Artist of War: Help with Phoenix squad mods, especially speed

Prev134
Thanks everyone for the insightful posts and responses on the site as they have been incredibly helpful. I'm a newer player (May 2018) who would appreciate any assistance with my Phoenix squad in trying to take a crack at 7* Thrawn. Unfortunately, I'm only level 72 with Gear 8 for Phoenix (should hit 74 to unlock the sixth gear slot for Ezra to take him to Gear 9 later this week). Any assistance with the mods and/or moving around the speed for the five Phoenix characters would be much appreciated, e.g., do I try to increase Hera or Zeb's speed by taking some away from Chopper? My current speed stats are: Chopper (203), Ezra (193), Hera (167), Zeb (156), and Kanan (125).

https://swgoh.gg/u/mightyrevan/collection/

Many thanks.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    My one bit of advice is get that potency higher on Zeb. At lower levels his stagger and stun are gonna be essential.
  • Thanks for the advice. I believe that when I level up the potency cross to level 15, the potency percentage will increase to 24% (for a total of 49.61% for Zeb). How how do I need to shoot to get his %? 55%?
  • Minimum 50% at a guess. Mine is 65% and his daze/stun sticks like glue on anything without purple protection on it.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Just checked mine, forgetting I'd moved some mods around since. 60-65 should be golden. Think I was ~63%.
  • Thanks to both of you. Since I don't have the potency mods unlocked yet, is the best bet to keep farming to see if I can increase the secondary potency stats on the other five mods? Do you know what the max secondary potency % can be?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Not sure what the max is, but it won't increase after level 12. You can get an extra 1% swapping his and Kanan's diamonds around, but that's about it.

You'd do really well getting him 7* at mid level 70s, if you don't manage you can always try again in a couple of months.
  • Thanks so much for catching that. Before the end of the Thrawn event, I may be able to reach level 75. Do I need to move any of the speed around, e.g., give Hera or Zeb more speed at the expense of Chopper?
  • It will be tough and take many tries but it is still possible. I cant remember exactly but i think i was level 78. You have to make sure you take them out the right order. Remember to land stuns and dispell taunt as well as call Ezra's assist with chopper to boost TM.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Other secondary stats that have speed and potency %. Don’t worry so much about the potency mod because they might not actually be better then a health mod with secondary potency and speed.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Use your profile and filter mods to show you secondaries with speed and potency. You ha e a few you could swap around that will get him higher. Use character secondaries that will benefit your squad. Like kanan put as much protection on him you can b cause he taunts and recovers protection. Ezra is speed and that is all you need with him. Hera is speed and protection so she can call her special often (use Ezra so he gains TM). Zeb is protection, speed and potency since he recovers protection also. Finding the combos and just farming the rest of the week mods should get you some good ones. Don’t level up grays if you have better blues or purples given in the challenges.
  • Thanks Jml727. For tier IV, is it better to call Ezra to increase TM or Zeb for daze/stun?
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Thanks Jml727. For tier IV, is it better to call Ezra to increase TM or Zeb for daze/stun?

Honestly the last tier is the only tier that make those choices hard. I am in the same boat and trying to get 7 this time. I’ve been reading and reading and comparing stats that my guild used.
    The only reason I would use Hera to Ezra is then in turn you can use Ezra to zeb in his assist...so you kind of benifit IMO doing it that way (and get Ezra and zeb protection recovery). I mean unless someone who has gotten 7 and feels different I can only speak on 1-6 pretty solidly. And to be honest they were really a joke I got him at 6 with no maxed out abilities and level 72. Just couldn’t unlock abilities to omega because I wasn’t above 80.
  • Good point re the TM assist for Ezra and then calling Zeb from Ezra's special.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Best way to get extra potency on Zeb is use pairs of potency mods and also have +potency on the cross. You can also find potency in secondary stats but each pair of LVL 15 potency mods will net you +10% total. Better than secondary stats.

I have 2 health, 4 potency on my Zeb and he's 70%.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Best way to get extra potency on Zeb is use pairs of potency mods and also have +potency on the cross. You can also find potency in secondary stats but each pair of LVL 15 potency mods will net you +10% total. Better than secondary stats.

