Darth Sidious DOTs - resistible or not?

jkray622
1636 posts Member
edited July 2018
Darth Sidious skill "Demoralizing Blows" at level 8 says:

"Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time and Expose for 2 turns. This attack inflicts two additional Damage Over Time effects on a Critical Hit."

Reading this skill description, I would assume that on a critical hit, Sidious is attempting to apply 3 DOTs and an Expose, and that all 4 are individually checked for resists.

One of my guildmates is saying that the 2 DOTs from critical hits are irresistible. This could be relevant for the Heroic Sith raid, so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows the answer. If it is irresistible, then the skill description is incorrect - but I don't want to submit a bug report unless it seems to be actually irresistible.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    It does not say that "this effect cannot be resisted" so the resist check still occurs even though his chance of applying is 100%.
  • This seems like a very easy thing to test. Try casting it in sith raid and see what happens. My guess is that its pretty unlikely, otherwise it would already be on the list of effective tactics.

Also an FYI... Bug submission is a joke, don't bother.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It does not say that "this effect cannot be resisted" so the resist check still occurs even though his chance of applying is 100%.

Yes, I know the skill doesn't say that. I acknowledged that in my original post.

Since people have told me they believe it's irresistible, I was hoping for others to chime in with actual experience/observations about the skill.

We are launching Heroic sith later today so I'll get to do some testing on my own.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Yes they are resistable.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Gets resisted almost every time in HSTR.
  • As mentioned already. . . RESISTABLE
  • I use him in P1 and as long as you apply them right after DN’s turn, they most often land.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Cool. I thought they were resistible, but I was *told* they weren't, and that the tooltip was wrong. Was just looking for additional confirmation. Thanks all.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    The only way to inflict anything in STR is immediately after the Triumverate's turn when their Tenacity is lowest. As soon as TM starts increasing you're basically toast debuff-wise.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    If I’m not mistaken, Sidious dots land before the damage is dealt so the Raid Boss would not gain the bonus Tenacity yet. (Just like Maul lands Daze first before the crit Damage is assigned). That would be why it appears to be easier for Sidious to land his dots, but they are most definitely resistable.