Are you excited about Episode IX?

Prev13
GoGoChimp
posts Member
edited July 2018
There's a lot of anger from fan about how Lucasfilm has handled criticism for The Last Jedi.

Are you still excited about Episode IX as you were before the release of Episode VIII?

Flamebait video removed. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Moved to off topic.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    GoGoChimp wrote: »
    Are you still excited about Episode IX as you were before the release of Episode VIII?

Yes. Absolutely yes. There's no question about it. While I will say that there were parts of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi that I disliked (i.e. who are Rey's parents?, who is Snoke?, what's the deal with the connection between Kylo and Rey, and what does it mean?, the "direction" they chose for Han Solo, will Kylo come back to the light side?, is Luke still alive?, is Snoke alive?, etc.) there were a lot of parts that I loved. And I believe that any TRUE Star Wars fan will be just as excited for the release of Episode IX as they were for Episode VII and VIII. And if you're like me at all, maybe even more excited for it. I'm also eager to see how Episode IX will tie everything together and possibly make us realize what it all meant by potentially adding the last few pieces to the apparent puzzle we currently have. And besides, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. So I'm definitely looking forward to it! :wink:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    No not at all.

Which sucks cause I was crazy excited for Ep8, booked tickets for midnight showing and weekend showing the whole lot. IMAX and all, ep9 will be like solo for me. I'll see it when I see it
  • I took off work to see ep8. I won’t be taking off to see ep9. Honestly couldn’t care less what happens. Ready for something new.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I am extremely skeptical. I’m more excited for it than I was for Solo, but that’s not saying much. I personally liked what TLJ did with Snoke and Rey’s parentage, but the ending was too cut and dry for me and doesn’t set up ep 9 in any interesting way.
  • I understand the criticisms for ep8, but those things didn't bother me so I loved it. Kylo has become one of my favorite characters in Star Wars and I can't wait to see how his character arc finishes. For me, Star Wars doesn't have to be the best "movie" to be enjoyable. I am a man of simple interests and Star Wars is one of them, so yes I am very excited.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Not exited at all.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    Not exited at all.

I probably won’t exit the theater either even if it’s terrible
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    Not exited at all.

I probably won’t exit the theater either even if it’s terrible

I've decided not to go see it. Won't buy Last Jedi DVD either.

I gave Solo a chance just because I like Ron Howard. It was a decent movie. No real complaints. But Last Jedi was just so bad I can't get excited for ep9 at all.
  • Not really excited, curious to how it all ends, but not excited...
  • Nope, TLJ killed any hype I had.
  • Not excited, that way I cannot be disappointed.

You would be surprised...
  • The only interest I have in it is how J.J. is going to write his way out of all the nonsense our roundheaded friend left behind.

That and the fan divide is always fun to watch happen too. Love a good civil war.

It'll likely be a watchable, maybe enjoyable film as that's what J.J. does best. Decidedly average films.

Rey will likely destroy the galaxy as well as the First Order with her immense intuitive power. Luke's force ghost will likely come in as a cameo alongside Anakin, Yoda and Obi-wan in the first quadruple facepalm committed to film.

Not excited at all.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    I'm considerably skeptical about the direction of the series since Disney has taken over, and I'm sympathetic to many (perhaps most) of the criticisms of recent films. However, I just cannot help myself from being excited for every new star wars trilogy release. Even when I don't absolutely love the film, as was the case with TFA, I still have a good time in the theater, and really that's the whole point anyway. My excitement does not extend to the stand alone films though. I want to like them, but even when I do the feel is just not the same. I think that Rouge One was a better movie than TFA, but despite that I have much fonder memories of watching TFA and honestly that's also the one I'd rather rewatch a third time.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    big_bad wrote: »
    I'm considerably skeptical about the direction of the series since Disney has taken over, and I'm sympathetic to many (perhaps most) of the criticisms of recent films. However, I just cannot help myself from being excited for every new star wars trilogy release. Even when I don't absolutely love the film, as was the case with TFA, I still have a good time in the theater, and really that's the whole point anyway. My excitement does not extend to the stand alone films though. I want to like them, but even when I do the feel is just not the same. I think that Rouge One was a better movie than TFA, but despite that I have much fonder memories of watching TFA and honestly that's also the one I'd rather rewatch a third time.

