Territory Battle character requirement???

Is it just me or is anyone else a little upset that a marquee toon (that is not even farmable anywhere, even by spending crystals) is required for a platoon, AT 4 STARS, during the current Territory Battle.... basically the game is now requiring you to spend money? So much for free to play... And even worse, you don’t have the option to spend money anymore.. If you didn’t buy the marquee pack you are out of luck? I understand this is a business and the goal is to try and get people to spend money but in this case they are requiring it? That’s a fine line for a free to play game CG, your hopping back and forth over it and I hope others aren’t happy either.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its has been this way for a while, it's nothing new. That is one of the advantages they pay for. As time goes on and rosters get more developed (or they introduce a level cap increase and more gear) finishing platoons will be way less of an issue. P2P players always have an advantage that's why they pay.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Its has been this way for a while, it's nothing new. That is one of the advantages they pay for. As time goes on and rosters get more developed (or they introduce a level cap increase and more gear) finishing platoons will be way less of an issue. P2P players always have an advantage that's why they pay.

Actually, I will correct it in saying it is a 5* requirement so unless you not only bought the $10 pack but a bunch of the other ones your guild is at a disadvantage.. I understand rewarding those that pay but that should be in the form of higher arena rank, higher raid scores, etc... it shouldn’t be a requirement to complete a territory battle. Only toons that you can farm or atleast buy in one of the shops should be required in a TB.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Actually, I will correct it in saying it is a 5* requirement so unless you not only bought the $10 pack but a bunch of the other ones your guild is at a disadvantage.. I understand rewarding those that pay but that should be in the form of higher arena rank, higher raid scores, etc... it shouldn’t be a requirement to complete a territory battle. Only toons that you can farm or atleast buy in one of the shops should be required in a TB.

Its not a requirement to complete tb its a requirement to complete platoons.

The former is doable without the latter.

Also phase 1-3 are gated so the same toons show up everytime phase 4 - 6 can be any toon.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Its not a requirement to complete tb its a requirement to complete platoons.

The former is doable without the latter.

Also phase 1-3 are gated so the same toons show up everytime phase 4 - 6 can be any toon

Filling the platoons grants the needed bonuses to maximize stars. You shouldn’t have to spend money to do this. The pool of toons they pull from should not include toons that you had to spend money on.
  • Wrong
  • The only surprise for me this time around was that range trooper was only in one slot across middle and bottom for us.

Lando’s new falcon was in platoons 3-6 in ship zone though.

What didn’t surprise me is that there was yet another forum thread about this...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    [...]
    I understand rewarding those that pay but that should be in the form of higher arena rank, higher raid scores, etc... it shouldn’t be a requirement to complete a territory battle. Only toons that you can farm or atleast buy in one of the shops should be required in a TB.
    Why? Why shouldn't paying also give an advantage in TB? You accept thst it gives an advantage in other game mode, so why not TB as well?

I'm just curious.