Proposal for Spring Achievement Solution and Multiple Bronziums Opening

HK22
645 posts Member
I have tried to word the topic to a similar topic that has managed to stay in general discussion. Two of the fairly frequent requests that I have seen on the forums is a way to complete the Spring Season Pack Achievement and the ability to open more than one bronzium package at a time. I know that the developers said they had issues with implementing fixes to both of these issues for various technical reasons. So my proposed solution is a new Bronzium Pack that features no random drops, which I suspect is one of the big reasons they had difficulty with multi-bronzes, and each purchase of the pack counts toward the achievement. Here would be the basic idea.

Advanced Bronzium Pack: 5,000 Bronzium (Probably would be implemented higher)
5 - Character Shards (Make it a decent already released character, or put a new character like Young Han Solo)
5 - Stun Gun Salvage
5 - Stun Cuffs
5 - Carbanti Salvage
5 - Mark 3 Holo Project Salvage

Positives for the Players:
1. Multiple Bronzium Issues Solved
2. Spring Achievement Solved
3. Provides a source for rare salvage which is a frequent request from players
4. Provides a potential way for marquee characters to be brought into the game without requiring a store, hard node, or catina node.

Positives for CG:
1. It builds positive PR because they listened to player feedback and gave them a simple solution to three constant requests (Achievement, Bronziums, Gear)
2. Potential increased revenue from crystal sales. Since crystal refreshes, in particular catina, are a quick way to gather ally points there is a good possibility that crystal sales would increase for players to take advantage of the new deal.

What are your thoughts on this proposal?

Replies

• They are too lazy or greedy to fix that achievement.
  • They need to add other tiles, just like the 4x and 8x chromium purchases. They said in the recent Q&A that they didn't have the ability to do multiple pulls... which was subsequently mocked by the community (queue Will Smith memes doing the large hand gesture pointing at the dozens of multi-pull examples). It's just something they haven't done.

They said it's code limiting, but that's ****. They're just tied up attempting to fix TB and TW bugs, along with other content directly related to paid-for content, so they're not going to have the code junkies write those 6 lines of code for a multi bronzium pull which is free to play central. Heaven people they spend time on stuff important to free-to-play people.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Never will happen and IBTM. Also sorry couldn't be more constructive, but CG makes money off people paying crystals for those things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In a recent interview they stated they are looking at something like this (and yes likely to be more expensive than we imagine). The idea they stated was a more expensive pack with better stuff in the pool for drops.

I dont think we would ever see an in game currency reward any standard things, it will always be random.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »
    Never will happen and IBTM. Also sorry couldn't be more constructive, but CG makes money off people paying crystals for those things.

You aren't wrong that they make money off a particular demographic that is willing and able to pay for whole pieces of gear with crystals. However, they also have other demographics that do not spend a great deal of money on the game. This type of idea might encourage non-spenders to become occasional spenders which is more income for CG.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I dont think we would ever see an in game currency reward any standard things, it will always be random.

Except we see that in every store.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    But I don't think we'll see them focus on the onesie twosie spenders. That's not where the money is for them and many decisions in the past point to what the demographic they focus on is. Don't get me wrong. As a casual spender it would be great. As a player I'd love it, but just sadly not likely to happen.

Also sorry but despite how you tried to word it, it got moved.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »
    But I don't think we'll see them focus on the onesie twosie spenders. That's not where the money is for them and many decisions in the past point to what the demographic they focus on is. Don't get me wrong. As a casual spender it would be great. As a player I'd love it, but just sadly not likely to happen.

Also sorry but despite how you tried to word it, it got moved.

I understand your point and respect it. Honestly, I'm not surprised it got moved since most topics that might interest players get moved.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Not for an in game currency given out for showing up. Ally points are given out in way to high a quantity to be in a system similar to GE currency or the like.

Not for an in game currency given out for showing up. Ally points are given out in way to high a quantity to be in a system similar to GE currency or the like.

We get Ally Poinys from spending energy, thus an in game currency much like Cantina coins.

The levels it is given out is set by the devs.

Don't mean to get hung up on semantics (you know we go round and round @kyno, but it's always in the interest of the game).

They did say they went looking into an alternate Bronzium pack, but I'd not hold my breath waiting for it.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018

We get Ally Poinys from spending energy, thus an in game currency much like Cantina coins.

Don't mean to get hung up on semantics (you know we go round and round kyno, but it's always in the interest of the game).

They did say they went looking into an alternate Bronzium pack, but I'd not hold my breath waiting for it.

If you heard that interview, then you would understand what I am getting at. They increased the ally points being given out, which is why it will most likely not be a "great deal" or be tied to a way to directly purchase anything by choice.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Tbh I've wanted this for awhile. I would love to see a way that we could open multiple bronzium data cards at the same time! Kinda like when you sim battles from Normal/Hard nodes on the LS/DS/Cantina battles table where you can choose how many you want to sim. Currently I have over 300k ally points. Maybe 350k...? Idk. And I don't quite remember my highest total (it was higher than what I have now I do know that), but I do remember being at 0 ally points before. But that's not the point. It was a long time ago when I had zero. Point is, without being able to sim bronziums I just save 'em lately. And I've been doing that for awhile now. Sure I'll open one or two every few weeks, but that's it. Way back when there were squad tournaments everyone would use 'em that way along with buying the bronziums. But now with no more squad tournaments and no way to sim opening bronziums people like myself just save 'em. It takes way to long to open them one by one even with the slight help of the 'skip' button when there are more important things we could be doing ingame.