Agreed. For all of its faults, I can neither forget or ignore the experience I had watching TFA for the first time.

Hush, I am in denial
  • NO. Massive fan went to see every film on first day since the OT remastered versions (wasnt born when first came out) read nearly all the EU books. Had most of the video games bought toys.

I still havent seen solo and will not watch episode 9. I have no will at all to spoil my experience of star wars further.
    I think I'd be more excited to see a Jar Jar stand alone movie.

Last SW movie was Return of the Jedi as far as I'm concerned.

Hush, I am in denial

Search your feelings, you know this to be true.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Not excited, that way I cannot be disappointed.

Hush, I am in denial

Search your feelings, you know this to be true.

Noooooooo! :open_mouth: lol :lol:;)
  • No not at all.

Which sucks cause I was crazy excited for Ep8, booked tickets for midnight showing and weekend showing the whole lot. IMAX and all, ep9 will be like solo for me. I'll see it when I see it

TV
  • Almost as excited as I was when Mulan II was released straight to DVD, which is what they should do with Ep 9. There is nothing interesting going on in this series. JJ set up a few intriguing subplots, Rian ignored them and literally razed the entire story to the ground, and now there is nothing of interest. Just a few fools flying around in an antique YT-1300 with a new captain that can do anything and a dead general.

Hey, 'member when Kylo first tried to mind meld with Rey and discovered something that made him say, "It's you?" 'Member that? I do. Rian doesn't. What was that all about? Rian does not care. I did.

'Member how Rey's entire character was built on waiting for her missing parents to return? They made a great big deal about her getting abandoned there and how she was waiting for them to come back. Her parentage must have had significance. Or not, according to Rian. Just dismissed it offhand.

'Member the lightsaber vision? What was the significance there? There were familiar places in there; why would Rey be seeing them? Eh, Rian just says "toss that, nobody cares" and dismissed it.

Like he dismissed everything. Kill the past, nobody cares about that, he said. Yeah? Well without the past to build on, there is nothing to care about in the future either.

Sorry, this is just a long way to say: No, I am not excited about Ep 9.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    'Member the lightsaber vision? What was the significance there? There were familiar places in there; why would Rey be seeing them? Eh, Rian just says "toss that, nobody cares" and dismissed it.

Fun theroy to muse over .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztjRZSKQxok

• Hmmmmm ... well I can accept a bunch of that except for sentient kyber crystals. If this theory about the vision is right, then it is the sort of thing that should have been explained to padawan Rey by Grand Master Luke in Ep. 8 so that the audience could also understand why it was in Ep 7 to begin with. It would have been a great relationship-building exchange.
  • Hmmmmm ... well I can accept a bunch of that except for sentient kyber crystals. If this theory about the vision is right, then it is the sort of thing that should have been explained to padawan Rey by Grand Master Luke in Ep. 8 so that the audience could also understand why it was in Ep 7 to begin with. It would have been a great relationship-building exchange.

Personally E8 feels like it should be E9, and that we never got E8.

Yeah, RJ isn't big on exposition.
  • I'm looking forward to it.
  • Very excited. I don't even care if its as bad as Last Jedi, its a new star wars movie and i'm here for it.

Hopefully its a great movie, but that remains to be seen. But i'm hopeful.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Very excited. I don't even care if its as bad as Last Jedi, its a new star wars movie and i'm here for it.

Hopefully its a great movie, but that remains to be seen. But i'm hopeful.

Exactly! Thank you! So there ARE more positive people out there like me! lol :smiley: For a while I thought I was literally the ONLY one excited about Episode IX there. It is a Star Wars movie at least for goodness sake. You all had me there for a second. ;) Phew! Thank God I was wrong. :sweat_smile: LOL