Sith Fighter and Ship Marquee Bundle Changes [MEGA]

Replies

  • It's probably not a great sign for the future of this game that instead of fixing currently broken content, EA is just trying to milk more money out of the player base.

    It’s basically been that way since Day1. They know that people will buy this junk because it’s Star Wars. They don’t have to make a quality game. No need to spend money on more developers, testers, or whatever is needed when people will buy it regardless.

    I get it, and that all games are there to make a profit, but jeez, tripling the cost of packs while ignoring player input just seems much more pronounced.

    More aggressively money-grabby.
    To get a refund:

    Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

    You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Long live Jack Welsh!!!!
  • I usually pick up the £10 packs with a new character release, as it's a minimal expense to get my 4* base character. I don't think I'd spend £30 though to get a 4* new ship and a ton of shard shop currency......
  • Vdr
    14 posts Member
    If you already have the SA you would be paying $1 per ship shard. It’s roughly the same as getting 8 shards from a 1299 cristals pack. Assuming they are also releasing the 1299 pack I think it’s not worth going for the bundle even if you are a whale and want to 7* it. Just go for the 1299 pack and try your luck.
  • The amount of badmouthing about this game is insane. GoH is a lot of fun. Is this pack particularly suitable to a lot of players? No. Have all the changes to ships made ships any better? I'd say it's about a net zero gain. Do these things make the game horrible? Not at all. Still having a ton of fun. I have my issues with STR, ships, and nonsensical stuff like this pack, but I still like to play.
  • Vinniarth
    1649 posts Member
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    The amount of badmouthing about this game is insane. GoH is a lot of fun. Is this pack particularly suitable to a lot of players? No. Have all the changes to ships made ships any better? I'd say it's about a net zero gain. Do these things make the game horrible? Not at all. Still having a ton of fun. I have my issues with STR, ships, and nonsensical stuff like this pack, but I still like to play.

    Thank you so much for letting us know!!!
    On a serious note, you made a logic “mistake of survivalist”: “ if I am ok, everyone should be ok”.
    It is false.
  • Dralkyr
    451 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    The amount of badmouthing about this game is insane. GoH is a lot of fun. Is this pack particularly suitable to a lot of players? No. Have all the changes to ships made ships any better? I'd say it's about a net zero gain. Do these things make the game horrible? Not at all. Still having a ton of fun. I have my issues with STR, ships, and nonsensical stuff like this pack, but I still like to play.

    Thank you so much for letting us know!!!
    On a serious note, you made a logic “mistake of survivalist”: “ if I am ok, everyone should be ok”.
    It is false.

    The premise, though, for the indirect proof is "Do these things make the game horrible?" The next line is "Still having a ton of fun" with the implied premise "a fun game is not horrible." Issues: STR, ships, nonsensical stuff like this pack; end result, still fun to play. ∴ not horrible.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Makes sense to me. I agree SA as the first toon makes little sense, but people would pay it for unique toons. EPIV Falcon with a rebel/scoundrel Chewbacca for example
  • As someone who buys the packs, I like it! I enjoy having hard farmed content with an expensive price tag. If anything, the bundle is too cheap and should be closer to $40. Let the true whales set themselves apart from the dolphins and baby fish. Of course we will buy your pack at double, no triple the price. We will buy power and rule the galaxy! Muahahaha. Smart move. Keep the special marquee coming.
  • Even though you tempt me with the ship omegas and reinforcement mats there is no way I'm paying 3x the price. Terrible value.
  • Bought all packs since some time. This one i will not buy. I do not want to pay x3 for the future packs.
  • Presaria
    166 posts Member
    I would buy the pack if they upped the omegas. At least enough to get the ship competitive. With the structure they have created, you’ll pay money for a ship that is still worthless for a long time.

    Omegas are the gate for ship’s 2.0. Wonder if CG even knows that.....
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    I would buy the pack if they upped the omegas. At least enough to get the ship competitive. With the structure they have created, you’ll pay money for a ship that is still worthless for a long time.

    Omegas are the gate for ship’s 2.0. Wonder if CG even knows that.....

    Even with more omega's, the ship will still be useless. Remember that star level effects everything about a ship, including speed.

    No ship at four star will ever do anything to a ship at seven star. Ships require stars to be useful. Ships released with a max three star variant or with marque released pilots will never see the light of day to most players.

