team i reccomended definitely wouldnt come close to autoing.
  • Options
    Ummm....I also recently got CLS, and am close to 7* Han.....will this be an easier route?
    My CLS is only G8, lvl 85, Omegas but no Zetas.
  • Options
    You can put cls into a zader team. I run zader, cls, tfp, thrawn, and tarkin. It can auto it in about 10 min. You probably need the zeta on vader even though most of the tmr comes from cls. It makes the dots stick and makes it much faster if nothing else. And it's only one zeta so it's worth it to be able to hit auto.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    CLS lead with zeta on IBAT, Zolo and Thrawn (no zetas) can solo the whole thing on auto.

A g11+ CLS with above average speed can solo it on auto as well (however, I would still throw in abother TM renover or two just in case.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    You can pair foo with CLS too. Gives CLS 100% tm one turn, removes 50% tm the next.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Could also throw Jyn in. She can grant CLS 100% turn meter with her AoE and then truncheon strike TM from the Rancor to herself.