Changes to mods...... I don't think this going to go the way you think it will

2Next

Replies

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Aren't these mod changes a big failure already? I mean, it's supposed to make it simpler for people but nobody seems to agree or even understand anything... If it was simple, we wouldn't need to have to wait for the whole details to have a basic understanding. Now, Even though we had a global description and additional details, everybody seems to have his own explanation.

I really think that CG tries to solve a problem that does not exist and that they will make everything worse for everyone introducing a lot a bugs and nerfs. People only wanted a mod set management tool. What are you doing CG?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Took the gamble and spent 15mill upgrading all my purple, blue and greed speed secondary mods to the respective level of final speed increase.

Took the garenteed increase the result.... one 20speed purple (that’s gonna be nice if it lotto hits again. 3 speed 15 blues and a dozen green 7-10speeds

Basically with greens getting a garenteed bonus to start once the update happens I’ll finish them get the remaining secondary’s then splice them to gold mods giving me a chance to hit +10 speeds 3 more times vs hitting 5+ speed 4 times in a gold mod.

I may have wasted some credits on doing this if it doesn’t roll out this way but I’ve spent on worse things in this game and if I can get an extra 20+ speed mod out of it, it’s worth it.

Lol CG I don’t pick on you very often but 500+ people getting all +20 speed mods last night and one guy getting 10 how do you not star firing people for these constant releases???

• I think the thing I’m really going to hate about this is that I’ll be punished for my strategy of only buying gold speed mods. I’ve specifically sought out +20 speed mods. I’ve ignored those green and blue speed secondary mods that max out at +15 speed. Those mods are going to turn out to be the best ones now, becuause you got the guaranteed or high chance of hitting speed early, and now will get additional chances to hit speed again with slicing.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    I hate mods. Give me Jabba the hut
  • Most mods don't show speed secondary to begin with and are thrown in the garbage. Probably 90%+ of mods. This allows that 90% to potentially good and useful, which should change the grind from farming many mods to farming much more splicing. This decreases the value/joy of finding that speed secondary on the green or blue slightly, but again, it increases the likelihood that the reward mods you just got could be useful.
  • The way i see it, gold mods are as good as they ever were. Everything below that now has the chance to be just as good or go from ok to pretty decent. I have no idea how some people have the tin foil money grab hat on gor this update. We get free mods chucked at us left right and centre and they cost nothing to farm.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Meaning reduced drop rate of golds????
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    First, we will assume "c" to be the cost of slicing a mod once. We will also assume that "c" remains the same throughout all slicing. We will also assume "a" to be the cost of levelling a mod to level 15. Finally, we will assume that the way i used to calculate new percentages are correct

From my previous calculations, all mods will now have a

31.6% chance of getting 0 speed upgrades
    42.1% chance of getting 1 speed upgrades
    21% chance of getting 2 speed upgrades
    4.6% chance of getting 3 speed upgrades
    0.3% chance of getting 4 speed upgrades

gray mods

• Before
    Assuming the gray mod has a 100% chance of spawning a speed secondary, there is a 0% chance to get a speed upgrade (hooray!). This will take $(a)

The gray mod will consume (a+4c) resources to reach the above rates.

Conclusion: Gray Mods will benefit from this update.

Green Mods
    Assuming the green mod already has a speed secondary, it would have taken $(a) to max the mod with a 100% chance of getting 1 speed upgrade.

After, it would take (a+3c) to reach the above rates. Loss of 60% chance of 1 speed secondary traded roughly for 30% chance of nothing and 30% chance of better upgrades.

Conclusions: Green Mods might be beneficial or adverse considering a)the cost "c" b)whether you want small speed upgrades or large speed upgrades.

Blue Mods
    Assuming the blue mod has 1 speed secondary, before it would take $a to max out the mod with a
    50% chance of getting 1 speed upgrades
    25% chance of getting 2 speed upgrades

After, it would take (a+2c) to reach the above rates. Loss of 8% chance for 1 and 3% chance of 2 split into 5% increase of nothing and 5% increase of better speed upgrades

Conclusions: See Green. The same.

Purple Mods
    Assuming the Purple mod has 1 speed secondary,it would take $a reasources to max out the mod and get
    44.4% chance of 1 speed upgrade
    22.2% chance of 2 speed upgrades
    3.7% chance of getting 3 speed upgrades.

