Thrawn Mythic Tier III difficulty increased???

Prev1
The first time this event was released I was able to finish it, though with just one star. After a few months, of course, my imperials definitely got better (all gear 12 with very good mods and zetas). However, now I can barely manage to kill one or two rebels before they crush me. In one of the several try that had phoenix took 6 turns before I was able to take a single move!! My vader is 300 in speed against rebel and never had a move!! The last time this event was out it wasn't so.
I kindly ask to @CG_SCrumb why devs increased the difficulty of an already extremely challenging event. Was it made on purpose?? Furthermore, I can't see any viable option being my team already maxed out.

Replies

• Options
    Also, why can Sabine ignore my shoretrooper's taunt on the first move? I thought I was going to face a PS squad with a similar kit to what mine is, but apparently, Sabine has developed a Nest-like ability to ignore taunt. Didn't matter in the end, because they all had 400 speed and preloaded TM, 6-dot mods with crit chance and crit damage through the roof. Honestly, there is a difference between a "challenge" and making us run a race AFTER cutting our legs off.
  • Options
    How come that with full Gear (XII), best imperial characters, all Zetas and with best mods it still is impossible to win the mythical Event? This is more than stupid
  • Options
  • Options
    Lol, y’all did something different, The event hasn’t changed lol.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    I still cant do it, but previously I couldnt take out one, and now I was able to kill 3.. Guess its just rng. (yay how awesome game where everyrhing is based on luck)
  • Options
    @GhostTruckin, I'm with the same team I used when I made it: Thrawn(L, forced), Vader, Palp, Tarkin and TP. Since last time I improved all of these toons and now I'm not even close to get it. If the event hasn't changed since then there is something really really weird going on...
  • Options
    You got lucky first time thru, that’s my suspicion, I use shore in place of tie, just went and walked thru it again, lost shore cuz I was getting cute with Kanan before I dropped Sabine and Ezra. It’s easy to walk thru, and I don’t think that the event has changed in the slightest.

As for your difficulties, you could have had a bad run, tie is not ideal imo , And yes they get a couple preloaded tm turns, . . It’s not that big of a deal. And it still went down easy as all get out. Even losing shore. So I suggest reviewing your squad, your mods, and Mebbe your comp. the event itself plays as unchanged .
  • Options
    There's no point man, I took out shoretrooper because it's not gear 12 and it get killed in two shots by sabine and ezra, pretty useless. In this last round palpatine was one shot for ezra, there is something wrong compared to the last time. Also Vader does not recover health when DoT expires.
  • Options
    I still say that shore is your best bet, and you might want to try even just swapping positions, I’ve heard that can help, personally I just played thru, but that may help you out.
  • Options
    There is something wrong. Sabine completely ignores taunt, vader do not recover health when DoT expires (this happened multiple times), moreover sometimes shoretrooper does not even start with taunt. I think devs made it harder because they added the extra gear xii pieces in the sith raid. Ah, also Zeb ignores taunt, what a joke.
  • DarthJarX2
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    No, you are missing my point. ALL of them ignore taunt. Played it 15 times now and Sabine armor shreds whomever she wants (random), Zeb staggers someone, Ezra flourish someone. All of these things are happening to whomever they want, regardless of shoretrooper's taunt. They also gain massive TM while thrawn's leadership is useless. Once I do get a turn, they get all the counters and even more TM. It's stupid, not a challenge. What's the point if the strategy is "have everyone g12 and god mods"?
  • Options
    All your toons have an invisible taunt at the start of the battle to spread the damage from pheonix
  • Options
    a9rqtcn8o310.png

Image of proof that they're ignoring taunts. Fresh run(you can tell nobody's gone yet because Phoenix still has full health/protection)
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    There's no point man, I took out shoretrooper because it's not gear 12 and it get killed in two shots by sabine and ezra, pretty useless. In this last round palpatine was one shot for ezra, there is something wrong compared to the last time. Also Vader does not recover health when DoT expires.

I did it with a G10 Shoretrooper + Thrawn, Vader, EP, Stormtrooper (all G12), all of them survived. Double tank helps.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    I was surprised with the Phoenix team ignoring taunt. Having to fight a team starting with full TM is usual business with these events but, to my knowledge, they don't get extra abilities. That seems like a bug to me. Not that it would change anything in the outcome of this fight, my Empire team is g11 at most so it's gonna die anyway...
  • Options
    I see no difference from last time honestly. The opening volley is the advantage they get to make the event Mythic hard. Yes, they get to do stuff they normally can't. But it's very possible to beat. Once you survive the beginning, it's just like every other battle. High gear levels and good mods will aid you in surviving.

• Options
    @Spang, thanks that looks really helpful, I'm trying different lineups and getting closer.
  • Options
    Just did it with 11zep 12dv 11shore 11tarkin 11thrawn. I think its literally the bare minimum, as it took me 3 hours to get the right rng.
    Ezra kills himself with the ep unique automatically, dv special killed sabine, full team stun stixking by palp, then hera, then shock + fracture + everything on to kanaan. Last 2 falls like a domino.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options
    They ignored taunt last time the event run as well, thisisn’t a bug, it is part of the event’s game mechanics. For most ppl that is a good thing too because with all their pre-loaded tm they would kill off tanks pretty fast if the attacks weren’t distributed on several targets.

The difficulty seems to be the same to me.
  • Options
    I did it with thrawn,vader (g12's); shore, palp, tarkin(all g11's). Like all things in the game, it's rng. Play enough times and you'll win.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqMEzcKamA

That's how I did it. :)

I did not play particularly well, that team wasn't equipped with my best mods, but it worked.

The idea is to try and kill Kanan 1st so the Phoenix lose their counter-attack.
    More importantly, use Palp so his "Crackling Doom" removes 20% of their max health (40% or even 60% depending whether they're Shocked, Jedi and/or Rebel) whenever they take a turn.
    As long as you can survive a few turns Phoenix will die almost by their own actions.

For reference : https://swgoh.gg/u/ddlooping/collection/
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    D
  • Options
    Rui99 wrote: »
    I’m not sure if this had been said. 1st time though they didn’t force you to use thrwan as lead. Instead I used Vader as lead and his DoT’s would just kill them off as they are what 300+ speed each. Now the DEV’s changed it and make you run thrwan lead which gives most people zero chance to beat it. Just gotta keep moving that goal post back lol

It was a bug for you then. It's always been thrawn lead.

Why don't people research before commenting here? *sighs*

They don't just nerf/buff events without prior notice. Heck, i don't even remember any event that's been buffed directly except the chimaera event that was only *changed* for the 3v3.

Closest they've come to buffing an event is changing the ground war requirements from res to jedi (thank lord they kept ugnaught ;P).
  • Options
    This event is horrible
  • Options
    I auto’ed it, zzEP, Vader, Moff, zThrawn unique, Shoretrooper-G11 all others G12. It was actually easier than last time, I’ve G12 Vader since last time.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Did it with Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Tarkin, Palpatine, and Deathtrooper. Wasn't difficult to 3* it. Sabine does ignore taunt though and armor shredded palpatine right at the start. I retreated to see if it was consistent and she did it again.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    They are ignoring taunt. I just made a video of it. Whats up with that ... and it is not just Sabine
  • Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    They are ignoring taunt. I just made a video of it. Whats up with that ... and it is not just Sabine

It's been stated several times in many threads its an intended mechanic to spread damage, so you dont have your shore focused down before you take a turn
  • Options
    Tier 3 rewards aren't worth chasing over anyway. Not gonna cause myself to get stressed or mad at it so screw it :)