Why is Tie Fighter the new Silencer?

Ok, so I have had TF's special hit me for over 100k with no particular bonuses other than a crit (on a biggs). However, Silencer, with his whole "if this unit has advantage, deals 100% more damage" does roughly 50k to a biggs. All I am asking is ****.

Replies

• Fully maxed tie fighter under thrawn with fully maxed crit damage (+80% to imperial) does close to 100k with his special. That’s why he’s in a lot of starting lineups.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Fully maxed tie fighter under thrawn with fully maxed crit damage (+80% to imperial) does close to 100k with his special. That’s why he’s in a lot of starting lineups.

I think the point he's trying to make is why does the Silencerhe's trying to Run suck so bad when it used to be good and was nerfed...... But somehow the subject of the post is the TIE when he's tryin gto ask why his silencer sucks and is unuseable
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    The Silencer's time will come when FO gets a Capital Ship. It shouldn't b close to the hardest hitting Empire ship under an Empire lead anyways.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    The Silencer's time will come when FO gets a Capital Ship. It shouldn't b close to the hardest hitting Empire ship under an Empire lead anyways.

wat
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Both Empire ships give very very large buffs to empire star-fighters.

Hence Tie Pilot hitting as hard as he is, or Vaders Tie doing the incredible damage he can do on a basic.

With a First order ship, then Silencer and FOTP will both get their buffs and become as good. Would quite mix things up, though it is funny how little damage silencer does now compered to pre 2.0. You don't use it for dps anymore, you use his ship for the stun.
  • I also feel like the silencer needs a major rework. It opens with its special which is absolutely useless
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    My problem with it is, I just did a run and had a Tie Fighter (under Tarkin) hit one of my ships for 110K damage. That TF didn't have any buffs and the ship it hit didn't have expose, TL, etc. I looked at that ship after the fight. Gear 10 pilot. I have a gear 12 Vader running with my maxed out Tie Advanced and he NEVER hits over 100K, even with offense up. I've had tie fighters with Offense DOWN hit my ships for 70-80K damage. Meanwhile, all my attackers are hitting for less than AI run tanks. (Clone Sgt, Umbaran, Biggs, etc.) So why the heck did I gear 12 my Vader and put 5 dot mods on him to do 'non-crit' attacks for 20K, meanwhile AI tanks are hitting for 30-35K?

The problem is, the AI cheats, or is programmed to cheat and give itself better buffs, better odds, better crits, better damage. When I keep doing battles and might have 3 crit hits in a match (even under Thrawn that gives crit damage and crit chance boosts) but the AI will crit 90% of a match, there's a problem. The RNG is favoring, too much, the AI fleet we battle. I've even watched a tarkin fleet (without Tie Reaper) literally take two sets of turns (every AI ship AND the capital ship) while my whole fleet was waiting go take a turn. That shouldn't happen, but screwy stuff like that happens a lot. (I'm sure not just to me either)

That's just arena, I won't even mention the silly things done on the fleet table like letting the AI start with 100% TM and/or do 3-4 sets of attacks before you even get to do one.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Can you take a video? I don't remember running into any of those issues.

The table makes sense otherwise it would be too easy to just tear through the whole thing in one go. I've cleared everything except the last two nodes on Hard 5 and I'm just waiting until I max everything to try again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Tie Silencer is an excellent ship. I routinely hit over 100K on its special and that’s not even being a reinforcement. He’s in my starting fleet. Yes the AI is terrible and will use his special first which is a horrible waste.