Challenge gold eyeball deficit

Need more challenge eyeballs. Will not spend $$$ for challenge gear (this coming from big time whale with 7star bastillas)

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    If you weren't whaling out so much, you would have hundreds of eyeballs like the rest of us..... You paid for everything else..... What do you expect? A complimentary eyeball email to your inbox?....
  • Not a problem just for whales. Even F2P and low spenders are facing the same issue.

Ps. Nice Bastila but where is Traya on your roster?

• Challenge eyeballs please.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Wth..... +2k eyeballs left.....
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Not a problem just for whales. Even F2P and low spenders are facing the same issue.
    Strange but true. I'm a completely free-to-play player and just recently ran out of challenge gold eyeball pieces. Been using a lot of them via spending crystals earned from finishing at the top of arena in shipments.

And it was only after running out of them that I noticed that you only get 3-4 per sim of the challenge. Meaning 15-20 per challenge day, when you need 60 per eyeball. That's worse than carbantis. And you can't even request them as a donation from your guildmates. The fact that we all build such an excess of them speaks to how slow it is to gather the non-challenge half of that gear piece any other way. But for those of us that do run out of them, wow, they suddenly look like a huge roadblock.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Running out of the salvage or prototype? I never have enough salvage, but constantly sit on thousands of prototypes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    MK6 medpac x 100000000
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    I have 2k surplus of the challenge one, but I’m constantly running low on the secondary component to make the gold eyeballs though.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Athusk wrote: »
    I have 2k surplus of the challenge one, but I’m constantly running low on the secondary component to make the gold eyeballs though.

Yeah, I feel like I’m misunderstanding the original question—maybe they’re saying add the salvage bits into challenges.
  • It’s only a problem for people who started playing more recently
  • Day 1 players built up a horde of them cuz they were never being used
  • But it’s a problem nonetheless even if it only affects the newer subset of players.
  • It affects all players, not just newer ones, even day one ish players will run out of the challenge piece,
  • It’s only a problem for people who started playing more recently

Not true at all. I’ve been playing since a few months after release and I’ve run out.
  • Ok fine so then more of a reason for them to increase them
  • Pretty sure it’s that way on purpose to get you to buy them. You either wait or spend.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you buy the prototypes in shipments for crystals than you can/will run out of salvage.
    If you don't buy the prototypes in shipments for crystals than you will likely not run out of salvage.

Yes ftp can buy the prototypes from shipments. It takes free crystals same as paid crystals.
  • But who wants to buy something they get for free? I want to spend money on things that are exclusive. Buying something like a challenge eyeball just feels like a bad deal. I don’t feel good after I do it.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    But who wants to buy something they get for free? I want to spend money on things that are exclusive. Buying something like a challenge eyeball just feels like a bad deal. I don’t feel good after I do it.

Well I don't feel good waiting months for the opportunity to start farming Bastilla from a single hard node over the subsequent 6 months. But I accept it. Maybe just pony up, and buy what you need.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    But who wants to buy something they get for free? I want to spend money on things that are exclusive. Buying something like a challenge eyeball just feels like a bad deal. I don’t feel good after I do it.
    He wasn't saying people buy the challenge gear part of it. He was saying they buy the other half, the one that's otherwise hard to come by, but in shipments you can grab 25 of them for only 375 crystals, which is one of the better deals in shipments.

It's when you do that a lot that you actually get enough of those pieces to run out of the challenge gear.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Day 1 players built up a horde of them cuz they were never being used
    Well, Day 365 players, more like. Gear 11 is relatively new, and we didn't start getting gold stuff until it came out. I want to say that was a year ago, but it's hard to remember sometimes.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

Well I don't feel good waiting months for the opportunity to start farming Bastilla from a single hard node over the subsequent 6 months. But I accept it. Maybe just pony up, and buy what you need.

You picked the wrong game to play if you don't feel like waiting. This game is based off of patience. Once you pay to play you offset the original game play. Advancing in one area will cause other areas to advance even if you don't want them too. I personally took a year and saved up tons of stuff plus over 100 mil credits just so I'd feel better upgrading at times lol. My point is, waiting has to happen no matter if you like it or not. Only other option is to slap some real cash down on the table.

• I asked this in a different thread but.

Seems like it's the newer players or super whales that are running into this problem.

I have thousands of challenge ones, have been playing since launch and buy the 375 crystals / 25 balls every time I see them.

If it's a super whale / newer players issue I don't think it's a problem
  • Do a lower Sith Raid Tier like 4 or 5. It is known for dropping only challenge gear.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I asked this in a different thread but.

Seems like it's the newer players or super whales that are running into this problem.

I have thousands of challenge ones, have been playing since launch and buy the 375 crystals / 25 balls every time I see them.

If it's a super whale / newer players issue I don't think it's a problem

Well, it’s not a problem, but it does affect more people than you think. I use crystals exclusively for refreshing energy and buying the salvage gold eyeballs for 375 per 25. I’ve run out of the challenge gear twice. I’ve spent $200 on the game.

My point of it not being a problem is that the game designs gear to slow down max gearing a ton of toons all at once in an attempt to create arena and TW parity. It’s a design feature. Annoying, but not really a “problem” per se. Run into enough characters that require 3 to get to G12 and you’ll run out of the challenge gear real quick.