I have 2 health, 4 potency on my Zeb and he's 70%.

Yea but what level are you? I don’t know if potency stats get increased as you level up?
    Nevermind it’s only gear that does it.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    And also he said he can’t farm potency mods yet so going for 1 or 2 dot mods from the mod battles instead of a 4-5 star health mod I don’t think can compare.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    But maxed out 2-dot potency mod pair gives the same +10% set bonus as a pair of 5-dot potency mods. Just use them for the square or diamond slot and it won't cost you better stats from the other positions.

4- or 5- dot health mods everywhere else, particularly the cross and arrow to max those primary stats as much as possible though.

Under your character in-game when managing mods it shows what pairs you have on them. Click on that and it shows you all possible set bonuses, both for below level 15 and maxed level 15. Does not change depending on the dot level of the mod.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    That is accurate but I think the rewards of a 5 dot mod will outweigh the chance of 10% potency. Yes zeb is potency but he also needs high protection because his unique recovers that and is shared with the squad. Especially if he is going for 6* or less which at 72 is very difficult to get 7* thrawn because you won’t omega any ability.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Can't get +% protection on either square or diamond, hence why I said to throw 2-dot Potency on there. Get the set bonus and put +23.5% protection 5-dots on the circle and triangle positions. Even the arrow if it has decent secondary speed.
  • http://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/

I highly recommend this site to optimize your mods. I had mine somewhat stockpiled and raised over 75 spots in arena (currently top 100) I’m FTP and I imagine this would help to optimize them for your Phoenix, or any squads in the future. Best if used in a computer. A bit harder on mobile but doable. Good luck!
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Awesome tool @Spartan549 ! Just tried it on my phone and you hit it right on...use a pc or larger tablet but still a good tool.
  • Thanks everyone for weighing in, and Spartan549 for the mod optimizer. Did anyone have an issue with the suggested changes? For example, the optimizer suggested the following changes to Ezra: -4156 health, +13766 protection, -1.08% CC, -17.71% potency, -0.46% tenacity, -142 offense, and +4 defense (total value of the set increases from 9037.60 to 12592.50). I thought that Ezra wanted to have increased CC, potency, and offense and, while protection is good, I thought that it needed to be balanced with health.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ezra doesn't need potency at all because he doesn't inflict anything. Protection on all Phoenix is key because they share Zeb's regeneration unique each turn.
  • Thanks for the help on that Vendi1983. Given Zeb and Chopper's uniques, is it more important to increase protection or health for the squad?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It's easier to gain plenty of protection, because the maximum from +health I believe is +5.88, whereas a protection primary on a 5-dot is +23.5%.

A set of 6 health mods will net you a +15% gain total plus any additional +health or +% health on primary and secondary. You can, if you want to sacrifice speed on Zeb and Kanan, put four 5-dot mods on that all have +23.5% protection (arrow, triangle, circle, cross). My Kanan has 4 health mods, 2 CC mods. He has 21k health at G8, but 19k protection (including 10k just from mods) because I put protection on arrow, circle and triangle.

Zeb's unique grants +15% protection recovery doubled if debuffed.

Chopper's is only 15% health plus a protection up buff, and Kanan grants protection up too.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Yea protection over health because you hope the protection recovery makes it impossible to deplete and actually hit health.
  • Great. Thanks to both of you for the advice.
  • Do you prioritize defense over health for the tanks?
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    I haven’t figured out defense stats...I know it does something but I usually go for the health stat unless the defense has a high speed stat attached.
  • Thanks JML727. I have seen several posts re increasing speed for Phoenix. Have you done so for Hera, at the expense of health and/or protection, e.g., I could increase Hera's speed by 10 (from 175 to 185) at the expense of Chopper (he would go down from 203 to 193), but it would mean taking a health cross with the following stats: 9.5% Defense, +1453 Protection, +809 Health, +0.68% Health, and +6 Defense cross off her and replacing it with Chopper's (23.5% Protection, 2.05% Tenacity, 10 Speed, 1.31% Potency, and 1.29% CC)?