Enough already with the marquee events.

Atlas1
1713 posts Member
edited July 2018
They’re stale and a hindrance to TB. Please come up with a new, original way to release characters.

Replies

• Amen I agree. I hate the way releases are handled now. Too much time to wait til they are f2p farmable. then they get sent to hard nodes as an extra “bleep you for not buying the over inflated ripoff packs.” Heck my guild gave up ever trying to fill platoons past phase 4 now because of this crap.
  • Why find another way to give you a 3 star character? This way works just fine.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Why find another way to give you a 3 star character? This way works just fine.

Everyone gets a 3* character. You can literally auto all missions. How boring is that? Then, like Bossk for instance, you’ve got a 6 month wait/farm before they’re maxed. There’s just no incentive to play. It feels like a chore to complete a marquee event.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    What would you suggest? They have to give them at a lower star level to incentivize packs, and marquees give a way to see how their kit works and test combos. On top of the devs saying that GW,Cantina, and arena shipments aren't getting any new additions so they can't just throw them their out the gate
  • Once in awhile you get a decent mod, that and getting a toon 3* giving you a farming jump is great IMO

What sucks, even more than the wait, is what they do afterwards, like sticking Bossk on one hard node, so now will take forever and day to get him, and that much worse if you missed the Marquee.

There is more room on Catina nodes, and what is wrong with throwing the odd one in a store, like Guild store at least? I'm still **** on what they did with Sabine, removing her from the GE store now 1 hard node. 1 hard node is just not a viable way to farm toons
  • Once in awhile you get a decent mod, that and getting a toon 3* giving you a farming jump is great IMO

What sucks, even more than the wait, is what they do afterwards, like sticking Bossk on one hard node, so now will take forever and day to get him, and that much worse if you missed the Marquee.

There is more room on Catina nodes, and what is wrong with throwing the odd one in a store, like Guild store at least? I'm still **** on what they did with Sabine, removing her from the GE store now 1 hard node. 1 hard node is just not a viable way to farm toons

Completely agreed. With a 33% drop rate it's roughly 1,000 sims to max a character or ~840 after a marquee. That's at least 6 months AFTER they drop onto a hard node which is already a few months after they drop, so you're talking a year to 7 star for an F2P player. I appreciate that this is game is a marathon rather than a sprint, but that's a hell of a slog.

However, this is clearly an active decision taken by the devs so I'm not sure what the chances of changing it are unless everyone votes with their wallet.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • So you would rather go back to year one where you got maybe 30 shards and that's it? Please, progress was so slow back then. Now that they speed it up you want to slow down progress? Spend money and stop complaining about it. Or at free and sit down. Please don't try and ruin the game for others just because your not happy.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    You can literally auto all missions. How boring is that?

Just because you can, does not mean you must. Try using a character that is not OP for the marquee, maybe you won't be so bored. I am sure there is something in your roster that isn't maxed out. Try using it. You might have some fun along the way.
  • I am fine with them doing all of these lame releases as long as we get a cool revan release. My friend said they might release a light side and dark side of revan which I think would be really cool.
  • I think you got what you said bro
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Regardless of the delivery method, new characters to the game are going to go into platoons.

The marquee events are not the issue there.
    Still not a he.