So... what about that OTHER guy?

Everyone's raving about Bastila Shan. Well, she's hot and she's got a double-bladed yellow lightsaber and arguably the best leadership zeta for Jedi in the game right now. I get it.

But what about the other guy? Anyone think Jolee is worth building? His comparison group (healing Jedi) is Consular, Luminara, Barris, Hermit Yoda, and Visas. It goes without saying that he's more useful than Consular or Luminara. But the rest are debatable. I'm not sure his zeta is as good as Barris' ultimately. He and Hoda are kind of different beasts, since Jolee at least gets to attack! But he doesn't hit anywhere as hard as Visas (he's a much better healer, though). His big deal is that he can revive, like Daka. But will he survive long enough to do so? Won't everyone just kill him first? Not if we have GK or Old Ben and a Bastila lead, I suppose...

What I'm currently thinking is that he will be great on a second or third Jedi team. The main team doesn't have room for him - I think. I could be wrong: he might work really well with Bastila, Old Ben, Ezra, and GM Yoda... I'll have to try him out and see. But my people aren't dying so much that they need reviving yet.

What are your thoughts and predictions about the strategic use of Jolee Bindo? Or is he just 'the other guy that came along with Bastila?'

Sam UX

Replies

• Options
    Surely someone has a thought on Jolee Bindo. Surely.
  • Options
    Bastilla(l), old ben, GK, zarris, *that* guy should be a good back node tw team i guess.

Too bad i know little about jedi to offer a better team. ;D
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    I think Jolee is also hot. Swarm, mass rezz, heals, that is a strong kit.
    Op? Broken? So worth 300 bucks? Probably no.
  • OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    He’ll be a great sith raid addition thanks to his revive, but that’s months down the road.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    I think Jolee is also hot. Swarm...
    If you're referring to GK's Swarm on a team wide heal then it does not work with Jolee (as announced by the devs).

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking he will be awesome on TW D with Jedi team with Old Ben.

I haven't counted exactly but I think you can have 3 full Jedi teams now.
  • Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Surely someone has a thought on Jolee Bindo. Surely.

Don't call me Shirley.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    i don't think he'll have a problem staying alive. TMR immunity, tenacity immune from Bastila, heals on every move he makes, and seemed to have a decent bit of health.

but i don't know if he fits on ab A team
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Jolee doesnt bring as much to the table as Bariss or Hoda. I guess if u were considering a 3rd jedi team but it's tough enough to field 1 good jedi team atm, much less 3. I would long-farm Jolee and I love my jedi.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    He is Mr. Timeout. If I was running Jedi in Arena I would put him in on my last fight of the night. He is only Character in game with full-team rez. And because of his basic its low cooldown.TW D for same reason.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Jolee is pure... Well he's pure something but I wouldn't bet on the fact he's gold.
    In fact, he's nothing near good. Ok, he heals. Ok, he reduces his CD when using his basic, which trigger when countering. From here, he's just another Jedi Consular.

The difference is from his revive. Okay, that's good but this is not the NS type of revive, just a full revive that won't matter. Having a chars with 80 of his life is very nice but he won't get more than a turn since the damage are very high now. In fact, protection is the only thing that keep a character alive, without that it's just a turn before you die.
    CLS, Han, Vader, Sion... They can do special that does 30 000 or more (only Han's basic can do as much as this).

In this game, revive means you're already dead, except for NS or for TW when you'll earn more banners from having all your chars alive.
  • Options
    Guest wrote: »
    Jolee is pure... Well he's pure something but I wouldn't bet on the fact he's gold.
    In fact, he's nothing near good. Ok, he heals. Ok, he reduces his CD when using his basic, which trigger when countering. From here, he's just another Jedi Consular.

The difference is from his revive. Okay, that's good but this is not the NS type of revive, just a full revive that won't matter. Having a chars with 80 of his life is very nice but he won't get more than a turn since the damage are very high now. In fact, protection is the only thing that keep a character alive, without that it's just a turn before you die.
    CLS, Han, Vader, Sion... They can do special that does 30 000 or more (only Han's basic can do as much as this).

In this game, revive means you're already dead, except for NS or for TW when you'll earn more banners from having all your chars alive.

