Should you get more shards when you buy data card packs?

Winterfox53
20 posts Member
edited July 2018
When you buy an expensive pack in the data card store, I think it's unfair that you could spend over a thousand crystals and only get five shards. I know, we shouldn't get 330 every time, but I think the 5 and 7 option should be taken out. What do you guys think? I would really like this to change.

Should you get more shards when you buy data card packs? 15 votes

Keep data card packs the same
6% 1 vote
Take out the 5 and 7 option
93% 14 votes

Replies

• TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    I'd just rather see the top quarter of results have a semi reasonable drop chance. When people 7 star marquee characters, they should at least see a 50 or 80 shard option here or there. I would actually consider buying these packs if I though there was a reasonable chance to see the higher shard options.

Or maybe some kind of balance out factor. If you get the low shard count you also get credits or gear. but 500+ crystals for 5-12 shards just isn't worth it to ever purchase.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    It's called "gambling" - and there's a reason CG/EA has never told anyone the odds. It's the same reason I have never wasted crystals on 1299 packs, unless I'm planning on buying 2-3 vaults.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Winterfox53
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I literally tried the 1200 one for Bastila three times and I got 5, 7, 7. I paid money to buy the crystals for the packs. It's the first time I've done that and probably the last because I'm not wasting my money for 5 shards. At this rate, I'll just wait til she's farmable. It shouldn't to be too easy, but removing the 5 and 7 option would draw more people into buying these big packs.
  • I have to agree with all posts here, it smells like a rip off, feels like a rip off, so it must be a rip off? I mean seriously, EA acts like it is real GOLD it is having to part with so it will only sprinkle crumbs for us suckers!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I literally tried the 1200 one for Bastila three times and I got 5, 7, 7. I paid money to buy the crystals for the packs. It's the first time I've done that and probably the last because I'm not wasting my money for 5 shards. At this rate, I'll just wait til she's farmable. It shouldn't to be too easy, but removing the 5 and 7 option would draw more people into buying these big packs.
    The generally agreed upon average for packs is 7 shards.

If you really want to spend money on a toon, but don't want to blow hundreds, just do the cash pack to get a guaranteed 4th star and stop there.
    Still not a he.