DSTB territory star thresholds

I don’t hold out much hope of the devs taking this on board, but the 3* thresholds in some of the territories need some adjustment.

Our guild use the same rules in phase 1 of DS TB as we do in LS TB: combat only, no deployment until 50/50 on missions.

In LS TB, we always need somewhere around 2M in deployment to take phase 1 to 3*. And that’s with all 50 members earning 6/6 on both combats. This is nice because it ensures everyone gets to hit the missions without missing out.

But in DS TB, the bottom territory of phase 1 (Imperial Landing, I think) is hitting 3* after 48/50 hit the combat mission. Granted, there’s the special mission deployment value and platoon bonuses on top of the combat results, but surely a territory shouldn’t be hitting 3* before every guild member has hit the combat mission?

On that note, the 3* value on the ship territory of both LS and DS TB, phases 3 and 4, is laughable. We’re lucky to get more than 30 guild members hitting the ship combat mission before it hits 3*. This sparks a mass scrabble to “hit the ships” before the zone locks. Again, no deployment other than the squad sent in for combat and platoons.

Since they introduced the auto-locking of territories at 3*, the devs should really ensure that no zone can hit 3* before all 50 guild members have hit the combat missions.

Replies

• No.
    Your Guild is probably a happy exception.
    The lock you ask for would make impossibile to 3-star a territory for all the guilds who miss the battles from some members.???!!!!
  • I’m not asking for a lock. I’m asking for the threshold to be bumped up by about 1.5M in DS TB phase 1.

In the early days we took many phases to 3* before 50/50 because some guild members were unreliable. They are now in different guilds!
  • I don't know. This could impact smaller guilds that can barely go 6/6 in DSTB phase 1. I just don't see a good reason to increase the points needed to 3 star simply so people can do the CM. Personally, the only thing that matters to me is that we can hit as many stars as possible, not whether or not I get to hit the CMs. Moving the goal posts will hurt others.
  • I see that point, but I figure the cross section of guilds who can achieve 3* in phase 1 bottom with current threshold but couldn’t if it were 1M higher would be very small. And they would surely get there next time, even without everyone getting 4/4 (not 6/6 in DS!)

And I totally agree with what matters to you, but unless you’re in a pod of whales guild, at some stage a territory can only hit 3* if every member hits their combats and deployments are carefully managed. We like to foster the mindset that we always get 50/50 on combats so we never miss out.

It’s a shame that in ship phases 3 and 4 this just isn’t possible.
  • I meant 6/6 on stars, but I get what you're saying now because you just wanted to increase one square in phase 1.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    lol definitely not. I would love to just once see 50/50 for combat waves. I get happy when we hit over 40, and we're getting 40/41 stars on DSTB.

The real problem is that this problem will continue to grow as you guilds top squads continue to gain higher max GP with more gear. If everyone was using 70k squads, I garentee (have not done any actual math) that this wouldn't be a "problem" for you guys. But I would be willing to bet most ppls squads are ~100k per team, as everyone wants to use their EP/Traya 7+ zeta squads on p1.
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    lol definitely not. I would love to just once see 50/50 for combat waves. I get happy when we hit over 40, and we're getting 40/41 stars on DSTB.

The real problem is that this problem will continue to grow as you guilds top squads continue to gain higher max GP with more gear. If everyone was using 70k squads, I garentee (have not done any actual math) that this wouldn't be a "problem" for you guys. But I would be willing to bet most ppls squads are ~100k per team, as everyone wants to use their EP/Traya 7+ zeta squads on p1.

You’re bang on the money there. It’s power creep that has caused this as it has only happened in the last 2 TBs.

Which means at some point in the future it will happen for LS TB too.

Of course, the real cause has been the zones locking at 3*. This was never an issue before that happened. Maybe the best solution is giving officers the ability to “re-open” a 3* zone for additional combats. That way no guild gets a harder target than the current target and retentive busybodies like me can still see 50/50!

We are currently 145M GP and expect to hit 46* this time round. The major sticking point is going 3/3/3 on phase 4 (never done it before but we have the GP now if combat is good enough) and the ship zone in phase 6 (used to be simple until they changed ship combat).