Suggestion to streamline old raids for players

Carrie and team,

As more content is added to the game, one of the factors that makes it hard for players to keep up (and keep playing) is the amount of time specific events. I.e. payout protection at a certain time for each arena and raids (scheduled by guilds). With the raids now we have 3 different times that we have to be online, and with the rancor you have to be online within 10 minutes of the start or you can't do any damage. One suggestion I have to mitigate that is to allow guilds to switch to individual raids once most or all members can complete the raid. Players would accrue raid points individually and they could start the raid whenever they want. Guilds could switch to this raid structure when they feel they are ready. The process could be in line with the changes you've referred to which are more evenly distributed among guild members.

This would make it so each guild could decide when to get rid of the incentive to do the best at the raid. And incentivize lower guild members to be prepared for when they have to clear it on their own.

Regardless of the method, I would appreciate a reduction in the number of exact times that I need to be online to complete everything I "need" to do each day.

Thank you for your consideration,
Phelynor

Replies

• Not going to happen, and there is a reason why you can log 8n and zero tag a raid, no one says you have to do damage in a raid.
  • Voltarc
    103 posts Member
    The new feature of allowing a sign in time for raids should partially fix this. We use to ask our clan to do 0 damage to rancor the first day (a real hassle) but we now have a 24 hour sign up so you have plenty of time to get in the raid.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

If you want to save more time in raids, you could organize within your guild and only allow the player ranking 1st after the sign—up to play the raid and solo it. If noone else does damage, then everybody attains the rank they were randomly assigned at sign up. The top ranked player can then solo the raid whenever he sees fit after everybody signed up. Over a large number of raids the top rewards will be distributed evenly among all guild members and everybody saves time. We do this in my guild to avoid havinh to raid two raids the same evening. It's a work around to save time and it works great.

I guess you could do something similar in hAAT by only allowing the top few (5 — 10) ranking players after sign up to play the raid.
  • Sounds very unnecessary and they've already implemented changes as mentioned above to mitigate time spent for older players
  • I think a better idea is to allow players to play the raid during the “join” phase but not have that damage be posted until that time period is up. It doesn’t reduce the time required to play the Rancor raid, but it does allow you to play it when it’s convenient for you.
  • That is a good idea Bulldog!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I think a better idea is to allow players to play the raid during the “join” phase but not have that damage be posted until that time period is up. It doesn’t reduce the time required to play the Rancor raid, but it does allow you to play it when it’s convenient for you.

Very nice idea for Rancor at least. Not sure if I agree for HAAT though.