You might have a point, except you forgot that he also grants revived allies 5 turn Crit immunity, so those high damage Crit attacks you are referencing will be hitting for a lot less then those numbers, and your squad isn’t going to just sit there and do nothing while being hit either. Got to consider that as well when you look at how it all works.
  • Options
    The general problem with Jedi is that it's hard to balance offense, defense, and support. Jolee is a great support, but the Jedi already have a wealth of support characters. Speaking of my own roster, putting together a good Jedi team with Jolee means scavenging from other teams in a way that weakens them too much to be justifiable.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm thinking a GK lead with Zarris, HY, Jolee, and GMY would be an amazing timeout defense team.

Zarriss and GK will each have an assist all, Hermit Yoda will have 2 (once grandmaster's guidance spreads). If you manage to kill anyone through the foresight, GK, Zarriss, and HY, Jolee can revive them.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    I think Jolee could be good on a STR p2 Jedi team.

Bastila, Hoda, GMY, Ezra, Jolee. He can keep giving out protection up to keep Bastila's leadership's bonus on everyone (and keep them alive). He can call a DPS toon to assist every other turn (getting around Sion's counter). And if Sion gets a particularly crazy crit out and kills someone, just revive them.
  • Options
    He's a jolee good fellow
  • Options
    He would be awesome if Nihilus wasn’t meta.

He’s a great TW option on defense I’d guess
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Jolee seems to be a character made to be used in the sith raid.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Personally one of my favorite kotor characters, and I'm especially disappointed that they specifically sabotaged his team heal so it doesnt work with kenobi. As of right now hes not worth investing in, even for a b-team. The nullifying of his healing synergy with kenobi is obnoxious, and is consistent with a pattern of jedi being purposely tripped up by CG
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    but... Bastila is supposed to lead
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Yea that's why I said b-team.
  • Options
    Jolee has +100 tenacity from his unique and +150 tenacity from Bastila lead. He gets crit avoidance equal to half his tenacity at the start of the encounter. Will he ever suffer a crit besides from attackers with advantage?
  • Options
    I've always wanted to try a 5 healer timeout team.
  • Options
    Building a team around Jolee, I’d think that you would want to capitalize on his strengths which is his ability to mass revive teammates. With a guaranteed full Jedi team revive, you are less worried about your other heroes surviving and more worried about maximizing what they do while they are alive.

Thinking about all of that, what team would take advantage of his revive the most? Maybe:

[Leader] Mace Windu, Aggressive Jedi (should be considered an Attacker instead of Tank) that exposes enemies allowing him to deal excellent damage to them. The whole idea behind this character is that he needs to be dealt with to keep him from destroying your team with expose, but even if you defeat him, Jolee brings him right back up. So who do you choose to focus first? This is the choice your enemies will have to make. Do you attempt to take Jolee down who has Old Ben and Hermit Yoda protecting him, all the while ignoring Mace and Anakin who are whittling down your team?

Old Ben, sturdy Jedi tank that is excellent at protecting the team, synergizes well with Jolee due to his unique that gives everyone buffs when he dies, then Jolee can bring him right back. Unfortunately, Old Ben’s unique is worded to only work the first time he’s revived so you can only benefit from Old Ben’s unique once. Regardless, it’s still a powerful effect and you can bring him back even after he’s given the effect to allies.

Hermit Yoda, excellent support that can keep the team alive and with Master’s Training, he synergizes well with Jolee’s revive. Allies with Master’s Training get defeated, granting Yoda a free turn and resetting all of his cooldowns. Hermit Yoda will keep Jolee alive, who in turn keeps reviving everybody else that gets defeated, allowing Yoda to keep putting Master’s Training on them. Really good synergy.

Anakin Skywalker, high damage that exposes himself when he doesn’t Crit but with the ability to revive him at 80% health, it doesn’t matter if he gets exposed. If other allies get defeated it only fuels his rage and with the ability for Jolee to revive allies this can happen multiple times. Master’s Training from Yoda makes Anakin a team slayer.

(Optional replacement for Mace Windu, if so, then make Anakin Leader) Ahsoka Tano, good damage with a little team healing, synergizes well with Jolee cause she can’t be Crit after she revives, allowing her to maintain her buffs from her unique when she isn’t critically hit. Master’s Training from Yoda just makes her even more dangerous.

So team would be:

[L]Mace Windu, Old Ben, Hermit Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Jolee Bindo.

OR

[L]Anakin Skywalker, Old Ben, Hermit Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, Jolee Bindo.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure where you're going with Windu. If his healing synergy with kenobi worked like it should, I would go gk lead, Asokha, jolee, ezra, and gmy
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I tried to get a poll going to show that most people think jolee should have synergy with gk, but the moderators keep hiding it.