Kit Reveal: Jolee Bindo

13Next

Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    But I gotta say as an update to my previous comment about the jedi faction, that I'm am stoked they fixed Bastilla and know she truly counters the sith meta. So thank you cg for showing the jedi some love! But I still want to see jolee have synergy with kenobi, dont be squirrels!
    Fix that and I'll buy like 10 of his packs right now!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    I actually understand where the devs are coming from. With GK lead, Jolee and Hoda for example

>Jolee does Eh, You do it and everyone assists including Jolee (CD is now from 3 to 2)
    >GK does his call all allies to assist attack (Eh is on 1 turn CD)

Jolee does it again on his turn and then hoda does AOE heal (1 turn CD again) and then Jolee does it again

its your entire team attacking back to back on a single toon. GMY gains 40% TM on basic so he'll be going after a mass assist here and there too

Maybe I am missing something but Eh does not seem to call a mass assist under GK lead for some reason. Bugged or doesnt count as group heal because it has a single heal first?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Yea that's awesome, so you think that is too op? It can be countered by good strategy by using daze, ability block, and many other of the plethora of abilities the sith have. Swarm attacks are to op, but nihilus can one shot any character after 4 turns, palpatine can stun the entire team, traya can isolate a single toon, and on and on...
    I didn't way in one way or another on whether it's the "right" or "balanced" call. I said it's a valid interpretation of the words and effects.

That said, with Bastila, the Jedi are on the whole winning against the Sith now.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    Maybe I am missing something but Eh does not seem to call a mass assist under GK lead for some reason. Bugged or doesnt count as group heal because it has a single heal first?
    Its not bugged. Eh doesn't call a mass assist because it doesn't guarantee a team-wide heal in all possible scenarios. Its only a team-wide heal if you enter the battle with 5 Jedi. The reason developers gave is that because you can possibly enter the battle with 4 Jedi, it won't be a team wide healing move. Because of that technicality that its not always a team healing move, they made it so that it doesn't call a mass assist at all regardless of how many Jedi you enter in battle (which is the complaint of some people in this thread that it should allow mass assist if you enter with 5 Jedi).

I'm just offering one possible explanation on why the developers decided not to allow it (balancing purposes) if they had allowed mass assist with Eh. Whatever the case may be, I'm going to give the developers the benefit of the doubt.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Its not bugged. Eh doesn't call a mass assist because it doesn't guarantee a team-wide heal in all possible scenarios. Its only a team-wide heal if you enter the battle with 5 Jedi. The reason developers gave is that because you can possibly enter the battle with 4 Jedi, it won't be a team wide healing move. Because of that technicality that its not always a team healing move, they made it so that it doesn't call a mass assist at all regardless of how many Jedi you enter in battle (which is the complaint of some people in this thread that it should allow mass assist if you enter with 5 Jedi).

I'm just offering one possible explanation on why the developers decided not to allow it (balancing purposes) if they had allowed mass assist with Eh. Whatever the case may be, I'm going to give the developers the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not giving them that benefit. That was a squirrely move to make that technicality
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Thanks. Sorry misunderstood your post because I had not read whole thread.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It is a valid complaint i believe. Sure if you enter battle with 4 jedi plus another it is okay to not call Kenobi's assist move, but if you are using a 5 jedi team it should work.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Yes I totally agree! It makes no sense why they dont want that synergy. It would be such a fun ability to use. I mean they can't say it's too op when you have the laundry list of op sith and dark side abilities. I'm all in on Bastilla now (but I would still like her to get a make over) but I along with many others are holding off on Jolee packs because of this lame detail. It really sucks too because hes one of my favorite characters
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Well, we'll have to content ourselves with a Snackbar Ezra chain gun.

Ackbar lead, Ezra, Hoda, Jolee, and either Bastila or GK. Once Ackbar is out of the picture, everyone has a move that will have Ezra attack twice. Not great, but it should be fun.

My question is, if Jolee revives Ezra under an Ackbar lead, will the assist be called before or after Ezra is revived?
    Still not a he.
  • I'd love to see him tried out in p4 of sith raid
  • Under zeta Bastila lead he has over 100% crit avoidance. Does he ever take crit damage barring advantage?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Crit chance above 100%.

If you have 110% crit chance, and the target has 100% crit avoidance, you still have 10% crit chance.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Crit chance above 100%.

If you have 110% crit chance, and the target has 100% crit avoidance, you still have 10% crit chance.

It would be 125 crit avoidance plus other crit avoidance and half of other tenacity. Does it cap at 100 or would attacker need over 125 crit chance to crit?
  • how does Jolee work in a Bastila lead Arena team?
  • Bastilla leads are becoming pretty popular in my shard. With that being said I haven't seen a single squad that uses jolee in arena. And haven't seen anybody reccomend him on youtube channels, reddit, or this forum. I personally was disappointed that they specifically made his team healing ability not work with General Kenobi. This further reduces his usefulness. I really wish they would fix him, hes one of my favorite characters.
  • "Doesn't work with General Kenobi," is a pretty strong overstatement.

Regardless, you could just as easily run Old Ben.
    Still not a he.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Bastilla leads are becoming pretty popular in my shard. With that being said I haven't seen a single squad that uses jolee in arena. And haven't seen anybody reccomend him on youtube channels, reddit, or this forum. I personally was disappointed that they specifically made his team healing ability not work with General Kenobi. This further reduces his usefulness. I really wish they would fix him, hes one of my favorite characters.

Yeah, that is basically what I thought. Doesn't make much sense though.
  • Bastila is a game changer that turns Jedi into a counter for the most popular meta team right now.

Jolee is a solid Jedi support. In a faction that has a lot of solid supports. Not much reason to bother.

We might see more of him once he's farmable. Kind of like how Amilyn is genuinely very good, but it took a long time for folks to really get a feel for her, because she didn't seem splurge-worthy or revolutionary.
    Still not a he.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Just completely guessing, but I personally think he will be god-tier on a Bastilla TW defense team. A full-team res on a team that starts every battle with a massive protection pool? Watch out. Nihilus is the solution to such things of course but there are only so many of those as he often sits on defense.

He is my next gear target and I will test him out soon.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "Doesn't work with General Kenobi," is a pretty strong overstatement.

Regardless, you could just as easily run Old Ben.

@YaeVisla: Yea it's a strong overstatement because you only quoted half of my sentence. I said the healing/swarm (from GK lead) attack doesnt work.
  • Eh, that lead's obsolete at this point anyways.
    Still not a he.
  • It wouldn't be if Jolee's ability worked the way it should.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's subject to interpretation. The Dungeon Master made their ruling for our table. Chill out and play.

Also, no, Jolee triggering Kenobi lead would not give that leadership ability a new lease on life next to GM Yoda or Bastila.
    Still not a he.