Random rewards?

Jenojo
96 posts Member
So after receiving 2 Ewok Scout shards instead of the advertised Bossk shards I contacted customer services who have informed me that shards are only a possibility not guaranteed, I know this but felt patronising. After explaining again the mix up in rewards I've been told all rewards are random and some times they can be entirely different from what's advertised. So the big question is. Why have I not received random shards before?

Replies

• First time rewards and rewards thereafter are massively different. They went through this debacle a while back with the mod rewards from some event, and now they carefully state "possible rewards" in the tab.
  • Can you provide more details? Packs? Event? It's a bit difficult to understand without knowing where these shards are coming from.
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    DS Hard node 9-B dropped 2 Ewok Scout shards instead of 2 Bossk shards when bossk was the advertised drop. It's not first time rewards and I've never known first time rewards to be different from those advertised also where else are you going to drop 2 specific shards from?
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    I didn't even get that. I'm 0-10 in 9B so far.
  • I don’t think it’s random rewards or first time rewards, I think it’s the wrong rewards. Probably a bug.
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    I know it's the wrong rewards but customer services are trying to fob me off with excuses. I wish they made them play the game so they can deal with complaints with a little bit of knowledge
  • Just tell them you do not accept their response and escalate the ticket.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Escalate the ticket as the shard drops on nodes are NOT random shards @CG_SBCrumb can you look into this too and confirm its Bossk shards and not either or?
  • Jenojo wrote: »
    DS Hard node 9-B dropped 2 Ewok Scout shards instead of 2 Bossk shards when bossk was the advertised drop. It's not first time rewards and I've never known first time rewards to be different from those advertised also where else are you going to drop 2 specific shards from?

I get it now, ewok scout used to be the character on the node, now its bossk. Screw up on their part.
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    Jenojo wrote: »

I get it now, ewok scout used to be the character on the node, now its bossk. Screw up on their part.

Yes but CS aren't listening to me on that part even with screenshots. Keep telling me that shards are a possibility and not a guarantee but if I got 2 shards of ES that means I should've got 2 of Bossk instead

Yes but CS aren't listening to me on that part even with screenshots. Keep telling me that shards are a possibility and not a guarantee but if I got 2 shards of ES that means I should've got 2 of Bossk instead

exactly, @Kyno any insight?
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    9niatgnjgu3q.png
    All good here...
  • I got 1 shard of Bossk, so WAI. Perhaps you went before a hotfix? Sorry for your issue.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I wouldn't beat my head against a wall over two shards..... It sucks, but life will go on....
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes it was before the hotfix but there was no indication about any problems when I had the client restart. I got 1 bossk shard when I did the battles after reset so from 10 battles on bossk node I got
    Ewok Scout 2 - 1 Bossk
    Yes it was before the hotfix but there was no indication about any problems when I had the client restart. I got 1 bossk shard when I did the battles after reset so from 10 battles on bossk node I got
    Ewok Scout 2 - 1 Bossk

I guess the lesson is to wait before farming the new area...
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I wouldn't beat my head against a wall over two shards..... It sucks, but life will go on....

It's not the 2 shards that bothers me so much as the way customer services have been patronising about the issue and have responded in a way that suggests they haven't actually looked at the complaint I'm making
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    Ewok Scout 2 - 1 Bossk

I guess the lesson is to wait before farming the new area...

Never been an issue before but I'll be waiting in future
    BubbaFett wrote: »

It's not the 2 shards that bothers me so much as the way customer services have been patronising about the issue and have responded in a way that suggests they haven't actually looked at the complaint I'm making

At least you got an answer, even though it's wrong. I have a 3 week old bug report with 0 responces from ea. I wonder why people keep reporting bugs here instead of there...
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Was it before the update? Cause they announced the update, but the update didnt happen for another hour or so.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Hi Jenojo,

Sorry you've got the run around. What support told you was incorrect. Send me a DM with your ally code and I'll check out what happened with your account. A handful of people tried the node right at the moment the patch went live on their server yesterday and had issues.

DS Hard Node 9-B is working correctly and will give out Bossk shards as shown.