After, it would take $(a+c) to get the above rates. loss of 2% to get 1 and 1% to get 2 split into 2% increase of getting 0 and 1% increase in getting 3 or more.

Purple Mods might lose out here.

Gold
    Gold mods are unaffected by this update.

Conclusion
    Winners: Gray
    Losers: Purple
    Unaffected: Gold
    Depends: Green and Blue. Depends on what you want and the cost "c", because the loss in percentages are split equally between nothing and better.

Heres how i think i will go. The truth is: it really depends on the new costs of slicing.
    3pourr2 wrote: »

I don't know how you get reduced drop rates from that. It means that since golds are still going to have all four stats showing, they will now be more valuable by comparison.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    First, we will assume "c" to be the cost of slicing a mod once. We will also assume that "c" remains the same throughout all slicing. We will also assume "a" to be the cost of levelling a mod to level 15. Finally, we will assume that the way i used to calculate new percentages are correct

gray mods

• Before
    Assuming the gray mod has a 100% chance of spawning a speed secondary, there is a 0% chance to get a speed upgrade (hooray!). This will take $(a)

Green Mods
    Assuming the green mod already has a speed secondary, it would have taken $(a) to max the mod with a 100% chance of getting 1 speed upgrade.

After, it would take (a+3c) to reach the above rates. Loss of 60% chance of 1 speed secondary traded roughly for 30% chance of nothing and 30% chance of better upgrades.

Conclusions: Green Mods might be beneficial or adverse considering a)the cost "c" b)whether you want small speed upgrades or large speed upgrades.

Blue Mods
    Assuming the blue mod has 1 speed secondary, before it would take $a to max out the mod with a

After, it would take (a+2c) to reach the above rates. Loss of 8% chance for 1 and 3% chance of 2 split into 5% increase of nothing and 5% increase of better speed upgrades

Purple Mods
    Assuming the Purple mod has 1 speed secondary,it would take $a reasources to max out the mod and get

After, it would take $(a+c) to get the above rates. loss of 2% to get 1 and 1% to get 2 split into 2% increase of getting 0 and 1% increase in getting 3 or more.

Gold

Conclusion
    Depends: Green and Blue. Depends on what you want and the cost "c", because the loss in percentages are split equally between nothing and better.

Heres how i think i will go. The truth is: it really depends on the new costs of slicing.

I don't know how you get reduced drop rates from that. It means that since golds are still going to have all four stats showing, they will now be more valuable by comparison.
    My comment was based on golds maintaining the highest stats over sliced mods. If golds cannot be sliced and the cost to level them to 15 is reduced,I feel like the drop rate for golds will be almost zero,to encourage the slicing method.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Of course “ the most value” could relate to the amount you get when you sell the mod
  • It means that with the reduced cost to upgrade to lvl 15 + no option to slice and there for no cost gold mods will give the most benefits/investment
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    We’re also assuming that the chance to upgrade speed is the same as the chance to upgrade another stat, which many of us highly doubt. For example in the current method we’re assuming if you get a blue mod with speed and defense you have a 50% chance of upgrading speed and a 50% chance of upgrading defense at level 3. In reality, cg could have it set so that you have a 25% chance to upgrade speed and 75% chance to upgrade defense.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    My comment was based on golds maintaining the highest stats over sliced mods. If golds cannot be sliced and the cost to level them to 15 is reduced,I feel like the drop rate for golds will be almost zero,to encourage the slicing method.
    They won't have the highest stats, they'll have the same stats.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The way i see it, gold mods are as good as they ever were. Everything below that now has the chance to be just as good or go from ok to pretty decent. I have no idea how some people have the tin foil money grab hat on gor this update. We get free mods chucked at us left right and centre and they cost nothing to farm.
    Have you ever read Winny the Pooh?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    We’re also assuming that the chance to upgrade speed is the same as the chance to upgrade another stat, which many of us highly doubt. For example in the current method we’re assuming if you get a blue mod with speed and defense you have a 50% chance of upgrading speed and a 50% chance of upgrading defense at level 3. In reality, cg could have it set so that you have a 25% chance to upgrade speed and 75% chance to upgrade defense.
    I’m thinking 1% chance on speed and 99% on defence lol
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The way i see it, gold mods are as good as they ever were. Everything below that now has the chance to be just as good or go from ok to pretty decent. I have no idea how some people have the tin foil money grab hat on gor this update. We get free mods chucked at us left right and centre and they cost nothing to farm.
    Have you ever read Winny the Pooh?

