Mod set bonus question

BubbaFett
3311 posts Member
It is my understanding that, when mod slicing hits, our mods will revert to their original color. My question is in regards to the set bonus.... Currently, to get the max set bonus, the mods need to be good, for example 30% Crit damage increase for four gold Crit damage mods..... Are we going to lose this bonus when our mods revert back to their original colour?

Replies

• I thought this was in their notes. The stats will not change. They will be like grandfathered in.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I thought this was in their notes. The stats will not change. They will be like grandfathered in.

Thats why I am asking..... I'm not sure that the set bonus is a "stat".....
  • You get the set bonus from having like 2 health mods. Or 4 speed mods. The type of mod won't change with the update, so you'd still get the bonus.
  • Colour has nothing to do with mod set bonus. The mod set bonus is controlled by mod LEVEL. A level 15 blue set of mods will have the same set bonus as a set of gold mods, or green, or purple.
  • CamaroAMF
    1281 posts Member
    Set bonus is based on the level. The max set bonus is from having all mods in the set at max level, which is 15. Change they’re making isn’t going to change the level of the mod. It’s just going to show what the original tier (color) of the mod was and the mod tier (color) will no longer change as you level the mod up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    It is my understanding that, when mod slicing hits, our mods will revert to their original color. My question is in regards to the set bonus.... Currently, to get the max set bonus, the mods need to be good, for example 30% Crit damage increase for four gold Crit damage mods..... Are we going to lose this bonus when our mods revert back to their original colour?

No the upgrade levels are not reverting, only the visual color is changing.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Ok, thanks guys..... I was confused because, when you look at the simplified diagram, it shows a grey mod set = 5% health and a good mod set = 10% health, but doesn't say anything about level, just shows the colour..... But you guys are right, when I clicked on the diagram, the description popped up showing level 15.....