Bastila + GMY = 400% Protection Up?

Bastila has a pretty sick kit with a GREAT leadership ability. While playing the marquee event, I noticed that Grand Master Yoda would copy & distribute the PU buff, and I’m curious about how that mechanic works.

Are allies gaining an additional 200% protection, for a WHOPPING 400%!?!? That would give GK 300,000+ protection, a little crazy.

Are allies gaining some other percentage of protection for the copied PU buff? Are they not gaining any at all? I couldn’t tell in the event, I barely even took a hit.

Clarification from the development team is kindly requested! Thanks

ugd37zny4elv.png

Replies

  • No. Read yodas ability, 30% of his max protection. He's not copying Bastillas protection up
  • If you have zeta battle meditation on GMY, it’s actually his own protection up buff being sent out
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    I’m pretty sure it’s 200% of their max health, so not nearly as dramatic, but still a lot. And I don’t think GMY does copy it, as it’s a unique buff, so just 200%. Could be wrong about that tho
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure it’s 200% of their max health, so not nearly as dramatic, but still a lot. And I don’t think GMY does copy it, as it’s a unique buff, so just 200%. Could be wrong about that tho

    Yes protection up and bonus protection in all forms scales off of health not protection
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    To add to this GMY will give himself a protection up of 30% max health but only give allies protection up of 20% max health.

    It also looks like he can't steal the legendary battle mediation or give it to others.
  • Dwinkelm
    507 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ok, got it, so it would seem that each Jedi ally in my example would have +220% protection, GMY has +230% protection, with the added protection based off each individuals max health. Cool.

    Another question though.... under Bastila’s leadership, Jedi gain +150% tenacity and +35% Damage whenever they have Protection Up, so I’m assuming this would apply not only for Bastila’s unique PU buff, but also when GMY spreads his PU buff as well, correct?
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Ok, got it, so it would seem that each Jedi ally in my example would have +220% protection, GMY has +230% protection, with the added protection based off each individuals max health. Cool.

    Another question though.... under Bastila’s leadership, Jedi gain +150% tenacity and +35% Damage whenever they have Protection Up, so I’m assuming this would apply not only for Bastila’s unique PU buff, but also when GMY spreads his PU buff as well, correct?

    Well you see she was bugged on release and only giving that via GMY type of protection up (dispel able) not via her lead protection up (not dispel able) . It was just fixed so not sure what state it will be in.
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure it’s 200% of their max health, so not nearly as dramatic, but still a lot. And I don’t think GMY does copy it, as it’s a unique buff, so just 200%. Could be wrong about that tho

    Just wait til these new mods come and face someone with 3 6e health primaries on every toon. That alone is 48% additional health.......... pretty OP.
  • scuba wrote: »
    To add to this GMY will give himself a protection up of 30% max health but only give allies protection up of 20% max health.

    It also looks like he can't steal the legendary battle mediation or give it to others.

    Why only 20%?
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    To add to this GMY will give himself a protection up of 30% max health but only give allies protection up of 20% max health.

    It also looks like he can't steal the legendary battle mediation or give it to others.

    Why only 20%?

    Because that is how the coded it.
  • scuba wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    To add to this GMY will give himself a protection up of 30% max health but only give allies protection up of 20% max health.

    It also looks like he can't steal the legendary battle mediation or give it to others.

    Why only 20%?

    Because that is how the coded it.

    WAI via poor coding or broke?

    Depends on who you ask
Sign In or Register to comment.