TL;DR. A 'sim button' and how many you want to sim option 'slider' for bronziums would be a huge timesaver. That's just my 2¢ though. Anyone else? ;) Joe
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

Don't mean to get hung up on semantics (you know we go round and round kyno, but it's always in the interest of the game).

If you heard that interview, then you would understand what I am getting at. They increased the ally points being given out, which is why it will most likely not be a "great deal" or be tied to a way to directly purchase anything by choice.

They increased the ally points to garner some good will after the "first round of Tournaments being refreshed with crystals" fiasco, then used those points to do the next few tournaments. They also sold them in the GW store, thus using ingame currency to purchase them. They were not handed out for showing up.

They then discontinued tournaments after the rampant cheating fiasco, which left people with huge amounts of ally points.

They they allowed people to spend them slowly with Bronziums after people complained, with the hopes people would blow out the currency.

What they didn't take into account was the slow, painful process doing one at a time would be, and people just kept accumulating them rather than spend hours tapping the screen.

Instead of CGspeak, let's reference the actual cause of the buildup.

Is it really detrimental to the health of the game to do something for this situation that *gasp* is beneficial to the players?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They increased the ally points to garner some good will after the "first round of Tournaments being refreshed with crystals" fiasco, then used those points to do the next few tournaments. They also sold them in the GW store, thus using ingame currency to purchase them. They were not handed out for showing up.

They then discontinued tournaments after the rampant cheating fiasco, which left people with huge amounts of ally points.

They they allowed people to spend them slowly with Bronziums after people complained, with the hopes people would blow out the currency.

What they didn't take into account was the slow, painful process doing one at a time would be, and people just kept accumulating them rather than spend hours tapping the screen.

Is it really detrimental to the health of the game to do something for this situation that *gasp* is beneficial to the players?

Any extra source of gear that doesnt require any current source of resource is good for the players (like ship energy), which is what they said they were looking to do.

So they are trying to plan something that is beneficial to the players, from what they have said.

Throwing the economy out of balance and forcing a different issue like what happened with mods and the credit crunch, would be a bad thing. So I'm ok with them planning and getting it right(er).

Any extra source of gear that doesnt require any current source of resource is good for the players (like ship energy), which is what they said they were looking to do.

So they are trying to plan something that is beneficial to the players, from what they have said.

Throwing the economy out of balance and forcing a different issue like what happened with mods and the credit crunch, would be a bad thing. So I'm ok with them planning and getting it right(er).

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Hold up a moment.

1. Do you still receive Ally Points, albeit in minuscule amounts? Yes, thus current in game currency.
    2. Disrupt economy? This isn't G12+ gear we're talking about (which has disrupted the balance but we can't go there just yet), it's Bronzium junk. The few shards and white and green gear. 1000 credits. You know, Bronziums. If you think allowing people to open 10 or more packs at a time makes ANY difference at all, you're delusional. C'mon man.
    3. Ship energy for gear/shards/etc. That had to happen or people would have no reason to build up the "new ship meta" to make money. That was no bone they threw us. They had to make ship tables appealing or no one would spend to finish them. Was it beneficial to players? Yes, but only because it was beneficial to EA/CG first.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

1. Do you still receive Ally Points, albeit in minuscule amounts? Yes, thus current in game currency.
    2. Disrupt economy? This isn't G12+ gear we're talking about (which has disrupted the balance but we can't go there just yet), it's Bronzium junk. The few shards and white and green gear. 1000 credits. You know, Bronziums. If you think allowing people to open 10 or more packs at a time makes ANY difference at all, you're delusional. C'mon man.
    3. Ship energy for gear/shards/etc. That had to happen or people would have no reason to build up the "new ship meta" to make money. That was no bone they threw us. They had to make ship tables appealing or no one would spend to finish them. Was it beneficial to players? Yes, but only because it was beneficial to EA/CG first.

A free energy to farm gear, not a bone? I have not refreshed since the first few days to complete all the missions. Now it's just a caribanti farm every day.

Yes despite what you might think there is a balance or pace that is designed into the game, good or bad is an opinion, but it's there and the flood of millions of ally points worth of gear and shard shop currency can actually have an effect on that.

A free energy to farm gear, not a bone? I have not refreshed since the first few days to complete all the missions. Now it's just a caribanti farm every day.

Yes despite what you might think there is a balance or pace that is designed into the game, good or bad is an opinion, but it's there and the flood of millions of ally points worth of gear and shard shop currency can actually have an effect on that.

Much like Cantina energy is free, or Normal energy is free? Don't hit me with that weak sauce. My point was, calling shards/gear is fleet mission a bonus is very misleading. They HAD to put shards or gear or both on them otherwise people would not spend money to complete them. It benefited them first.

Oh no, millions of ally points! The horror! Think of all the white and green gear people will amass. I spent half a million ally points on my main. Did it sway the arena shard in my favor? Nope. It's Bronziums for crying out loud. Did the gear I bought at the shard shop sway it in my favor? Again, nope. This was both before and after shard shop rework as well.

I've been here a long time, and seen many things actually disrupt the balance and pacing of the game- Bronziums ain't one of them.

It's fine if you have to defend the company, normally you're fair and level headed.
  • Where is the option Carrie spoke of in the ships 2.0 video?it's been a while