Maybe but it was quite a few a years ago if I did. Am wondering where you are going with this?
  • Should have made title of post "I have a bad feeling about this." CG has made many changes that have ultimately fallen flat. I'm beginning to believe it is their way to make us experience the feelings many characters in the movies have had when that iconic line was said in nearly every Star Wars movie. It is a kind of virtual reality that only affects our emotional and cognitive skills as well as make us feel nostalgic. It really is ingenious.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

In a previous post that I have reposted above tophat states “gold will still have the highest value” . What that actually means is yet to be revealed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »

In a previous post that I have reposted above tophat states “gold will still have the highest value” . What that actually means is yet to be revealed

Assuming all stats are equally weighted everything has a 25% chance to proc on all mods after this goes live.

This makes all mods "equal" for the same price, but gold mods dont require any additional resources. This gives them the highest value as they only have the existing RNG involved and not that of slicing, and the lowest upgrade cost.

I think that's what they mean.
  • If we look back at the history of updates in the game there is no way mods 2.0 is going to better. I am mentally preparing for a mass quitting of many players in my alliance.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    If we look back at the history of updates in the game there is no way mods 2.0 is going to better. I am mentally preparing for a mass quitting of many players in my alliance.

Bye, then.

This game is better today than it has been since release.
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    If we look back at the history of updates in the game there is no way mods 2.0 is going to better. I am mentally preparing for a mass quitting of many players in my alliance.

It's a double edged sword. Upgrade rates on speed will drop for green blue and purple mods that have speed already revealed. That's the bad part. The good part is that the above mods without speed already revealed will be able to potentially reveal and upgrade speed.

Bottom line is, upgrade all ur existing green blue and purple mods with speed, then splice them after the update. These will benefit the most.
  • I think mod slicing is gonna be ok, especially for the guys who have hundreds of mods with speed secondaries already. I’d be willing to bet a lot of those 10-15 speed secondaries came on mods that started as blue/purple mods. Now you will have an opportunity to further improve those mid range speed secondaries by slicing. I’ve got plenty of 12+ speed secondaries I’d love to have a chance to improve on them
  • I really don't see all that much changing. Granted, all that was asked for was mod management.... and CG is adding stuff when it was never wanted... but in this case its really no big deal.
    The only down side is I have, and still, swoop on the green mods with speed. That was always guaranteed and now it's not. You can thrash about all you want - this isn't a good thing.
    But, seeing as I have all these green mods that already got a speed increase - I'll have a lot ripe slicing potential. That's going to be good for a while, but, in terms of years it's going to be a short term boon to me personally.
    Anyways, I find it unnecessary, but unless there's some unforseen problem, I don't see mods 2.0 doing anything but making the game a little better and a little more manageable. And if you buy Gold mods exclusively, nothing changes at all but new ways to equip mod sets.
    Now... back to the STR.......
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I think mod slicing is gonna be ok, especially for the guys who have hundreds of mods with speed secondaries already. I’d be willing to bet a lot of those 10-15 speed secondaries came on mods that started as blue/purple mods. Now you will have an opportunity to further improve those mid range speed secondaries by slicing. I’ve got plenty of 12+ speed secondaries I’d love to have a chance to improve on them

Exactly.

Yes it's going to probably be expensive and use your cantina energy but would you rather have 30+ 15 speed mods or keep whining about mod store or mod challenges RNG

This is a good thing
  • NicWester wrote: »
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

Bye, then.

This game is better today than it has been since release.

I agree that the game is better now than it was before (no where in there did I say I was going to to quit). That doesn't mean that a bunch of people won't quit because they botch another update. People are already super upset about it the mod bug that we just had. If mods 2.0 isn't nearly flawless people will quit.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

gray mods

• Before

Green Mods

Blue Mods

Purple Mods

Gold

Conclusion

ALL fully leveled aka 5a 5 pip (or dots) mods will be eligible for "slicing". Slicing is the process of upgrading a fully leveled 5a mod to a 6e mod. Slicing will require mods specific salvage and currency to upgrade each mod.

I've never seen a thread like this being so full of misunderstanding and incorrect info.