Sith Marauder vs Bastila lead?

Question: has anyone run Sith Marauder vs a Bastila-led Jedi team? If he gets +10% health steal, defense, and tenacity for each buff on all characters, and Bastila (and Yoda) give out a bunch of buffs, what would that even look like?

Replies

• As soon as a Bastila Jedi team shows up in my shard I’m totally going to find out.
  • TecumsehsRevenge
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Can check my .gg I had SM ready. Handles Jedi comps decent and pot up allows neg stats to stick under Traya lead.
    Post edited by TecumsehsRevenge on
  • Not sure about Marauder but my Enfys was hitting for 80k towards end of arena battle v Bastilla lead
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I likey.
  • I also thought about SM, but in my oppinion, he'll rather be like sith trooper: very hard to kill, sturdy rock, but its just sitting there, watching his team being slaughtered.
    Once he's the only char standing, he will fall eventually, just like every other toon would.
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    I also thought about SM, but in my oppinion, he'll rather be like sith trooper: very hard to kill, sturdy rock, but its just sitting there, watching his team being slaughtered.
    Once he's the only char standing, he will fall eventually, just like every other toon would.

Except unlike Sith Trooper his special hits like a truck, grants a buff to your entire squad, and on a crit reduces the target’s max health by 15%. And he’s also way faster than Sith Trooper.
  • I don’t have Wampa 7* yet so I use Sith Marauder in the Wampanader squad for heroic tank and he does extremely well as a substitute.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I think he'll be hella tanky, but not able to dish out much on offense. Think the Jedi will overwhelm the team before that max health reduction stacks up.

I think others stacking effects like Young Han, Nest or FOE have a much better chance of overcoming the Jedi with stacking effects have a better chance than Marauder. Now, if you want to try to time out a bastila team SiM might have a place on your team
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Health steal, tenacity and defense are all pretty worthless bonuses... especially against Jedi who don’t apply a bunch of debuffs.
  • I’ve run this with my g12 SM against a zeta 6* Bastila jedi team. Yes he’s super tanky... but doesn’t do crazy dmg. I prefer Nest in this scenario tbh.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • These jedi teams have no way to dispell the taunt, so they have to pretty much go through SiT. By the time they do, annihilate pops off, and from there it gets really easy. Thing is by that time there's only a couple minutes left. It's not difficult to win these battles, but sometimes it's difficult to win them in time.

Every one of these game changer videos showing the new jedi stomping sith teams, I'm just there thinking "yeah, but they're not facing sith trooper."
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    These jedi teams have no way to dispell the taunt, so they have to pretty much go through SiT. By the time they do, annihilate pops off, and from there it gets really easy. Thing is by that time there's only a couple minutes left. It's not difficult to win these battles, but sometimes it's difficult to win them in time.

Every one of these game changer videos showing the new jedi stomping sith teams, I'm just there thinking "yeah, but they're not facing sith trooper."

Ezra dispels. Bastila dispels. Seen plenty of Sith Trooper teams fall to the Bastila, Ezra, GK, GMY, Hoda team in my shard. They don't have to go through Sith Trooper, they just need to not waste their dispelling abilities on offense.
  • Maybe it's just bad AI then. I'm speaking only from experience playing against them on offense. Probably should have scoured through every jedi kit before I said that lol. SiT keeps up a taunt for a more significant portion of the match than I've been used to though. Either way, on offense, getting to face these Bastila teams has been a breath of fresh air compared to nothing but Traya in the top 15 or so.
  • I run Marauder. He massacres them. When I play against a Bastila lead that is better, Marauder is frickin OP. But keep in mind my whole squad is sith, so they win almost by default
  • My Marauder massacres them, rain or shine.
  • Wonder how does marauder do vs revan? Anyone know?
  • Nice necro.
    And lol.
    Marauder is a fail toon. Get him to g12+, put godlike mods on him, and he's still won't do good. It's sounds good on paper with all the buffs and debuffs.
    On reality, he's fail.
  • These jedi teams have no way to dispell the taunt, so they have to pretty much go through SiT. By the time they do, annihilate pops off, and from there it gets really easy. Thing is by that time there's only a couple minutes left. It's not difficult to win these battles, but sometimes it's difficult to win them in time.

I use Sith Trooper(74.8% armor) with my EP team (I don't use thrawn) and he works well against them. But they do lose. (every team loses on defense for the most part)

74.8% armor??? jesus ****!.... that's a whole lot of armor... and i'm here barely reaching 50% :(
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194