Guild Production Awards for Officers

ICEMANPYROMANIAC
30 posts Member
edited July 2018
It would be nice to see CG add an additional rewards token through the daily tokens that guild officers and leaders can utilize as a perk to retain players and also to get inactive players to continue to be productive. The officers can than oversee the distributions of such rewards to members of the guild as both a reward for grear work or a perk to encourage players to be more active within the guild. These rewards could be anything from mods, currency, gear, etc that are gained through daily productivity tokens.

Replies

• or for guild leaders and officers to abuse it and give rewards to their buddies and create an environment where cronyism makes some guilds toxic, but there's thinking for you
  • There are players that abuse the game in general and cheat. No matter what happens there will always be one's who abuse and cheat the system. That to you for thinking condescending issues with every comment!!
  • There needs to be ways to help smaller guilds build there guild and retain members. Is this the best most logical answer...probably not, but that is why people throw idea's out there so others can help comment on certain ideas. Some good and some not so good.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    There needs to be ways to help smaller guilds build there guild and retain members. Is this the best most logical answer...probably not, but that is why people throw idea's out there so others can help comment on certain ideas. Some good and some not so good.

The best way is for CG to fix the infinite number of things wrong with this game; most importantly the STR. Theres no need for them to add anything like this really. Their own efforts to fix this game would go miles in keeping players interested and guilds together
  • There are players that abuse the game in general and cheat. No matter what happens there will always be one's who abuse and cheat the system. That to you for thinking condescending issues with every comment!!

then bring forth ideas that could possibly happen, EA giving gamers the power to reward each other is not going to happen in a heavily monetized system. Guilds grow through success not welfare. the concept of the starter guild is there for the explicit reason of giving new players a chance to improve and eventually move on to find guilds that match their game expectations, there are already thousands of guilds to choose from
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    if the rewards are worth anything they will lead to abuse, or worse destroy the guild when people threaten to leave if they dont get a "reward" or feel slighted

if they are not its just as pointless as not having them. which is why they would probably just not introduce them.
  • I don't not agree that this idea could be abused. I brought forth the idea knowing that there could be potential issues with it. But if people look at it they sometimes generate a better idea that can make the original one better. I agree with you there are a bunch of guilds out there. I happen to be in a guild of 86 mil power, is it the biggest and the best absolutely not by any means. But we continue to run into issues of free loaders and individuals who do not want to be productive. So they get booted, that's the best known way to resolve these non compliant players. And if individuals want to move on to a bigger and better guild I'm all for them bettering themselves.
  • i can think of a great way to abuse it! a main guild can form any amount of sub guilds,100's if you are that dedicated, they can jump to every other day, and the leader can gift free stuff to one member, then both go back to the main guild. I changed my mind, I love your idea!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    i can think of a great way to abuse it! a main guild can form any amount of sub guilds,100's if you are that dedicated, they can jump to every other day, and the leader can gift free stuff to one member, then both go back to the main guild. I changed my mind, I love your idea!

basically this. what is to stop several high level players from keeping guilds there to hop into and out of just to get the rewards. any gifting of something that is worth it, if not heavily restricted like gear is now, is just open to abuse, or almost pointless (like gear donations are now)
  • Here is a good idea, the ability to set requirements to participate in raids.
    Ex. Must contribute 1500/90000 raid tickets to participate in HAAT or must participate in previous tw/tb phase to participate in. Or the easiest way from the Dev side would be to change the remove button to a drop box with a list of sanctions officers could impose as a warning. Ex.-(enter number)% raid score for (enter number) hours, so we would have options to punish people besides just kicking them.
  • ScottyLee
    221 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Here is a good idea, the ability to set requirements to participate in raids.
    Ex. Must contribute 1500/90000 raid tickets to participate in HAAT or must participate in previous tw/tb phase to participate in. Or the easiest way from the Dev side would be to change the remove button to a drop box with a list of sanctions officers could impose as a warning. Ex.-(enter number)% raid score for (enter number) hours, so we would have options to punish people besides just kicking them.

I like that we are talking about this subject, but to give any person the ability to affect another player's rewards is not going to happen. Especially considering that there is money involved. I could totally see some person blow this out of control and take a guild leader or officer to small claims court for the money spent on their account for the betterment of the guild, only to be denied rewards. Yes, you can argue that there were rules in place, but I doubt that will convince anyone to not make a stink if they want. Plus, just the threat of doing that, and the legal nightmares of actually going to court will dissuade any guild leader or officer from actually enforcing the rule.
  • Some Guilds already do a kick and rejoin as a warning. My 2nd idea is similar to that without having to actually remove someone and reseting there life time tickets donations tb and tw rewards etc so its actually less extreme than what's already being done
  • Some Guilds already do a kick and rejoin as a warning. My 2nd idea is similar to that without having to actually remove someone and reseting there life time tickets donations tb and tw rewards etc so its actually less extreme than what's already being done

That's true, and your idea is less of a punishment, but again, giving the ability to adjust players awards to other players, either up or down, will not happen. It is way too open to abuse and like I said, with money being a factor, it's open to all types of outrage. For example:
    Player A spends $500 dollars to start and gear a new toon for raids or TW. He doesn't achieve the the raid ticket requirements due to real life constraints. Being one of the few guild members who have this toon, he scores very well on the raid and gets top 3. Because of the established rule, he gets denied his full reward payout by the guild leadership. Let's also assume that this is the first time the guild was able to clear the raid, and his new toon was instrumental in that achievement. If i were player A, I would be highly upset and either leave the guild, or threaten legal action to recoup the money I spent on the toon (extreme but could happen).
    Let's say that the guild leader decides because of this new toon, he overlooks the short raid tickets and grants full rewards. There will definitely be some ticked off guild members. Good luck holding the guild together when rules are bent for the chosen few.

TLDR: giving guild leaders the ability to adjust rewards will not happen under any condition