    Unless its so brokenly OP that it can win regardless
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Presaria wrote: »
    I would buy the pack if they upped the omegas. At least enough to get the ship competitive. With the structure they have created, you’ll pay money for a ship that is still worthless for a long time.

    Omegas are the gate for ship’s 2.0. Wonder if CG even knows that.....

    Even with more omega's, the ship will still be useless. Remember that star level effects everything about a ship, including speed.

    No ship at four star will ever do anything to a ship at seven star. Ships require stars to be useful. Ships released with a max three star variant or with marque released pilots will never see the light of day to most players.

    Unless its so brokenly OP that it can win regardless

    Well, look at what people are doing with 4* Basilla...
  • evoluza
    2288 posts Member
    Natos wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Presaria wrote: »
    I would buy the pack if they upped the omegas. At least enough to get the ship competitive. With the structure they have created, you’ll pay money for a ship that is still worthless for a long time.

    Omegas are the gate for ship’s 2.0. Wonder if CG even knows that.....

    Even with more omega's, the ship will still be useless. Remember that star level effects everything about a ship, including speed.

    No ship at four star will ever do anything to a ship at seven star. Ships require stars to be useful. Ships released with a max three star variant or with marque released pilots will never see the light of day to most players.

    Unless its so brokenly OP that it can win regardless

    Well, look at what people are doing with 4* Basilla...

    Ships.... Characters.... Big difference...
  • Sewpot
    1096 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    I’ve bought every marquee pack up until last year. It’s normally $13.99 CDN for the pack. Now this is probably going to cost $42. Hard no sir. I’ll farm the ship later on. Ships 2.0 is a failure in general so what’s one more useless ship? I used to be a whale but now I’m strictly F2P. Excited about the upcoming KOTOR content but don’t expect me to spend another dime on this game. Cheers

    They probably realised that no one bought the pack for the new falcon, and thought:

    "hey guys, no one is buying the new falcon pack, what's up with that, people "love" Ships 2.0 right? We all see nothing wrong with it, there is no feedback thread for it though right?, should probably post one, on another note, are we all wearing our mandatory rose tinted glasses?"

    And an intern says "Why not put shards of an old hero in a special bundle with the next new ship? that way, we can charge more for the suckers whales who will buy it anyway!"

    Much rejoicing was had.

    Problem with the new falcon is that it also has 2 pilots. So you need to max out 3 things from scratch. This new sith ship has 1 pilot and shes farmable. So buying that pack isn’t that bad even with the price increase. Packs are always the best purchase (no RNG). Shard packs are cancer of the brain on the other hand.
  • The time to do this experiment was with Landos Falcon of course. How silly is this?
    iN Spectre
  • Alright CG. I can understand what you are trying to do with this pack, but you're doing it the wrong way. This the 21st century. Everywhere you look there are choices for the same or almost the exact same product. If you want a new something, there are probably about 50 different models to choose from. One that can suit everyone's needs. This pack is essentially saying, "You all need the same things, so that is all we are going to sell." I really hope this is just an "experiment." For your sake and ours. My suggestion is after this ONE event, ALWAYS give options. Especially when it for more than one character/ship/anything else. You will always make more money that way. While selling to 10% of people is great when they spend a lot, selling to 65% is much better.

    We are not asking for the whole galaxy here, we just don't want you to turn into the Emperor....
  • When js any of this stuff coming?i feel like GMY was reworked to trick people into spending a zeta since a couple weeks later a better Jedi lead zeta came out. Something similar will probably happen with the other KOTOR rooms once enough people waste their valuable resources
  • CerealKiller
    603 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I believe the pilot pack draws value from long term veteran players, advanced users worked very hard for assassin during the zaul days or later in the hope of raven, it would be nice if the pack cost half and was split in pilot+ship. On the other hand those omegas will sure go a long way, since I'm here : I would love a ventress star fighter someday - especially with the clone wars returning, just so awesome
  • Why do they not make a Sith Empire character, such as Darth Malgus?
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    When js any of this stuff coming?i feel like GMY was reworked to trick people into spending a zeta since a couple weeks later a better Jedi lead zeta came out. Something similar will probably happen with the other KOTOR rooms once enough people waste their valuable resources

    I do feel for those who spent a Zeta on GMY, only to have Bastilla come out and be a hundred times better

Sign In or Register to comment.