Early First Order team tips

Formerly started vying for phoenix although by the time I unlocked KRU cantina node, I've since tilted towards the FO. For the one's who've decided to also push through with FO early on, do you have any tips on lead layout, toon farming, etc. ?

KRU - 2* and gear vi
FOST - 2* and gear vi
Phasma will be unlocked by tomorrow
FOO - farming underway
FOSFTP - farming underway

Thank you!!

Replies

• FOX (First Order Executioner) is a MUST. Any composition of any FO team must include him. Farm, farm, farm, gear, gear, gear.

FO is a great faction, ton of fun, and very useful in many facets of the game. Best of luck!
  • dasbobbybob
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    That's where I've been stuck! lol
    FOX is one of the most suggested FO toon, however being a new account (level 45 atm), I'm quite in a pinch as to how I should tackle farming since FOX and KRU are both in cantina nodes; should I go at it similar to how phoenix is farmed? (alternating between ezra and hera in cantina)

Thank you for your reply!!

Also, YES for the ton of fun. That is my goal! aha!
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    KRU plus FOO and FOST plus 2 attackers. Usually split between.

Stun Control: SFTP plus Kylo
    Classic FO: FOTP and Kylo
    New FO: SFTP and FOX
    Maximum Damage: FOX plus FOTP
    FOX Support: FOX plus Kylo/SFTP.

The must haves are FOO and KRU.

Phasma is usless sadly. Outdated toon.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The ideal team is kru, foo, fost, foe, Ren. Must haves are kru and foo. Foe and fotp are interchangeable. Foe is far and away the better character but fotp has one of the best ships in the game. Given where you are at, and since kru and foe are both on cantina nodes, and since kru also gives you his ship, I would farm kru and fotp. Additionally I would farm fost, Ren, and foo. Thus your team will be kru, fost, foo, fotp, and Ren, eventually replacing fotp with foe. Phasma and fosftp are the ugly ducklings of the group. Fosftp does have some uses offensively, but I wouldn’t invest in him considering where you are at. He’s more a luxury than a must have.
  • The issue that you will run into is lack of damage. First order tie pilot is a long farm. I would suggest farming executioner first and using phasma as lead - since you get her from a store. After you’ve built up executioner some, then work on Kru.
  • Thank you for the tips!!! Really appreciate them!!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

This is a myth.... The only thing obsolete about phasma is her leadership..... Victory march gives everyone advantage and adds 50% turn meter to all..... Her AOE puts speed down on the enemy..... I solo heroic rancor with FO, and wouldn't be able to do it without phasma on the team.....

As stated earlier, Executioner is a must have.... He hits like a nuclear weapon.......

tfiycem60pp2.jpg
    dt3m0vgn05ca.jpg
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

This is a myth.... The only thing obsolete about phasma is her leadership..... Victory march gives everyone advantage and adds 50% turn meter to all..... Her AOE puts speed down on the enemy..... I solo heroic rancor with FO, and wouldn't be able to do it without phasma on the team.....

As stated earlier, Executioner is a must have.... He hits like a nuclear weapon.......

tfiycem60pp2.jpg
    dt3m0vgn05ca.jpg
    I solo’d without phasma. It’s not that phasma is bad, it’s just that she’s the worst pick out of all the first order to take the fifth slot.

• Executioner really messes up people's days...love him :smile:
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    OG Kylo in place of Phasma, executioner
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Get rid of special forces
  • winky
    24 posts Member
    You have to ignore Executioner at first. The Kylos are too important and all 3 are cantina nodes. I made some early farming mistakes but have been farming only FO and pilots for the past couple weeks and am finally starting to get caught back up in arena with my FO squad.

Level 73
    KRU 7* G8
    Kylo Ren 5* G8
    FOO 7* G8
    Phasma 6* G7
    FOSFTP 4* G7

Thats 2 Cantina Nodes, 1 Cantina Store, 1 Guild Store, 1 GW Store.

Late game FO I can't talk about yet, but early game 4 of your characters HAVE to be KRU, Ren, FOO, and Phasma, as they are the 4 that are fast to farm up. The 5th slot will be lagging behind no matter which other character you want to slot there as Hard Nodes and Guild Store are just slower.
  • winky wrote: »
    You have to ignore Executioner at first. The Kylos are too important and all 3 are cantina nodes. I made some early farming mistakes but have been farming only FO and pilots for the past couple weeks and am finally starting to get caught back up in arena with my FO squad.

Level 73
    KRU 7* G8
    Kylo Ren 5* G8
    FOO 7* G8
    Phasma 6* G7
    FOSFTP 4* G7

Thats 2 Cantina Nodes, 1 Cantina Store, 1 Guild Store, 1 GW Store.

