Ship battles

vangoh
127 posts Member
Just curious as to what you guys speculate the ship battles will be like. Since we have no real info on it this is purely for fun.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were like the ship combat in Star Trek timelines. If you haven't played you pick two characters that give different buffs to the ship. The combat happens more or less in real time. You don't actually move the ship the animation is on auto but you choose the attack buffs like you would in this game in combat. Those buffs are on timers and recharge at different rates based on the characters you pick. It's actually the only decent part of that game.
How would you like to see it work?

Replies

• I'm not sure but I desperately want a new game mode. Really dislike trucking through GW every day. Feels like work.
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I desperately want a new game mode. Really dislike trucking through GW every day. Feels like work.

It can definitely get frustrating some days. I do hope it is a robust
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I just want something that isn't my-five-vs-your-five. What you describe sounds like a neat diversion!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I would bet there are 3 ships per side in battle that you put a hero into to pilot. Then similar combat to now. With new energy type and campaign to gear your ships
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    I think real time would be cool the star trek game does it pretty good
  • That sounds awesome. I hope whatever it is, it's soon, 7* Biggs sitting there waiting on his moment to (hopefully) shine.
  • That sounds awesome. I hope whatever it is, it's soon, 7* Biggs sitting there waiting on his moment to (hopefully) shine.

Built in ship synergies FTW!
  • We probably need to collect ships and improve them by spending moneeeey! Put a pilot in the ship and battle through (hopefully) a nice campaign like the LS and DS campaign. With a ship arena for competitive players and temp the weak people (like me) in spending moooooo moneeeeeey!

Each ship should get a fixed point value because you can't match a Tie fighter with the Millennium Falcon. Every ship battle has a point limit so we can set up an armada with ships how we like. Combat can be simular as now, BUT IN SPACE!