Is RNG odd?

DarkLasombra
4 posts Member
edited July 2018
I am running a GW battle and my first attack is dodged in this one battle every single time. I have reset it 15 times and the first attack, no matter who is targeted is getting dodged. 15 times in a row. How is this possible and why does it happen no matter who I am targeting? Is this normal?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    in GW if you restart the battle and perform the same moves as last run the RNG will repeat itself

Try re-arranging your team or sub in one toon for another
  • Options
    Jeez, seems a bit shady to have guaranteed misses in there not dependent on stats or RNG. Thanks for the answer.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    in GW if you restart the battle and perform the same moves as last run the RNG will repeat itself

Try re-arranging your team or sub in one toon for another

This.
    If you think you can't beat your opponent ... Just mix up your team and retry until you make it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Jeez, seems a bit shady to have guaranteed misses in there not dependent on stats or RNG. Thanks for the answer.

I’m pretty sure this has been around since the game debuted. They know you can reset it, so the computer plays it out the same way. So yes, that miss will be guaranteed. Or otherwise you could reset anytime something RNG related went wrong, play it the same way, get lucky and win.
  • Options
    GW is scripted, same things will happen if you keep doing the same thing. You can change it if you swap characters or do basic instead of ability.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

The first time it may have been RNG, but then saved and repeated. Shady? Makes it easier to predict the results of your moves and hence to beat your opponent. Regard it as a help.