Zeta Reallocation for Bastila Leadership

Dutifully had a zeta ready for Bastila's leadership skill, then watched the game changer videos. Agreed with the conclusion that it was unimpressive in it's zeta'd form based on the gameplay videos. Spent it on Ezra in the hopes of stemming the the daily free fall a little. Used hoarded gear on Ahsoka for my fifth (original plan was to use Bastila lead with an existing fifth, so G12 ATF not required).

Then see new videos following 'fixed' version of Bastila.

Maybe it's my fault for not waiting three days to see if any bugs were resolved, but this really feels like a slap in the face for some of us. Went to help.ea.com to see about moving that zeta (I had just seen a pig fly across my front lawn, so I thought it was my day). I'm not asking for a free zeta - just an 'undo' because, well, your stuff was bugged. You can imagine the result.

There needs to be a way to remedy this. Between 'support' experiences like this, the neutering of existing hard farm ships with Ships 2.0, ongoing 'issues' with TB, and the challenges that are Sith Raid Rewards, it's almost like EA is trying to alienate its player base. I'm assuming the developer of the game wants it to succeed as much as we do, which is why I'm addressing the publisher in that comment.

Given how long it takes to put together the resources for a zeta, reallocating one within X period of time shouldn't be too big of a thing to ask for. We can watch all the videos we want to, but you never really know how that zeta is going to perform until you get it working in your own team.

Replies

• Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    It's called being patient. If you're not sure, dont spend it. I've had 100 zeta mats hoarded bc I didnt want to make a rash decision. If you used it, you'll get more. Should take you less than 3 weeks to get enough for another
  • Dblade21 wrote: »
    It's called being patient. If you're not sure, dont spend it. I've had 100 zeta mats hoarded bc I didnt want to make a rash decision. If you used it, you'll get more. Should take you less than 3 weeks to get enough for another

I was sure Ezra's wouldn't be a waste. I was unsure if Bastila's would be any good, therefore I erred on the side of caution. My point is that they let a bad implementation out the door leaving any of us who watched the game play videos with the wrong impression, resulting in misguided actions, but actions that were misguided by their faulty information. They should make amends (that's what we're taught to do when we make a mistake anyway).

By the way, why on earth would you have five zetas stored up? Those could be helping your guild out instead of sitting on the bench collecting dust. It's not like you get interest for having them laying around.
  • I too have sat on zeta mats before. It’s not uncommon. Also Ezra’s zeta is great, just spend your next one on Bastila. Then you’ll have both out of the way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Currently there is no way to remove and reallocate a zeta.

They implemented a " are you sure pop up", but there is only so much they can do to save us from ourselves
  • Kyno wrote: »

They implemented a " are you sure pop up", but there is only so much they can do to save us from ourselves

I understand that as well, and I'm not sure I need saving from myself as much as I need accurate information from their preferred mouthpieces. This isn't as egregious as an overly exuberant or inadvertent tap. It was well thought out using the information provided by the company itself at the time. While there is no way in the game to reallocate a zeta, there are certainly ways to do it

(UPDATE Toons SET AbilityLevel = Zeta WHERE Toon = 'Bastila' AND Ability = 'Leadership' AND User = 'this guy')

Maybe the better questions is "Shouldn't there be a way...."
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    I mean, they also intentionally released GMYs leadership zeta right before release a better arena leadership zeta. It's just kinda how CG does it. Luckily there's no way to use money for zetas, so we can't really complain for our money back (I'm ftp anyway)
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    I too have sat on zeta mats before. It’s not uncommon. Also Ezra’s zeta is great, just spend your next one on Bastila. Then you’ll have both out of the way.

@Gheyst1214 Also true, it is really fun to watch Ezra one shot some poor little nest. But now looking at the trifecta of Traya's I have to get through to get into the top 10, and I'm really wishing I had that Zeta to spend now.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    It sucks that you used a zeta on a character that you would've otherwise not used it on (though it's a good zeta that you'll surely get some good use out of), but refunding/un-equipping zetas is something they won't (and shouldn't) do.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    I too have sat on zeta mats before. It’s not uncommon. Also Ezra’s zeta is great, just spend your next one on Bastila. Then you’ll have both out of the way.

@Gheyst1214 Also true, it is really fun to watch Ezra one shot some poor little nest. But now looking at the trifecta of Traya's I have to get through to get into the top 10, and I'm really wishing I had that Zeta to spend now.

Under a Bastila lead Ezra and GMY will be your main damage dealers so you’re in good shape. I would use GK or Old Ben for the tank and Jolee for your healing and revives.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    It sucks that you used a zeta on a character that you would've otherwise not used it on (though it's a good zeta that you'll surely get some good use out of), but refunding/un-equipping zetas is something they won't (and shouldn't) do.

@YKMisfit Under typical circumstances I would agree, but since I used their information to make my decision, then they came out with a bug fix which pretty significantly changed that decision, I think there's a case to be made for it. I understand the difficulty in proving intent, and the swell of complaints like mine if some statement were made around compensation for such things.

I was planning on using a zeta on Ezra anyway and it certainly hasn't disappointed. They're not exactly holding, but also not a precipitous dive into the 50s (using Thrawn as a fifth with GK and Hoda).
  • Ezra is still a very good zeta under a Bastilla lead so it's not like you wasted it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I understand that as well, and I'm not sure I need saving from myself as much as I need accurate information from their preferred mouthpieces. This isn't as egregious as an overly exuberant or inadvertent tap. It was well thought out using the information provided by the company itself at the time. While there is no way in the game to reallocate a zeta, there are certainly ways to do it

(UPDATE Toons SET AbilityLevel = Zeta WHERE Toon = 'Bastila' AND Ability = 'Leadership' AND User = 'this guy')

Maybe the better questions is "Shouldn't there be a way...."

currently they didnt implement it. But why shouldn't there be is pretty easy, this game is about choices and planning.

I'm sure we will get there though, they have already started making practice runs on things like PO times in arena.