I realized something sad...

I haven't seen almost anyone use characters from the new Solo movie. No Han and Chiewie, no Lando or Quira. Unfortunately the whole Marquee event structure is not working well for the community. Sure it's profitable when a whale decides to spend 350$ for a character but then again there aren't that many people who do this, especially when those characters aren't meta material.

I wish we would change the whole thing to have more characters become farmable sooner rather than this. Not only that but I would like to see characters going into stores so we can have them in 1-2 months after they become f2p instead of the usual hard node/ cantina node only which is adding another 5-6 months on top of it, to which is a ridiculous amount of time if you think about it.

With this pace the whole thing is turning into a p2p game where if you aren't buying characters you are essentially forced to never play them unless you very badly want to. Under these circumstances I don't see how I'm going to keep enjoying this game.

I want to play as Chiewie and young Han, Quira, Young Lando and L3, they've been in this game for a while now, the movie has already gotten old and I'm still unable to play with these characters because I'm not rich. It seems to me that we need to rethink a few things otherwise the game is going to keep heading down this unfortunate path...

Replies

• I like the current system it’s consistent, simple, easy to track. I don’t think of a toon as “new” when it’s released. I think of it as new when it becomes farmable. I’m glad they reward current players by making a 3* version avail to us instead of farming from scratch. Plus the mods have been nice recently.

Legendary events are great and I’m sure they’ll be back some day.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I like the current system it’s consistent, simple, easy to track. I don’t think of a toon as “new” when it’s released. I think of it as new when it becomes farmable. I’m glad they reward current players by making a 3* version avail to us instead of farming from scratch. Plus the mods have been nice recently.

I beg to differ, you only view characters as "new" when they become farmable because you've been trained to think this way. The reality is that all of these characters have been in the game for months. The movie is gotten old and we still can't play them. Even with your way of thinking single hard node farms are excessiv and take way too long
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You newbies. Back in my day CG would release amazing toons (Rex) that were ONLY available in chromium packs. Now they're giving everyone almost every character for free? Yes please!
    Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Also, no one is playing as the new Solo characters because no one cares about them. It's a movie we didn't want, and many fans boycotted Solo because of Last Jedi. We still don't have actual Chewy, or the REAL Millennium Falcon, and the new characters don't bring anything special to the table ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I want to play as Chiewie and young Han, Quira, Young Lando and L3, they've been in this game for a while now, the movie has already gotten old and I'm still unable to play with these characters because I'm not rich. It seems to me that we need to rethink a few things otherwise the game is going to keep heading down this unfortunate path...

Nothing prevents you from playing w/ them. You just have to play w/ them at 3*. You can still take them to gear XI. You can still unlock and max all their skills.

They are usable in GW, Cantina/LS/DS missions and the 1st 2 phases of TB.

It's time or money if u want the best but that's the same w/ just about anything in games...or in life for that matter.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The only sad thing I realised here is that OP totally forgot Enfys Nest is from the same movie.
    That said, I’m looking forward to eventually getting young Han to 7* to use in raids.
  • MFW some kid says a 2-month old film is "old."
    cCJYZoy.gif
    I have not even seen it yet.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    MFW some kid says a 2-month old film is "old."
    cCJYZoy.gif

Good movie. Definitely recommend seeing.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    MFW some kid says a 2-month old film is "old."
    cCJYZoy.gif

Good movie. Definitely recommend seeing.

It looked decent to me, but I will wait for the Netflix release.
  • A big problem is that you need multiple of them. So it’s lore like $1000
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I like the current system it’s consistent, simple, easy to track. I don’t think of a toon as “new” when it’s released. I think of it as new when it becomes farmable. I’m glad they reward current players by making a 3* version avail to us instead of farming from scratch. Plus the mods have been nice recently.

I beg to differ, you only view characters as "new" when they become farmable because you've been trained to think this way. The reality is that all of these characters have been in the game for months. The movie is gotten old and we still can't play them. Even with your way of thinking single hard node farms are excessiv and take way too long

Just because you can't raid with them doesn't mean you can't use them. You can still gear, level, and increase abilities (all of which are typically more important than star level). If you want to use them in more than 2 TB phases, drop 9.99.

I like that I enjoy the game without needing the latest characters. I don't like being distracted from my farms. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Unfortunately, there's more than enough 7* Nests with 270-290 speed hanging around my shard. Worst P2W character ever. At least you have to earn Traya. I understand there are ways to beat her, but honestly her kit is a bit absurd and requires 'delicate' handling. Now all we need is a jedi with daze. Oh, nevermind...
  • MFW some kid says a 2-month old film is "old."
    cCJYZoy.gif

Man I had absolutely no expectations whatsoever, as I thought the movie was unnecessary.
    But is a fun ride. I liked it better than Rogue One.
    Not every movie needs to be life changing. This movie was good enough. So bad about the boycott, this was for having sequels but now I doubt welll get one.

• Yeah those characters suck