Old Republic tag in the ships filter...

Prev13
Ebon Hawk coming to the game? Discuss.

Replies

• Or simply that that tag was added in game and it is the same filter options whether you use the filter for chars or for ships.
  • Ewoks mean Lt Ketch?
  • 142re9cjb3dp.jpeg

Sounds like several OP ships from that era.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Or simply that that tag was added in game and it is the same filter options whether you use the filter for chars or for ships.

You don't see filters like Ewoks or Nightsisters in the ship filters though.
  • Or simply that that tag was added in game and it is the same filter options whether you use the filter for chars or for ships.

You don't see filters like Ewoks or Nightsisters in the ship filters though.

Fair point, . .so it’s still ambiguous tho, with how cg has been having issues, it’s could just be a bug :D
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Maybe Carth will command the Endar Spire and Atton will pilot the Ebon Hawk
  • Sounds like the 1st ship raid will be old republic, take down the soul forge!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Interesting. Good observation. I wonder if a capital ship is on the way, and if that means another darkside capital ship would be too. Would love to get a first order capital ship.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Good catch! Star forge raid? Can be fun... I think, unless they do they same rewards as in STR
  • Star Forge Raid would have a ship phase and some character phases. Maybe Darth Malak shards too
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Yay, we just had to gear 3 completely useless characters (geos) to be good at fleet, its time to get some new op ships..
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Yay, we just had to gear 3 completely useless characters (geos) to be good at fleet, its time to get some new op ships..

Other than sun fac, I'm not using any geo's. So we "had" to gear 3 chars is quite an exaggeration. (I love fighting 3 geo fleets though, one of the easier fights).
  • I have no intentions on gearing the geo's. Eff them. I'm sticking to my big 4 (vader, biggs, tfp and fotp)
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »

Other than sun fac, I'm not using any geo's. So we "had" to gear 3 chars is quite an exaggeration. (I love fighting 3 geo fleets though, one of the easier fights).

Well, the geos easily destroy the meta, if equipped at the same level. It makes sense to get them... Well, at least they did until this hint.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Is HK-47 getting the "Old Republic" tag? He doesn't have it, but seems like he should.
  • Nihilus should Get the Ravager capital ship
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Nihilus should Get the Ravager capital ship

I 100% agree with this.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb Is HK-47 getting the "Old Republic" tag? He doesn't have it, but seems like he should.
    They answered it on the official forums:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8yb7d5/dont_you_think_visas_marr_sith_assassin_and_sith/e29rm44/

wish they answered stuff here instead of there
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Joke of a reason... Even more if T3 comes with a old republic tag.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you look at it from a game-design standpoint, Jolee needed the jedi tag for synergy with Jedi.

As for the Old Republic tag, I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish there. As a fan, I would think of the tag as referring to the toons from that era and thus HK and others should have the tag added. I'm sure there is some sort of method to having this tag for certain toons and it is definitely not due to their litmus test. If their litmus test was true, Jolee wouldn't have the Jedi tag as many pointed out.

Honestly if Jolee is listed as Jedi, so should Fulcrum Asoka. But there are game mechanics that would probably be negatively impacted so again I think the reasoning for tags is more what makes sense for CG/EA when coding the game and not what may entirely make sense in the Star Wars universe. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I would much rather have better game mechanics and sacrifice a tag on a toon than have a toon assigned a tag that causes game breaking, unintended synergy.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Strubz wrote: »
    If you look at it from a game-design standpoint, Jolee needed the jedi tag for synergy with Jedi.

As for the Old Republic tag, I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish there. As a fan, I would think of the tag as referring to the toons from that era and thus HK and others should have the tag added. I'm sure there is some sort of method to having this tag for certain toons and it is definitely not due to their litmus test. If their litmus test was true, Jolee wouldn't have the Jedi tag as many pointed out.

Honestly if Jolee is listed as Jedi, so should Fulcrum Asoka. But there are game mechanics that would probably be negatively impacted so again I think the reasoning for tags is more what makes sense for CG/EA when coding the game and not what may entirely make sense in the Star Wars universe. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I would much rather have better game mechanics and sacrifice a tag on a toon than have a toon assigned a tag that causes game breaking, unintended synergy.
    In Jolee's case, they could have made it so his kit wasn't super reliant on Jedi team since he doesn't fit the Jedi tag. They could've prevented a game mechanics / tag conflict in his case, specifically.
  • KKatarn wrote: »

It's an even bigger joke of a reason since Jolee was living on Kasshyyyk for 10 years and was most definitely NOT a part of the Old Republic.

By their logic, the only people in the entire KOTOR duology that would get the tag would be Carth and Bastilla
  • Sith assassin is getting a ship... So I guess we can start there?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »

It's an even bigger joke of a reason since Jolee was living on Kasshyyyk for 10 years and was most definitely NOT a part of the Old Republic.

By their logic, the only people in the entire KOTOR duology that would get the tag would be Carth and Bastilla

Yeah they seem to "forget" their own logic quite often when it comes to tags.
  • Exar1977 wrote: »
    Sounds like the 1st ship raid will be old republic, take down the soul forge!

Star Forge. Not Soul forge.

Awesome idea for a ship raid though. Makes more sense than a Trench Run on the Death star raid which honestly sounds boring. What would P4 be? Continously attacking the exhaust port? Lol.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Sith Assassin is getting a ship
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Exar1977 wrote: »

Awesome idea for a ship raid though. Makes more sense than a Trench Run on the Death star raid which honestly sounds boring. What would P4 be? Continously attacking the exhaust port? Lol.

I agree. Maybe a joint ops raid, where the first part is the space battle outside, the second and third parts are within the star forge, and then the last part is facing Darth Malak
  • Exar1977 wrote: »

We all would be repeating, "Negative.... it didn't go in."
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Sith Assassin is getting a ship

Yeah I saw that, 3 ship trio in fleet could be cool.It doesn't help the case of the Old Republic in Ships so there must be more coming (I hope) and if so i can't wait
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Sith Assassin is getting a ship

Yeah, a ship that only ever existed 300 years before Sith Assassin did. I guess we can expect Sion to be the pilot if they ever release a TIE Interceptor. The Sith Assassin in game is from The Old Republic MMO which takes place three centuries after the Star Forge was destroyed and belongs to a faction of Sith that had nothing to do with Darth Malak or Darth Revan. The Sith Assassins from KOTOR 2 didn’t even use lightsabers. They used vibroblades. And they also never appeared in the original KOTOR. They were affiliated with Sion and the Triumvirate, not Malak or Revan.
This discussion has been closed.