Does my Phoenix suck or what

Tier 6 thrawn event all my pheonix are 84 and 5 for mods and on top of that have omega uniques I know the strat for order but my Phoenix literally can’t beat tier 6 is it me or there some stuff goin on that I don’t know about

Replies

• kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Would help if you included a gg profile. But honestly for that event put it on auto and walk away, there's a lot of RNG and the AI actually plays Phoenix pretty well.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited July 2018
  • What gear levels?
    All gear 8
  • I saw someone do it with no maxed mods and all 1-3 dots Not only that but it was on tier 7
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I did it today 8 attempts all lvl 85 omega on unique and zebs basic (don’t know why I did this one), all g8 except Ezra who was g10. The goal for mods is to have about +70 speed on all, since 5 dot mods mean nothing since they could be horrible.

Should note my last run which got me the win was a cakewalk compared to the last 7 attempts
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Would help if you included a gg profile. But honestly for that event put it on auto and walk away, there's a lot of RNG and the AI actually plays Phoenix pretty well.

From what I’ve heard there is a specific kill order that gives higher success which is what I did, Death troopers first, then commanders (healer guys) then stormtrooper then thrawn.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You need sufficient speed on your mods. I had Zeb and Chopper over 200, Sabine in 170s, and Hera in 190s.
  • Sorry but despite everyone screaming from the mountain tops that you NEED SPEED, you don't. I went mostly protection on all toons except potency on Zeb. It was a breeze. Know how to properly use your team. Have a sound strategy. Speed is not a requirement despite what everyone proclaims.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Rydia131 wrote: »
    Sorry but despite everyone screaming from the mountain tops that you NEED SPEED, you don't. I went mostly protection on all toons except potency on Zeb. It was a breeze. Know how to properly use your team. Have a sound strategy. Speed is not a requirement despite what everyone proclaims.

I’ve been reading other posts, and yes before I “screamed” speed that was the advice I had gotten previously was speed is king, but it seems there is the protection strategy so take your pick.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Mountains of protection, particularly on Zeb, Kanan and Chopper. They should be able to survive a fracture from Thrawn without dropping. Even from about half protection. Once it happens, cast Backup Plan on them if you hadn't already, they'll either be low yellow or high red after he inflicts it. At least 3 5-dot +23.5% protection mods on Kanan and Chopper both and two on Zeb. Unless you can get a speed secondary arrow. Then 3 on him.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    I did it on first try and don`t have much speed on them. Most of my Mods are health, protection and tenacity. Had absolut no problems with 7*, especially as i lost Kanan in round 3. I used Heras Backup Plan a few times, but no one had to be revived.

My team: https://swgoh.gg/u/taroko/squads/106726/