Late game FO I can't talk about yet, but early game 4 of your characters HAVE to be KRU, Ren, FOO, and Phasma, as they are the 4 that are fast to farm up. The 5th slot will be lagging behind no matter which other character you want to slot there as Hard Nodes and Guild Store are just slower.
    Executioner is far more important than OG Kylo. I don’t even use him in my team.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Depends. Og kylo is a tm machine. He gives 25% tm every thrash and can do it every turn as long as the dot resets his cooldowns. The basic strategy with fo is to feed tm to your damage dealer while keeping him safe. Fost, foo, and og Ren all feed tm. You also get tm from crits from kru’s leader ability. Thus against certain teams og Ren is an absolute must. If you throw thrawn on the team you can literally give your damage dealer, whether it be foo or foe, turn after turn, after turn. For the start of fights it’s amazing. If your opponent doesn’t have a pretaunter, you can kiss any squishy goodbye before they get a turn. Defense however is another matter. Fo is horribad on defense.
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Having come across a few KRU zetas now in GW, I have to say they seem very potent on defence at least.

KRU alone can really throw a spanner in the works.

Not sure about FOX though, I think many people overlook him.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • winky
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I agree FO is bad on defense. The one character that crushes on D tho is KRU. A swoll KRU will prevent any weaker teams from overtaking you by himself. (Unless they're left with someone that can prevent heals once the dust settles). Prioritizing gearing him up first will shore up a lot of FO's weak spot on defense.
  • Thank you for the tips!!! Will unlock FOO after 2hours (refresh)

Roster as of now
    KRU
    FOE
    FOST
    Phasma(Temporary since she is easy to farm)
    Tarkin (Filler; to be replaced by FOO)

Must admit I am having more fun with FO!!
  • Quick update! I have a complete FO roster and was able to climb back up averaging between 50-70 in arena rank. OG Kylo Ren also close to unlocking.

My team consists of:

KRU (lead)
    FOE
    FOST
    Phasma
    FOO

Should I switch out Phasma for OG Kylo Ren as soon as I gear him up? Thank you for the tips!!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes. Make him second fastest to FOO. FOO grants him a turn right off the bat, he does lash out and boom: all 5 characters are either 100% TM or really close to it and he's got retribution.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Yes. Make him second fastest to FOO. FOO grants him a turn right off the bat, he does lash out and boom: all 5 characters are either 100% TM or really close to it and he's got retribution.

This. This is how you typically start fights. Foo should be your fastest character, casts marching orders on Ren, Ren uses lash out and gives everyone else 25% tm, filling up the the teams tm.
  • Or you could do it the other way. Give the TM to Phasma, who uses Victory March to give everyone TM and Advantage. Everyone gets a guaranteed crit on their first attack, and likely that you've just taken out one of their characters before they even get to start.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Downside to Phasma over Kylo is the cooldown on Victory March versus using Lash Out on almost every turn and gaining retribution, which inflicts DoT and Healing Immunity. He also hits massively harder than Phasma in general. If you have FOST you don't need Phasma for Speed Down either.
  • True, but I was going off the roster lineup he posted which had Phasma in it.
  • winky
    24 posts Member
    I keep seeing everywhere that FOO should be your fastest, but I don't see why you wouldn't want him second fastest instead. Its the same result except you got a hit in first, then FOO gives the TM boost, of which you're using all 100% of it instead of the 1% you would be otherwise, and you continue from there. Am I missing something?
  • FOO is the fastest to begin with, so he's more likely to be able to go before the other team's fastest guy giving you the opportunity to get things started. Kylo Ren or Phasma have lower base speed, so pumping them up with your best speed mods might make them go before FOO, but it's less likely (in arena) that they'll go before the other team's Vader, or FOO, or whoever they have to kick things off.

Not only that, but FOO being fastest ensures that he goes more often throughout the battle, and as a big time TM manipulator (both giving and taking), giving him as many opportunities to stack the deck in your favour, the better.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    As a general rule, I think it's always best to have your support characters as the fastest. Even more than attackers.

EDIT - In the case of FOO, he's the fastest to begin with, so it's more likely that he'll get to go before the other team's fastest toon if you give him your best speed mods. Plus, with more speed, it gives him more turns throughout battle, which is more opportunity to manipulate the playing field.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    True, but I was going off the roster lineup he posted which had Phasma in it.

Thank you for considering my current line-up. I have since unlocked Kylo and in the process of gearing him up. Might get him up to speed by tomorrow.
    I keep seeing everywhere that FOO should be your fastest, but I don't see why you wouldn't want him second fastest instead. Its the same result except you got a hit in first, then FOO gives the TM boost, of which you're using all 100% of it instead of the 1% you would be otherwise, and you continue from there. Am I missing something?

I can tell you from running fo in arena for three months that it is absolutely needed. Going first in pvp is often the only thing that determines who wins and who loses. Foo casting marching orders on Ren, Ren lashes, and then your other three characters go before their team. That means kru can stun a key character, like say thrawn, fost can get his taunt up to protect foo and give everyone tm in the process, and foe can remove tm from a key character and dispel a pretaunt like shore or sith trooper.
    You have to ignore Executioner at first.

Never ignore Executioner. He is quite possibly the best FO character.