Should I ditch vader in my palpateam?

electricnick260
193 posts Member
edited July 2018
Edit: I switched Vader out, now I am using Mother Talzin as I just got her to 7 stars and she's G10 for now, almost G11. My team has held way better on defense and I'm slowly crawling through the 100-150 range. Talzin has made my team less RNG dependant and much more effective against JTR teams. She has 203 speed for now. Here is a video of her performance in my lineup now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsEHwPfhDrA

I'm currently running this team in arena:
Palpatine G12 (200 speed)
Vader G12 (216 speed)
Nihilus G12 (215 speed)
Sith Trooper G11 (153 speed)
Sion G11 4* (223 speed)

This lineup does fairly well for me on offense but vader getting stunned by raid han at the start tends to be the biggest factor that ruins the match for me, I'm wondering if there's another toon that could replace him and do better in my team, so that my team isn't so reliant on vader getting to go first 100% of the time, it completely ruins me against JTR teams. I've tried thrawn and I'm not sure that the problem with my thrawn is that he's only G10 and five stars as I've completely crushed palpateams with G12 thrawn in place of vader, trooper, or sion. Any ideas?

Here's my roster:
(https://swgoh.gg/u/electricnick/collection/)
Post edited by electricnick260 on

Replies

• You're looking for someone faster than Vader? Good luck. There's only a one in five chance of the AI choosing him, plus I don't think I've ever seen raid han on a JTR team anyway. If you can't deal with some RNG you might need to find another game.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Zeta Vader's unique, problem solved.
  • kevsmart wrote: »

His zeta doesn't make him immune to stun, so this won't matter.
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »

Exactly. and it also doesn't make vader go faster than JTR teams either. Which is becoming my problem more and more every day with more G12 Rey's showing up in arena.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Turasleon wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »

No, but it protects him from Mind Trick.

Replace SiT with Thrawn if Vader getting stunned is what is keeping you from winning, he's not that great under Palp anyway. Also get more speed on that Vader.
  • You're Vader just needs better speed mods, 216 is really too slow for him. You need him closer to 230 if you want him to go first in arena.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    You're Vader just needs better speed mods, 216 is really too slow for him. You need him closer to 230 if you want him to go first in arena.

You can make him 23000 speed and han is still going to shoot first.....
  • This is the first time i've heard the phrase 'palpateam' and I love it.
    Also keep Vader, as a Raid Han user i know how important Vader is. I need to stun Vader first, meaning I cannot stun sion,palpy, or Thrawn.
  • Should you ditch Vader?

3tt1rr37of1n.png
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You can replace Vader with Traya, when you eventually get her.
  • If you replace Sith Trooper with thrawn he might be able to swap turn meter to get Vader out of stun faster. Not sure if people do that instead of fracture first, I myself am still running maul with this team, waiting for thrawn next week to replace him. I have been running into the same problem, and honestly I just try to avoid those teams. I look for palp teams with slower vaders (mines at 233), nightsisters and I can beat some rex teams. With Han teams if I have to battle them I know the entire match comes down to who Han stuns, anybody but vader and I have a chance, if its vader game over.
  • nerdballa wrote: »
    If you replace Sith Trooper with thrawn he might be able to swap turn meter to get Vader out of stun faster. Not sure if people do that instead of fracture first, I myself am still running maul with this team, waiting for thrawn next week to replace him.

I'm afraid this doesn't usually work as Vader is faster than Thrawn in most situations, so he's already out of stun and with very little TM. You can still do it but it delays you getting to Fracture, so I find it generally works out worse if I do that.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299