Jolee is budget hoda?

Now before you say Hoda is farmable while jolee takes a lot of money jolee's kit kinda looks like he can be used instead of Hoda for those who don't have him am I right or do they have different uses

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I think he is the only Character in the game with a full-team rez (I don't think Daka can rez 5?). "Eh, You do it" is also the single best ability name AND animation in the game. ;)

Id say he is in a category all of his own. He is going to be nasty nasty nasty on a maxed Jedi defensive team in TW.

Kanan is going to be a contender Jedi tank with the Bastilla pre-taunt, 2 turn taunt, counters, offense down, self healing, 150% tenacity and Jolee's rez. He might be better than GK on this team.
  • Options
    Yeah your right but isn't old Ben better than kanan
  • Options

Just about everyone is better than Kanan, he is a poor man's _______. Sure, he'll work in a pinch, but there is no comparison to other choices which is why no one anywhere is using him
  • Options
    I've looked at Jolee but it seems like without the zeta he's gonna suck.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Just about everyone is better than Kanan, he is a poor man's _______. Sure, he'll work in a pinch, but there is no comparison to other choices which is why no one anywhere is using him

All true, but with a pre-taunt and his own self healing and counters he may have some new life.

Now, Zeta Old Ben with a pre-taunt - that may be promising too.

I dont know why but GK had never impressed me. I actually target teams that have him. I can't even bring myself to gear him given all of the Carbantis he eats and his limited utility. Maybe Im just missing something.
  • Options
    He's mostly used for the mass cleanse and mass assist but traya shuts him down with isolation and is completely useless after that
  • Options
    I do like his mass rez
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    All 3 have terrible damage, GK, Ben, Kanan, but the first two are definitely more useful and in top 25 Arena teams in all the shards, while Kanan is not. His kit is decent enough on paper, it just isn't as good as others in use
  • Options
    He's mostly used for the mass cleanse and mass assist but traya shuts him down with isolation and is completely useless after that

Well, a lot of toons are lol. Same as when Thrawn fractures.

• Options
    We're off topic now though. I am considering Jolee for exactly this purpose, a possible stand-in for Hoda. He does not replace him by any stretch, again the mass assist is crucial there (as well as other aspects), but he might make up for it with rez all dead Jedi, and lots of other healing, at least, on a budget.
  • Options
    I feel like they will make him semi easy to farm because there is a better replacementhan for him but we can never know
  • Options
    I am farming hoda and gearing him up, but jolee is gonna sit in the corner for a while... If you do well in TB you can easily get him to 7* and use him in a Bastila lead squad
  • Options

He is. A lot better.
  • Options
    So what would be optimal team comp without Hoda then?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really see JB's kit as being anything like Hoda's. To me he seems more like a Jedi specific version of Visas Marr.
  • Options
    People hating on GK really aren't reading his unique
  • Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    People hating on GK really aren't reading his unique

When traya gives isolation that character cannot give buffs or take any so unique is also shut down
  • Options
    I am farming hoda and gearing him up, but jolee is gonna sit in the corner for a while... If you do well in TB you can easily get him to 7* and use him in a Bastila lead squad

Easily? LOL It takes about 5 months just to unlock him at 5*

Is he worth it? Sure

• Options

Easily? LOL It takes about 5 months just to unlock him at 5*

Is he worth it? Sure

His guild could get all 48 or 45 stars so they get 18000 currency at least and each shard is 270 divide 18000 by 270 you get 67 so 2 and a half months to get 5*. It may be unrealistic to get that many stars for someone without him but you can't rule that out
  • Options
    Yes exactly and pigs might fly someday too. 5 months to unlock, realistically

• Options
    Jolee + old ben + hyoda, how many times do you want OB to die. Think about that.

A lot
  • Options
    Jolee + old ben + hyoda, how many times do you want OB to die. Think about that.

A lot

All the health, turn meter, and buffs are only for the first time he dies. If he gets revived and killed again, there’s no benefit for his team.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Yes exactly and pigs might fly someday too. 5 months to unlock, realistically

Huh? You just need a good guild, who cares about more than just unlocking traya. Between tb stars and the bonus missions, I get at least 30 shards between ds & ls. Add in rewards from tw and constantly raiding, and your at about 2 months to unlock. If this sounds utterly unrealistic, either you're in the wrong guild, of you're too new to have a roster worthy of such a guild (and consequently, shouldn't even be worrying about hermit yet anyway).